KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Impaq International

Engaged Employer

Impaq International

Add a Review

Impaq International Employee Reviews about "impaq"

Updated Jul 27, 2021

Found 9 of over 99 reviews

3.8
Impaq International President and CEO David Myers (no image)
David Myers

132 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "impaq"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee

Office politics getting nasty

Jun 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of smart people, sometimes interesting work.

Cons

I used to admire the atmosphere and values of IMPAQ, but over the last year or so I've noticed that office politics have been getting nasty, especially as funding has become unsteady in some content areas--top managers can be distant/absent, rude, and unsupportive/anti-helpful; people are throwing others under the bus and talking behind others' backs. It's feeling pretty toxic. Yuck.

9 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to Work For

Feb 23, 2018 - Software Developer in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working for Impaq International while I was there. It was an open welcoming environment. I felt that Impaq really cared about their employees. There was a good work life balance here.

Cons

Most of my issues here came from IMPAQ's Clients, not IMPAQ itself. The only reason I left the company was my desire live closer to family and the possibility of working remotely was not available.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great colleagues

Jul 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fellow colleagues at IMPAQ are kind and dedicated to the work. They are very accommodating of your personal schedule as long as it doesn’t interfere with the work.

Cons

The way each project/ division operates varies and your workload is dependent on how well your projects are staffed. It is not uncommon for a project to have a limited budget that requires work to be done off the clock, which can make balancing projects difficult.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Positive Experience in Health Division; Company acquired by AIR

Feb 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I joined IMPAQ, it was a small, family-owned business. We had some growing pains as we became larger, but the leadership in the Health Division worked hard to maintain a positive culture throughout. In fact, in the past few years, IMPAQ parted ways with several employees who challenged the positive culture and added toxicity. IMPAQ was acquired by AIR, and one of the best things AIR did was retain the Health executive and senior VPs in their roles. They were approachable and cared about staff at all levels. They worked hard to make sure we had effective and efficient tools, resources, and internal support to do our jobs well; were open to feedback and suggestions; they were transparent about processes and progress; and they cared greatly about fair treatment to everyone. They were also willing to mentor staff at all levels; they provided career advice to staff and created opportunities to share their knowledge (e.g., a course about professional services firms, sessions about working with CORs). I had a positive experience there and hope many aspects of the IMPAQ Health Division’s culture, processes, and priorities are maintained at AIR.

Cons

There were no cons specific to IMPAQ. Federal contracting can be demanding, regardless of what firm is conducting the work.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee

Phone Interviewer

Aug 7, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, you can request your own schedule that fits your needs.

Cons

Impaq used to be a nice place to work with a group of great people but it's not anymore. Supervisors and managers become more and more strict and micromanaging. There's also lots of uncertainty among projects as when a project starts/ends. When there's no contract, employees can be unemployed for a whole month or until they find a contract. It's interesting to see current employees were asked to reduce their working hours while they keep hiring new people.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mixed bag

Jan 16, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- room to grow (if you know who to talk to) - because IMPAQ is out to make every dollar there is, they will put junior staff on tasks they are completely unqualified for, but, it's a great opportunity to learn make every dollar there is, they will put junior staff on tasks they are completely unqualified for, but, it's a great opportunity to learn make every dollar there is, they will put junior staff on tasks they are completely unqualified for, but, it's a great opportunity to learn - amazing co-workers. people are smart and hardworking. - research with a social impact mission

Cons

- family run company results in amateurs/family friends in management. - I was not paid the same as my male counterparts. - like i mentioned, out to get every dollar in gov't contracting so it results in unethical choices (including staffing junior personnel, low quality research, strategic charging of time) - you will be staffed on at least 5 project at a time and 2 proposals during the summertime. Because IMPAQ works on billable hours (this is its own can of worms omg), you will work incredible hours of over time. - personal development will happen during your own time, always off the clock - innovation is not encouraged (unless it's to overbill hours to a client!)

11 people found this review helpful

Impaq International Response

CEO

Thank you for your review. We strive to make a positive impact in the world, and treat our staff with respect, fairness, and to provide opportunities for professional and personal growth. We are very proud of our nice, smart, and hardworking diverse staff. 68% of our team hold advanced degrees, and we have 43% women in leadership. Many staff started here in entry-level positions and have developed (in terms of research skills, business development experience, etc.) and been promoted accordingly to more advanced positions/responsibilities. Others have learned and contributed and then moved on to seek advanced degrees and/or experience new exciting opportunities. We aim to be a Company that encourages growth, entrepreneurship and innovation; we try to say “yes” whenever we can and support staff to take chances, challenge themselves and the status quo, and make their mark. While we have grown a lot in our almost 18 years, we still consider ourselves flexible and agile. We are always interested in ways to improve, new ideas, and growth opportunities (for the business as a whole, as well as the individual).

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Meaningful Work, Supportive Colleagues

Oct 25, 2017 - Research Associate in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

IMPAQ has a flexible, friendly work environment. My colleagues are smart and kind. I am able to contribute to meaningful research.

Cons

The work is not always glamorous.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great president and vision

Mar 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership improved with President of impaq, improved our policy engagement, creative approaches, and ability to win and lead in new areas

Cons

IMPAQ was acquired and current leadership seems to not understand health care. Strong leaders have started to leave.

1 person found this review helpful