Impaq International "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Impaq International Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 5, 2019

3.4
Impaq International CEO Avi Benus
Avi Benus
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management is toxic and benefits need to be improved(in 4 reviews)

• "Often treat employees like children; not realizing many of us do this PART TIME(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Great Growing Company"

Former Employee - Senior Research Associate in Columbia, MD

I worked at Impaq International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity for advancement Concern for work/life balance

Cons

Focus on corporate office

Impaq International2019-04-30

"Great Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Columbia, MD

I worked at Impaq International full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved working for Impaq International while I was there. It was an open welcoming environment. I felt that Impaq really cared about their employees. There was a good work life balance here.

Cons

Most of my issues here came from IMPAQ's Clients, not IMPAQ itself. The only reason I left the company was my desire live closer to family and the possibility of working remotely was not available.

Impaq International2018-02-23
  3. "Flexible"

Current Employee - Research Analyst

I have been working at Impaq International full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Flexible -Challenging at times -Opportunities for growth

Cons

-Time zone variation between offices -Work-life balance challenging at times

Impaq International2019-11-05

"It Is What You Make It"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Impaq International full-time for more than a year

Pros

IMPAQ is growing a LOT. The company is hiring left and right and winning new work left and right, including some major health contracts. IMPAQ is quickly becoming a legitimate player in the health space. If you're a go-getter, it's a great first job. If you demonstrate competence and advocate for yourself, you can take on a LOT of responsibility on both projects and internal development. If you seek senior level champions for yourself, you can get very far and make real contributions to the firm. Culture is dependent on the office. Some offices have a very strong young contingent with regular social events and an outgoing, gregarious, collaborative vibe. Other offices are older and have a less vibrant culture and are more isolated. Excellent work-life balance. You can come in and leave when you want (within reason) if you're performing well. Work from home arrangements are easy. You can expect a simple 9-5 base, with a few more hours a day if you're pushing yourself or during busy times of the year.

Cons

Firm's growing and competing with better peers, but pay and benefits haven't caught up. If you're not willing to go after things and seek new responsibility, you will be relegated to boring tasks and will not advance. Corporate leadership is often a black hole, although they're trying to get better. You'll interact with senior research staff regularly, but executives are pretty invisible. For more senior folks, be careful. The firm has a bad habit of telling people whatever they want to hear to get a strategic hire on board, and sometimes responsibilities are totally different than advertised. This has caused some turnover issues at that level.

Continue reading
    Impaq International2019-03-02
  5. "Research Analyst"

I have been working at Impaq International full-time

Pros

I have been working at IMPAQ for 14 months and have been very happy here. The project-based work is flexible to suit your professional development goals. If you want to develop particular skills there is a high chance that you can become involved in an applicable project. Self-advocacy is effective and can influence work based on your interests and goals, including both research-content and managerial skills. There is a higher level of transparency between upper and lower management, which I greatly appreciate. The work-life balance is good; if you need to work remotely for an appointment or sick child you will not receive any push-back. the culture is respectful, kind, and entrepreneurial.

Cons

I work in a satellite office; sometimes there are delays in decisions getting disseminated to our location.

Impaq International2017-11-02
  6. "A fast-paced, thoughtful environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Impaq International full-time

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for growth and development of employees. Thoughtful company growth, particularly in terms of human capital. Fair compensation.

Cons

Fast paced. Maintaining a work-life balance may be hard for some.

Impaq International2013-10-16
  7. "High growth company with innovative people"

Current Employee - Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Impaq International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting Work, with a good variety of project Great Work-Life Balance, in a family atmosphere Smart people, great culture Stability, with high growth potential Locations in both Columbia, MD and downtown DC

Cons

Company has grown quickly and now needs to add a few more people with experience in staff management and mentoring.

Continue reading
    Impaq International2012-11-28

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews