Imperial Acquisitions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brendan Gallagher

1. "Place for those who are interested in becoming an Entrepreneur (having your own branch in a short duration)"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Imperial Acquisitions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training was well provided by the experts at Imperial Acquisitions, you will get a chance to learn about good Customer Relations Management, it is a very good hands on experience, and you are always learning something positive to put towards your own individual work ethic, and if you work hard you will continue to be promoted up into the company

Cons

Lunch expenses are not provided, and it could be a long drive for you depending on the location you live at.

Advice to Management

No advice for management, keep doing what you're doing!

2. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Imperial Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The entire staff is very nice and are willing to help ensure that you are comfortable with the work environment as well as with the knowledge of the job.

Cons

Involved being very pushy towards the business owners you have to meet with. I did not feel comfortable doing this, although that may mean I just do now have a sales mindset.

Advice to Management

Although it is up to us to also ask questions, I wish I would have known more about the details involved before committing to the job.

3. "Professional and fun work environment!"

Current Employee - Administration in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Administration in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

I love working here, every day is different and fun. We have a fast paced environment and are constantly growing. I love that I'm able to rapidly advance and grow in my personal career while working in a team environment. I also love that the hours are conducive to a family life.

Cons

Every day is different, so naturally some days are better than others but the good days vastly outweigh the not so good days.

5. "A place for the entrepreneurial hearted"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Imperial Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture of Imperial Acquisitions inc. is simple: Work hard with dedication, determination and integrity. It is easy for most to say they possess these necessary qualities, but much harder for them to prove it. For those who do however, the sky’s the limit. In less then a year with this company I have traveled across the country and I have seen for myself what the pinnacle of self made success truly looks like. With the recent September 3, 2014 expansion to London, the opportunities are greater than ever! For the first time in my life I wake up excited to go to work, pushing myself to achieve my goals, and mentoring other amazing individuals do the same.

Cons

Entrepreneurs don’t have employee mentalities. Those whole are not willing to invest the time necessary into growing their own business will not find the success I’m referring to.

"All commission based. Dead end"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

If you want to do door to door sales, then this job is for you.

Cons

I worked here and left after realizing I am not okay working for a company with these type of values.

1) Long days- 10 hour days 8am-6pm. You are looking to work around 50+ hours a week, guaranteed.

2) They will post multiple ads that essentially run around the exact point of work that they do. (they will say, marketing, management, business management) .. It is a sales job that requires you to go business to business without an appointment. Most of the time the employees and owners are busy and do not want to talk to solicitors.

3) They are dishonest about a lot of things. They will say they work with big corporate companies to get people to buy from them or work for them when in reality they do not. They simply walk into a business and try to sell to them

4) When you go on a full day interview (which I might add, is unpaid) they will present you with numbers that will say how much you will be making (which are bogus). The pay depends on what you sell. IT IS COMMISSION. They will tell you there is a salary option but you still need to sell so much to even receive the salary so technically you are still working on commission

5) You need your own vehicle. You will be required to drive to your location and will have to use your car all day to go to each business. You do not get compensated for gas

6) They will tell you that they are hiring because of the success of their offices when that is not the case. There are only 3-4 employees who even work there.

7) There are no benefits, no paid time off, no holiday pay, no sick leave. You get paid for the days you come in so if there is a holiday, you don't get paid. You can not take personal sick days or save up for any vacation time. They said there are benefits which were never presented to me, ever.

Overall it is very sketchy to say the least. There are many things they are not honest about to get the people to come in for interviews.

I would ask questions and a lot of them. They will not directly answer your question or give you numbers that are not accurate so I wouldn't believe everything you hear.

The only good reviews on here are current employees posting so their company doesn't look bad (Which like i said before consists of 3-4 people)

Advice to Management

Work on being honest and straight forward with your potential employees and employees.

"HR NIGHTMARE!"

Former Employee - Human Resources "Director" in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources "Director" in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Imperial Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Little skills/experience/education needed; however, I never witnessed them hiring anyone...

Cons

Not only do they lie, but they are breaking multiple labor laws. Don't feel special for getting an interview because they call everyone; even people that don't apply, they populate a list of people that have CareerBuilder account. I am glad they are giving "low-skilled/experienced" people a chance, but that doesn't set them apart and those poor people are being lied to. I had no training and was chastised for not meeting daily goals -- I was there for 2 days at this point. When people called and asked about the position, I was expected to lie and say it was not sales or door-to-door but that it was business-to-business. This is a sales position and it is far from business-to-business. I was just on the scheduling side and when I asked for the position details, I was told "that's none of your business". Also, one of the all-day interviewees told me that Mall Security was called on them... twice... because a potential client went to T-Mobile to ask who IAI was and they have no idea. Shady business if you ask me! Why wouldn't you be communicating with your client company?! Why would you be competing on your own turf?!

Overall, IAI lies about every aspect they can and I can not compromise my morals or federal and state laws to try to elevate their joke of a business. When trying to express concerns that certain practices violate laws or are off-beat, I was laughed at and not taken seriously.

Advice to Management

Just be honest; you won't waste your time or anyone else's. Not only is it unfair, but there are aspects that violate Labor Laws. I can only hope you change using the "Law of Large Numbers" because that isn't going to attract or develop talent.

"Absolutely terrible."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Imperial Acquisitions (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an absolutely awful company. There are no pros.

Cons

They paid me $120 for a work week that consited of 50 hours Monday through Friday. I was promised $ 500 every week. You have two choices, salary or commision. I picked salary. Made sales and only got paid for commision. Businesses throw you out because this is a soliciting job. On top of 50 hours in the week they required an insane amount of driving with your own vehicle and Sunday phone calls. When I asked for help they were not helpful at all. I am a veteran serving four years to keep these people safe and they couldnt keep the decency of keeping their word.

Advice to Management

Work on being honest.

"Sky's the Limit"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Imperial Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With the amount of growth in this company the sky's the limit on where you can end up professionally. But its all up to you and what you put into it. What you put into the position is where you're going to find yourself in 3-5 years...

Cons

Not everyone has the vision and work ethics for this line of work... So if your not motivated to become a successful business man or woman and willing to work hard than this isn't the place for you. "Come prove me wrong"

Advice to Management

"Lead from the front!"

10. "Endless Opportunities Here If You Are Willing To Work Hard!"

I have been working at Imperial Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No glass ceiling. Promotions based on merit not seniority. No weekends!
    New experiences and challenges daily! This is a long term career and not a job.

Cons

None that I can think of..

Advice to Management

Keep the fun work hard/play hard atmosphere!

11. "With dedication, hard work, and drive, this job is the opportunity of a lifetime."

I have been working at Imperial Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for substantial growth, great relationships with co-workers, ability to make more money than minimum wage, lots of fun, and easy material.

Cons

Weather can play a part in the cons sometimes, and some customers are not always the happiest.