Found 2,659 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Imperial College London? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Imperial College London employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people you work with are great and try and make your life easier" (in 160 reviews)
- "Lovely people around with lots of perks and great facilities" (in 112 reviews)
- "The colleagues and everyone was great." (in 111 reviews)
- "The hourly pay is good" (in 67 reviews)
- "Staff are friendly and helpful" (in 51 reviews)
- "Low salary and usually working more than expected" (in 106 reviews)
- "Limited career progression due to funding restrictions" (in 40 reviews)
- "Poor management from level 4 up." (in 37 reviews)
- "Long hours and extremely competitive" (in 35 reviews)
- "Old Boys Club;lots of bullying and blatant favouritism." (in 22 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Imperial College London and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Dec 5, 2023Student Records AdministratorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
A lot of flexibility and amazing opportunities for further training and development
Hard to progress within the same role
- 5.0Dec 1, 2023Postdoctoral Research AssociateCurrent Employee
Nice environment. Flexible hours. Great facilities and perks, like gyms, support, etc. If you work with a good PI, this institution and experience will be as good as it can be.
All academia jobs appear underpaid. The worker must take this into consideration
- 4.0Nov 30, 2023PhD StudentCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSouth Kensington, England
Strong academic resources, helpful supervisors.
Campus is a little bit small.
- 5.0Nov 30, 2023Research AssociateCurrent EmployeeLondon, England
A positive and collaborative culture and good work-life balance
There are no major cons in working here.
- 4.0Nov 27, 2023Research AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Decent pay, good networking and options of health care plans
Are not allowed to do any bonuses or other perks Contracts are often short.
- 5.0Nov 27, 2023Graduate StudentCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
provides a friendly environment to pursue personal development goals
Some tasks are unnecessarily time consuming
- 5.0Nov 25, 2023Postdoctoral Research AssociateFormer Employee
- excellent work environment - very competitive salary compared to other UK institutions - good benefits - flexible work environment - good work-life balance
- Not enough office space. Can be given a small office with 20 other phds/postdocs
Imperial College London Reviews FAQs
Imperial College London has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 3,166 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Imperial College London to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
82% of Imperial College London employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Imperial College London 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.