Imperva Reviews in Redwood City, CA | Glassdoor

Redwood City, CA

2.9
Chris Hylen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits and work environment with many perks (in 12 reviews)

• Great people and direct management is great (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The growing pains of a growing company puts on a bit of a work load, but I don't know that I really see that as a "CON" (in 5 reviews)

• I have been year for just over a year, and the company is growing and evolving (in 3 reviews)

1. "It had its ups and downs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience building job skills, senior management and guidance was excellent, and the job was fast pace and interesting to keep your attention. It was a great introductory company into the security space. I felt like I knew most of the company and mostly everyone's heart was in the right place.

Cons

Some of the perks weren't all that ... perky: Eat Club meals were meh but it's free food, kitchen was somewhat stocked with limited junkfood snacks and drinks, and there weren't a lot of other benefits. Unlimited PTO was nice but wasn't really used as much as it could've been due to work/life balance issues.

Advice to Management

Focus on building on your employee's talents and maintaining who you already have. Do not waste talent on menial tasks.

"Rsm"

Current Employee - RSM in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - RSM in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Cyber is relevant, impv becoming less so evidenced by their stock performance ever since Bettencourt joined

Cons

CRO is awful and rampant nepotism. CEO lives on a different planet.

Advice to Management

Replace CRO; can't hold a conversation or look you in the eye. No one will take him on a legit sales call

"Management has egos - and nothing else."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- lots of opportunity to take on new roles, wear new hats, and do more things.
    - general employee population is nice, not backstabbing etc and willing to help one another
    - opportunity to grow in your field and take on projects with other groups...if liked

Cons

- management is insecure; the second they feel you have an idea better than theirs (even if it results in improvement/more efficiency, you will be shunned
    - low comp compared to other orgs
    - management does not appreciate hard workers - do your work and get out is my recommendation. going above and beyond is not rewarded.

Advice to Management

- realize where you stand in the market and then get over yourselves! you could do so much more if you stopped clocking employees in/out and gave them meaningful opportunities to DO something. reward talent and merit - get rid of the incestuous promotion that happens with israeli employees and no one else.

Jul 25, 2017 – SVP of People

Our goal at Imperva is never to limit our employees’ passion; we are committed to growing our teams internally.

4. "Lead Development Representative"

Former Employee - Reading - Lead Development Representative (LDR) in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva (Less than a year)

Pros

Training, People, Product leader WAF, location.

Cons

Process coordination. LDR Management team based in USA

Advice to Management

Closer process coordination , Marketing vs Sales

May 10, 2017 – SVP of People

Coordinating across countries and time zones can be challenging. Thanks for you feedback so we can further tune.

"SDR"

Former Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

imperva offers a full suite of security and monitoring solutions for applications & databases

Cons

I was taught to say nothing if I didn't have anything nice to say...

Advice to Management

Keep improving to infinity and beyond . Keep the heart of the company there and happy.

6. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard-working people with a great energy. Fun coworkers make work enjoyable. Fast-paced and motivated work style.

Cons

Because Imperva is still in-between a startup and a major company, it has some growing pains. It lacks a solid organization/structure behind some processes and procedures.

"Sales Tanking, Employee bonuses sacked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Products are okay. Some good people left

Cons

Top management looking to max out their compensation on the impending sale. Sales is a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Stop telling lies and insulting the intelligence of ur employees

"I work on the Incapsula team and the management is awful. We keep losing our sales team bc of management. Miserable!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva (More than a year)

Pros

The members of our sales team are wonderful and brilliant people. Too bad we keep losing them.

Cons

The management is awful. They promote people that have ZERO leadership experience and make them team leads. They are big on managing the sales team with fear. We have already lost half out sales team because of this and the upper management does nothing to fix this huge problem. We continue to hire new reps only for them to quit a couple months later. It's truly a revolving door here. All the current reps are looking for new jobs.

Advice to Management

Take a deeper look at the big problem.... it's the management and team leads. You will keep losing awesome sales reps bc of the way we are being treated.

"Good people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good people
    - Not much if any office politics
    - Easy to do business

Cons

- Compensation on the low side when compared to other, larger cyber security companies

Advice to Management

- Keep your A+ employees happy

Apr 4, 2016 – Human Resources

We wish you the best. Thank you for the candid feedback.

"Changes abound."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid product that beats competition in head-to-head battles consistently. Good compensation that is starting to slide upwards as you stay at the organization. Good stable of experienced and smart co-workers that you can rely on for help when needed.

Cons

Executive leadership change has started to trickle down through the ranks. Many of the sales and field engineering teams have lost valuable members to other organizations and have been replaced with people from much larger organizations that have never sold in the space before. As such the culture is starting to change from a nimble, small company feel towards larger organization buried in process and culture of big companies like IBM, CA, and HP.

Advice to Management

Compensate teams appropriately. Stop the nepotism that is starting to run rampant in the field sales organizations. Just because you've worked with someone in the past, doesn't mean that they are qualified to in this space!