Imperva Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Imperva President & CEO Anthony Bettencourt
Anthony Bettencourt

Pros
  • Many great people make it a good work environment for most (in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits and work environment with many perks (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The growing pains of a growing company puts on a bit of a work load, but I don't know that I really see that as a "CON" (in 5 reviews)

• I have been year for just over a year, and the company is growing and evolving (in 3 reviews)

"The Truth"

Former Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Normal tech benefits, some good staff still left after the mass exodus of late 2015 and early 2016, newly renovated building, and solid security product.

Cons

After 2015 when the company was heading in the perfect direction in every aspect to grow to where the CEO predicted with a positive attitude. All the A players (excellent management, top performers, and support staff) left the company due to office politics and a sudden change in a few executive board member coming/leaving. 2015 seemed like the C and D even F players (Sales/Sales Engineers Management Specifically) took over the "Zoo" and stripped the soul of the company (employee's working there 5-15 years left or were forced to leave). Performance doesn't matter, management's attitude is not good, rumors of being sold (look in the news for Imperva), allowing poor performers to stay, and no allegiances to employee's. All the company fun events that gave you energy to work there stopped immediately.

Advice to Management

I don't know where to start, but just because you are good at being an individual contributor does not mean you'll be a good leader.

Jan 20, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Like with many fast moving technology companies, change and reorganizations are inevitable. Imperva’s performance is driven by our employees and is very important to us. Thank you for the input on ... More

"Incapsula's sales leaders are garbage."

Current Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Great technology in security. Smart coworkers. Great office location in RWS.

Cons

Incapsula's sales leaders are garbage. They don't know anything about the industry or technology. They promote idiots to manager and team leads in sales and renewals.

Advice to Management

Nice to see that there is a new VP of Sales in the US. Next steps is to replace sales management below.

"Incapsula: Sales Management = Bad Cheerleaders..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Incapsula is the best in terms of security... Industry leader for cloud WAF & DDoS protection.
    Nice office in Redwood Shores. There's a great walking trail nearby and a gym next door.
    Kitchen is stocked with snacks, coffee and sodas. Free beagles, pastries and fruits on Fridays.
    The office is remodeling into open desks with no wall cubical working space with a startup look and feel.

Cons

The sales management and team leads are idiots that only care about themselves. They work the system and manipulate the sales employees to maintain power and control. They are bad people. Run!

Sales management does not know anything about the technology... really sad to see them work so hard to appear smart by raising voice, throwing yelling fits, glaring down at everyone, stalking people and gossiping behind their backs. Sales management are idiots and everyone knows it. They have no skills to lead a sales team. The way they talk and stare at people around the office is disgusting. How many strikes and complaints do they have for HR violations already?! Sales management contributes nothing to the sales team.

Simply put... Sales management are just angry cheerleaders that makes life difficult for everyone. Terrible leaders.

Advice to Management

Replace sales management with real sales leaders! We don't need angry cheerleaders!

"RSM"

Current Employee - RSM
    Current Employee - RSM

I have been working at Imperva (More than a year)

Pros

DAM product good, WAF still relevant

Cons

Terrible culture and politics. This isn't a happy place. Fighting for accounts, CRO absent of and real leadership. High ranking VPs shaking their heads while the reps suffer. Stock is down $45 dollars per share and the fat lady is warming her vocals.

Advice to Management

sell while you still can, you have been discovered.

Apr 4, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to post. We wish you the best in your new endeavors.

"Cash Your Stock Options and Run"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Stock has soared and continues to do so.

Cons

Management has zero respect for sales people and they are completely disingenuous. Most of the products are completely irrelevant.

Advice to Management

What goes around comes around.

"Shortest job in a long career. And that"

Pros

Salary is average with industry.

Cons

Company has problems with sales and engineers. Can't keep them. Change at the CEO/Sr. Management level may help, but causes more confusion about the company, which may not be good. Popular rumor is the company is being setup to be sold.

"Exit, stage left"

I worked at Imperva full-time

Pros

Good products but when put to the test performance & scalability become issues. Numerous accounts have performance and upgrade issues. Support is good but as with any company it relies too much on email.

Cons

Slave to the machine. Middle management believes company first regardless of hour and/or day. Being an Israel company you are dealing with R&D and others that are 10 hours ahead of you so you're often taxed with early morning calls and late evenings. The work environment also dictates an on-call mentality regardless of the issue at hand.

Shlomo has brought in a new CEO to replace him and you can see the writing on the wall. The new CEO is bringing in his own team and the long tenured senior mgmt folks are either being shown the door or are looking for the exit signs.

Advice to Management

Yes, rip out the middle layer.

"Going down........"

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

could not think of one!

Cons

With a major shareholder civil law suite against the company (Don't believe me, google imperva law suite), CEO out, stocks down , major talents jumping the ship, the company is at down fall and will be sold soon.
    whether company will survive or not , now is not a good time for any body to join the sinking ship.

Nov 7, 2014 – President & CEO

Thank you for your note. It is unfortunate that you do not see the company as an exciting organization with a growing future. As you may have noticed from our recently released Q3 Financial ... More

"Awful"

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None! Paycheck perhaps. Don't believe the four star reviews. All done by internal staff and sales people trying to portray the place as some thing that is not! unless you are desperate for a paycheck stay away from this place.

Cons

Too many: poor and incompetent management, high turn over, vital staff located overseas, outdated and old technology. How they get away selling this outdated software full of bugs and problems is beyond me! Can't wait to get out myself.

Oct 22, 2014 – President & CEO

Thank you for your comments and criticism. I am sorry that your experience at Imperva has been so negative. It is important that employees are excited and motivated about the company and their own ... More

"Terrible Environment"

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Not sure there are any except that it's a job at a company. If you need a job and have no other prospects...then ok, work here. I used to believe in the product but we've been having hard times with product sales so maybe a positive is that we'll likely get bought in the future. Who knows.

Cons

There are so many cons.... Look elsewhere. Fear-based culture. High turnover. Nasty, micromanaging VPs. CEO is mostly in Israel and this ship is run by VPs that manage by undermining. Makes for a dysfunctional environment.

Advice to Management

What goes around comes around. People have long memories in the Valley and you never know when today's direct report will move on to become someone that will return the favor.