Imperva Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 23, 2017

1.0
Chris Hylen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits and work environment with many perks (in 12 reviews)

• Great people and direct management is great (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The growing pains of a growing company puts on a bit of a work load, but I don't know that I really see that as a "CON" (in 5 reviews)

• I have been year for just over a year, and the company is growing and evolving (in 3 reviews)

"Run for the hills"

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Kitchen with stocked food

Cons

Like walking into a morgue everyday. No personality, no energy. no team culture-environment.

"LOL!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you are at the Director level or higher.

Cons

Not in touch with reality, rabid nepotism, the products are crazy glued together, the goal is keep wall street happy, tremendous turnover, too many things to list.

Advice to Management

get a clue

"Rsm"

Current Employee - RSM in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - RSM in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Cyber is relevant, impv becoming less so evidenced by their stock performance ever since Bettencourt joined

Cons

CRO is awful and rampant nepotism. CEO lives on a different planet.

Advice to Management

Replace CRO; can't hold a conversation or look you in the eye. No one will take him on a legit sales call

"Management has egos - and nothing else."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- lots of opportunity to take on new roles, wear new hats, and do more things.
    - general employee population is nice, not backstabbing etc and willing to help one another
    - opportunity to grow in your field and take on projects with other groups...if liked

Cons

- management is insecure; the second they feel you have an idea better than theirs (even if it results in improvement/more efficiency, you will be shunned
    - low comp compared to other orgs
    - management does not appreciate hard workers - do your work and get out is my recommendation. going above and beyond is not rewarded.

Advice to Management

- realize where you stand in the market and then get over yourselves! you could do so much more if you stopped clocking employees in/out and gave them meaningful opportunities to DO something. reward talent and merit - get rid of the incestuous promotion that happens with israeli employees and no one else.

Jul 25, 2017 – SVP of People

Our goal at Imperva is never to limit our employees’ passion; we are committed to growing our teams internally.

""Difficult place to work, Stay Away""

Former Employee - Technical Support in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Product, Good Health Insurance and Good food in the break room .

Cons

Management has zero respect to employees, very rude and careless talk.

May 10, 2017 – SVP of People

We want our employees to be motivated and happy. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Our customers have indicated that they highly regard our support and services... More

"The Truth"

Former Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Normal tech benefits, some good staff still left after the mass exodus of late 2015 and early 2016, newly renovated building, and solid security product.

Cons

After 2015 when the company was heading in the perfect direction in every aspect to grow to where the CEO predicted with a positive attitude. All the A players (excellent management, top performers, and support staff) left the company due to office politics and a sudden change in a few executive board member coming/leaving. 2015 seemed like the C and D even F players (Sales/Sales Engineers Management Specifically) took over the "Zoo" and stripped the soul of the company (employee's working there 5-15 years left or were forced to leave). Performance doesn't matter, management's attitude is not good, rumors of being sold (look in the news for Imperva), allowing poor performers to stay, and no allegiances to employee's. All the company fun events that gave you energy to work there stopped immediately.

Advice to Management

I don't know where to start, but just because you are good at being an individual contributor does not mean you'll be a good leader.

Jan 20, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Like with many fast moving technology companies, change and reorganizations are inevitable. Imperva’s performance is driven by our employees and is very important to us. Thank you for the input on... More

"Incapsula's sales leaders are garbage."

Current Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Great technology in security. Smart coworkers. Great office location in RWS.

Cons

Incapsula's sales leaders are garbage. They don't know anything about the industry or technology. They promote idiots to manager and team leads in sales and renewals.

Advice to Management

Nice to see that there is a new VP of Sales in the US. Next steps is to replace sales management below.

"Incapsula: Sales Management = Bad Cheerleaders..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Incapsula is the best in terms of security... Industry leader for cloud WAF & DDoS protection.
    Nice office in Redwood Shores. There's a great walking trail nearby and a gym next door.
    Kitchen is stocked with snacks, coffee and sodas. Free beagles, pastries and fruits on Fridays.
    The office is remodeling into open desks with no wall cubical working space with a startup look and feel.

Cons

The sales management and team leads are idiots that only care about themselves. They work the system and manipulate the sales employees to maintain power and control. They are bad people. Run!

Sales management does not know anything about the technology... really sad to see them work so hard to appear smart by raising voice, throwing yelling fits, glaring down at everyone, stalking people and gossiping behind their backs. Sales management are idiots and everyone knows it. They have no skills to lead a sales team. The way they talk and stare at people around the office is disgusting. How many strikes and complaints do they have for HR violations already?! Sales management contributes nothing to the sales team.

Simply put... Sales management are just angry cheerleaders that makes life difficult for everyone. Terrible leaders.

Advice to Management

Replace sales management with real sales leaders! We don't need angry cheerleaders!

"RSM"

Current Employee - RSM
    Current Employee - RSM

I have been working at Imperva (More than a year)

Pros

DAM product good, WAF still relevant

Cons

Terrible culture and politics. This isn't a happy place. Fighting for accounts, CRO absent of and real leadership. High ranking VPs shaking their heads while the reps suffer. Stock is down $45 dollars per share and the fat lady is warming her vocals.

Advice to Management

sell while you still can, you have been discovered.

Apr 4, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to post. We wish you the best in your new endeavors.

"Cash Your Stock Options and Run"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Stock has soared and continues to do so.

Cons

Management has zero respect for sales people and they are completely disingenuous. Most of the products are completely irrelevant.

Advice to Management

What goes around comes around.