Imperva Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Imperva President & CEO Anthony Bettencourt
Anthony Bettencourt

Pros
  • Many great people make it a good work environment for most (in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits and work environment with many perks (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The growing pains of a growing company puts on a bit of a work load, but I don't know that I really see that as a "CON" (in 5 reviews)

• I have been year for just over a year, and the company is growing and evolving (in 3 reviews)

"Marketing"

I worked at Imperva full-time

Pros

Great people. Great products. Smart workers throughout the company.

Cons

Incompetent senior management. Obviously looking to sell the company. Mismanaged the company into the ground to the point many great people were let go overnight without notice. Culture lacks energy. Unstable environment. The workplace looks and feels like a morgue. Only take a job as a last resort.

Advice to Management

Get rid of AB. He's incompetent

Jan 20, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

As with all reviews, we appreciate the feedback. We are pleased, and also agree that the people and products are important. We are always striving to move the company in a positive and healthy ... More

"Sales Tanking, Employee bonuses sacked"

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Products are okay. Some good people left

Cons

Top management looking to max out their compensation on the impending sale. Sales is a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Stop telling lies and insulting the intelligence of ur employees

"I work on the Incapsula team and the management is awful. We keep losing our sales team bc of management. Miserable!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva (More than a year)

Pros

The members of our sales team are wonderful and brilliant people. Too bad we keep losing them.

Cons

The management is awful. They promote people that have ZERO leadership experience and make them team leads. They are big on managing the sales team with fear. We have already lost half out sales team because of this and the upper management does nothing to fix this huge problem. We continue to hire new reps only for them to quit a couple months later. It's truly a revolving door here. All the current reps are looking for new jobs.

Advice to Management

Take a deeper look at the big problem.... it's the management and team leads. You will keep losing awesome sales reps bc of the way we are being treated.

"Sales"

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good web and database product. Cloud offerings for waf and app protection are good, but not known in the marketplace. AVP's that were here when old guard ran the company are good. Good respect in the partner community.

Cons

CEO isn't trustworthy at all and is very insecure. Your staff is not impressed with who you know in Hollywood or the music industry. The people he has hired aren't much better. They are all his cronies from his past jobs, most aren't qualified to run anything. The sales reps/management that he has brought on are immune to firing for lack of performance.

Inside sales and lead gen is a joke and most leave for better jobs.

Internal processes

Advice to Management

Sell the company. We all know that's your end-game anyway.

"Job"

Current Employee - Sales Operation in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Operation in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was a tight family type place..we all would hang out. Past year so much change and no focus on workers

Cons

no one cares..exec's all hire family and own friends. Of course everyone gives great reviews...they all are new! CEO came in cleaned house..totally changed the vibe.

Advice to Management

really hear your employees. Growing is great but not at the cost of the people who worked hard to get you there. Just sell the company...we all know that is the goal for 2yrs now.

Apr 4, 2016 – Human Resources

The execs and management highly value employee feedback – please know management and HR are here to support and collaborate with you to ensure Imperva continues to be an excellent place to work.

"Marketing"

Pros

It was a great place with people who worked well as a team. Everyone worked hard and it was exciting to come to work each day. The industry is exciting as well as the products are excellent.

Cons

Upper management changed and the general feel of the company became tense. One manager has had more than 10 people leave her dept voluntarily. The atmosphere is tense and, despite the rising stock price, many people are unhappy.

Advice to Management

Hang on the remaining people. Listen to their concerns and work to make the company great once again. A company is more than just its stock price.

Oct 6, 2015 – Head of HR

The Company is pleased with its management hires. Change can be difficult thus we will continue to solicit people’s feedback, listen to concerns, and continue to try and create a positive experience ... More

"Run from this sales management team!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Technology is great
    Vision is good
    Execution is good
    Marketing is good

Cons

Corporate management is arrogant and ruthless to employees and clients alike
    Incapsula team support organization are arrogant and condescending
    Sales management under Mike Mooney is draconian and manages personnel to the lowest common denominator

Advice to Management

It's not "all about the numbers," it takes good people to make a company work well as a team - saying that you've made a management transition without substantive turnover is hugely premature given that those stakeholders with options are now (May 2015) cashing out and leaving.

Don't hire failed yes men as second level and first level sales managers who have no other skills than to be prescriptive (wheres the numbers, whats the plan to get there) vs. positive, supportive coaches.

Oct 6, 2015 – Head of HR

We are disappointed to hear that your experience hasn’t met your expectations. We appreciate your feedback.

"Leadership/ Management Problems"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Imperva is the best when it comes to Data Security. It is a pleasure working with a great team.

Cons

The morale of the team is pretty low mainly because management especially the Dir of Inside Sales all the way down to the sales managers have know idea how to inspire, motivate and coach the team.

Advice to Management

Attend Leadership and Management classes. You cant lead a team if all you do is stay in your room.

"From Fabulous to FLOP"

Former Employee - Senior Management in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great space, good product. Fair compensation and work-life balance in my role (not engineering). Those coming into Imperva now will be fine so long as they are brought in by or through the extended network of new CEO. The stock price will continue to rise for the next couple quarters. Some of the issues resulting from poor IT leadership, finance and legal are likely to be cleared up by new management.

Cons

Most concerning, the CEO and new executive staff lack integrity. To say Anthony Bettencourt is disingenuous is being generous. My advice, don't listen to what they say, their ACTIONS speak louder than their words. Sales employees are poorly compensated (I am not in sales), HR is a mess-poor decisions, short sighted, lack experience. IT, legal and others make doing business difficult.

Advice to Management

I don';t believe management is open to or will seriously consider advice, so I won't waste my breath.

"Timberrrrrrrrr"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great food in the break room on a daily basis. very hard working team with smart engineers who make a good product that the market doesn't understand.

Cons

New management team replacing Kramir are complete tools and every senior engineer is looking for a job. the ceo conference calls are a comedy show meant to inspire but have most wondering how this was the best we could do. Every senior product engineer in the company is interviewing and leaving the company for another Valley opportunity. I work in office everyday, and its septic. People smile, go back to cubes, and continue their paid job search on company time.

Advice to Management

CEO over his head, sell now and save yourself another failure of being forced to sell cause you are proven incompetent again. my friend worked with ceo at nother company and says this cat tries and is nice but not talented enough to deliver.

Nov 5, 2014 – Head of HR

Thank you for taking your time to provide input. I agree that we have great employees who are producing a world class product. Our number one goal is to retain our top talent and to add more of the ... More