Imperva Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Imperva President & CEO Anthony Bettencourt
Anthony Bettencourt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits and work environment with many perks (in 12 reviews)

• An interesting and a very good product in a world with an ever-growing demand for such services (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The growing pains of a growing company puts on a bit of a work load, but I don't know that I really see that as a "CON" (in 5 reviews)

• I have been year for just over a year, and the company is growing and evolving (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast paced environment with a 'write your own path' possibility."

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a HOT market. What we do is relevant in todays current events around the globe and being at the center of it is exciting, educational and intellectually challenging. You really can write your own path through Imperva. Want to expand your role? just work towards it! Want to put in your time and then try out something on the other side of company?.. Prove your worth and you will be supported. Lots of opportunity here.

Cons

There is always a "next thing". If you are waiting for your current challenge to be over so you can rest on your laurels for a while, this is not the job for you. Once you get up on this technology treadmill, you better be ready to hit "10" and keep running until you drop ;-) But that is what I like. It is what keeps me coming to work everyday!

Advice to Management

Over communicate and keep providing great opportunities for your employees. Its a great team with lots of spirit and drive. Keep recognizing them and they will keep working hard to make this company drive forward in top gear..

2. "Opportunities Abound, For Those Ready to Grow"

Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helpful management that is willing to mentor and grow hard-working professionals who've made career shifts. Positive work environment and accountable management. Solutions and product that are worth standing behind. I appreciate the diversity of backgrounds that my coworkers have come from. It makes for a far more interesting, energetic team to contribute towards.

Cons

Market uncertainty has made for some challenging quarters, but ultimately the workforce at Imperva makes it worth it. The commute is exhausting coming from the East Bay.

Advice to Management

Continue to value those who value the company and exhibit loyalty. Maybe allow more telecommunicating for some in roles where appropriate.

Jul 25, 2017 – SVP of People

We are thrilled you are enjoying your Team, Management and your role. Traffic patterns are brutal, please discuss with your manager options that may help alleviate some of your commute time.

"My experience at Imperva Incapsula"

Current Employee - Director, Product Management in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Product Management in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Feels like a startup without the risk and crazy hours, being part of a huge success, small team having a huge impact, great culture, amazing team, very interesting technology

Cons

Duality of a small company that was acquired by a larger company, a distributed team(Israel/US), the stock has seen better times

Advice to Management

Maintain the great culture of the Incapsula team to keep this a place that's great to work at

4. "Vital Tech / Hard Work Recognized"

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The technology is superior and benefits the greater good. You work hard, stay on task, and it does get recognized, which in my career has been hard to come by. Management really takes an effort to lead, motivate, keep engaged, and make sure you have all of the tools needed to succeed. It provides high value when I'm lead and not micro managed.

Cons

Imperva has been in hyper growth mode within the last year, which always involves growing pains. Although, this does seem to be unavoidable when you have several product lines that are highly needed in numerous industry sectors.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Stay communicated and proactive in guiding your team to success. Keep up the morale and collaboration and maintain the noticed effort of your top employees.

5. "G&A"

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products, strong market demand, dedicated team across the globe.

Cons

Not much negative to say. Great opportunities here.

6. "Great place to work!"

Pros

Management is great. Fun place to work and good company to work for. People say that you pick the boss you want to work for and not just the job, and these are definitely people you would want to work for. There is always something to learn on the job and everyone is willing to learn as well as teach - it makes the job have value.

Cons

I have been year for just over a year, and the company is growing and evolving. The growing pains of a growing company puts on a bit of a work load, but I don't know that I really see that as a "CON"

Advice to Management

I think management is doing an awesome job! This has been the best job I've had in a long time. There are approachable, are willing to listen, and understanding. They definitely give importance to their employees.

7. "Excellent Technology, Serving a Real Need"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment, no boring days. Product is in Gartner's "Magic Quadrant" which provides for a solid and respected technology base. A lot of freedom to grow, make a difference and add value at all levels.

Cons

As expected, some of the tools & systems will need to be updated to align with growth.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and remain nimble as our market is dynamic.

8. "Contracts/ Legal"

Pros

Industry-leading products
    Great working environment; great management and people
    Dedicated and driven teams who are passionate about the company's success
    Minimal bureaucracy and politics

Cons

Salary concerns; work-life balance concerns

Advice to Management

A great management team- continue to instill the drive for success and growth in the various teams

"Good people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good people
    - Not much if any office politics
    - Easy to do business

Cons

- Compensation on the low side when compared to other, larger cyber security companies

Advice to Management

- Keep your A+ employees happy

Apr 4, 2016 – Human Resources

We wish you the best. Thank you for the candid feedback.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

Great people and great company

Cons

Nothing bad to say about Imperva, great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep on growing and striving for greatness

Apr 4, 2016 – Human Resources

Thanks for your positivity and confidence in Imperva.