Imperva Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Imperva President & CEO Anthony Bettencourt
Anthony Bettencourt

Pros
  • Good benefits and work environment with many perks (in 11 reviews)

• Great people and direct management is great (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The growing pains of a growing company puts on a bit of a work load, but I don't know that I really see that as a "CON" (in 5 reviews)

• I have been year for just over a year, and the company is growing and evolving (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast paced environment with a 'write your own path' possibility."

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a HOT market. What we do is relevant in todays current events around the globe and being at the center of it is exciting, educational and intellectually challenging. You really can write your own path through Imperva. Want to expand your role? just work towards it! Want to put in your time and then try out something on the other side of company?.. Prove your worth and you will be supported. Lots of opportunity here.

Cons

There is always a "next thing". If you are waiting for your current challenge to be over so you can rest on your laurels for a while, this is not the job for you. Once you get up on this technology treadmill, you better be ready to hit "10" and keep running until you drop ;-) But that is what I like. It is what keeps me coming to work everyday!

Advice to Management

Over communicate and keep providing great opportunities for your employees. Its a great team with lots of spirit and drive. Keep recognizing them and they will keep working hard to make this company drive forward in top gear..

"employee review"

Current Employee - Confidential in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Confidential in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Imperva has an environment where hard work and effort is part of the culture. Working in previous environments where existing seems to be the status quo it is refreshing to see everyone willing to put in the extra effort to accomplish a goal. The company is not afraid to make changes to senior leadership which has produced an extremely capable and experienced group of executives to lead Imperva.

Cons

if a person does not like to work hard and put in extra effort I would look for another opportunity for employment.

Advice to Management

n/a

"Growing Market Opportunity, Established Leadership, Competence in the DNA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at companies with strong management teams, and I've worked at companies that had an exciting and growing market opportunity. At Imperva there is both, which is hard to find. I wake up in the morning wanting to engage in my work, and for the most part like people throughout most parts of the company.

Cons

We work hard here - most weeks I enjoy it - this is not a place to coast or hide out.

Advice to Management

As we grow keep holding each team accountable for performance and core competency as has been done in the past - even as the skills mix of leaders may shift to those with experience running larger teams.

"Great company, very professional team, yet fun. Excellent culture that promotes-from-within"

Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well run, good people, professional management team. The company has a get-things-done culture, focused on performance and a team effort to drive results. I've been promoted internally, and that seems to be a general pattern: if there are good candidates internally, they are given the opportunity to advance their career.

I have worked at large and small companies, and when it comes to Sales, Marketing, Services and R&D, I find NONE of the tensions and rivalries I have experienced at other companies. That is refreshing. People pull together to get things done and solve problems, not point fingers. Also, relatively speaking, I find almost no politics to speak of, which is also a welcome change from other companies.

Cons

Coordination and communication can be challenging with a globally dispersed team, but that seems to work pretty well.

6. "Great, fast-growing security company"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at Imperva for over six years and I've seen it mature from a start-up to a successful, publicly traded company. Despite this growth, though, Imperva has maintained the same culture and focus that initially drew me to the company.

Pros include:
    1. Talented and motivated employees - everyone I work with is great. There's no back-stabbing or office politics.
    2. Long term vision - it is more fun to work at a company that meets its numbers quarter after quarter. Imperva's management team has the vision to make sure that we succeed.
    3. Reasonable work load - while everyone needs to contribute, Imperva is not a pressure cooker. Employees can maintain work-life balance (if they turn off their smartphones when they leave the office).

Cons

1. Lack of food options in Redwood Shores. I've had enough Specialties for two lifetimes.
    2. Rather long commute for me.
    3. Very little company gossip. No crazy stories or long-buried secrets.

Advice to Management

Stay cool.

"Good Company on the Path to Growth"

Current Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Imperva has been like working for a start-up. There's constant change and if you're not a person who likes change then this is probably not where you should be. The atmosphere has always felt like family here; especially within individuals in my own department. I've met some incredibly wonderful and talented people here. I also love working for a company who prides themselves on producing quality products and are leaders in their space. Although, I don't know what the future holds for me here, I will always remember Imperva fondly for everything I've learned and the wonderful people who have helped me along the way.

Cons

2014 was a year of change.... A lot of change. For many, too much change. I would welcome being able to work from home a couple of days a week so as not to get into the daily grind of commuting 23 miles one-way. Other then the fact that they've always done it this way, there's no reason not to let us work remotely a couple days a week.

Advice to Management

Too much change in such a short time can bring on anxiety and discord. Let's make sure we're doing one thing right before we move on to the next thing. Also, please consider letting some of us work from home a couple days a week like many companies are doing to make it easier for their employees to stay. Otherwise, I guarantee you'll probably lose some good talent.

8. "On the up and up"

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company and even better product. Company is making huge strides to correct some of the issues that have plagued it in previous years. New management is making some difficult but very necessary changes to help drive revenue.

Cons

Not the most exciting office environment. Previously there hasn't been much communication from senior management.

Advice to Management

Keep up top-down communication and bringing in great leadership.

Nov 13, 2014 – Head of HR

Thanks for your input! I agree that Imperva is a great place to be with outstanding products and people. I also appreciate your enthusiasm for the recent additions to our truly exceptional ... More

9. "Good"

Former Employee - Administrative in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work at!

Cons

Nothing bad to say, everything was really nice!

Advice to Management

None

Jan 15, 2015 – Head of HR

Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate receiving any/all comments, concerns, and suggestions. Imperva is a great place to work--we have an excellent product, smart and hard-working people, a ... More

"Great company, Cool Product, Fabulous people."

Pros

Incapsula has a great product and competes in an exciting market. The team is largely assembled of Rock-stars so there are ample opportunities to learn, both from management and co-workers. The environment is fast paced, and fun, making coming to work a blast.

Cons

Redwood Shores is a less than ideal place for the office, it is neither in the city, nor in the valley.

Oct 6, 2015 – Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to post.

"Exciting expansion!"

Current Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The overall energy and momentum of the company is very high with both Imperva and Incapsula businesses rating #1 with Gartner and Forrester recent reports. Renewed positive energy with the Incapsula team especially with strong expansion and hiring efforts. A rare opportunity to work for the leader in WAF AND Cloud WAF/DDoS in one of the hottest spaces in the Valley!

Cons

The usual growing pains of a hyper-growth company pushing hard to get to the next level.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!