Imperva Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Imperva President & CEO Anthony Bettencourt
Anthony Bettencourt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits and work environment with many perks (in 12 reviews)

• An interesting and a very good product in a world with an ever-growing demand for such services (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The growing pains of a growing company puts on a bit of a work load, but I don't know that I really see that as a "CON" (in 5 reviews)

• I have been year for just over a year, and the company is growing and evolving (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast paced environment with a 'write your own path' possibility."

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a HOT market. What we do is relevant in todays current events around the globe and being at the center of it is exciting, educational and intellectually challenging. You really can write your own path through Imperva. Want to expand your role? just work towards it! Want to put in your time and then try out something on the other side of company?.. Prove your worth and you will be supported. Lots of opportunity here.

Cons

There is always a "next thing". If you are waiting for your current challenge to be over so you can rest on your laurels for a while, this is not the job for you. Once you get up on this technology treadmill, you better be ready to hit "10" and keep running until you drop ;-) But that is what I like. It is what keeps me coming to work everyday!

Advice to Management

Over communicate and keep providing great opportunities for your employees. Its a great team with lots of spirit and drive. Keep recognizing them and they will keep working hard to make this company drive forward in top gear..

2. "Nice perks and people"

I worked at Imperva full-time

Pros

The perks, company culture, great people

Cons

complicated code base, hard to maintain and add features

3. "Great!"

I worked at Imperva full-time

Pros

Extremely friendly staff
    Amazing and personable executives
    Beautiful and safe area

Cons

Some (very, very few) managers are rude and inattentive.
    Expect to know everything within a week; or else.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees with patience and genuine understanding

4. "It had its ups and downs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience building job skills, senior management and guidance was excellent, and the job was fast pace and interesting to keep your attention. It was a great introductory company into the security space. I felt like I knew most of the company and mostly everyone's heart was in the right place.

Cons

Some of the perks weren't all that ... perky: Eat Club meals were meh but it's free food, kitchen was somewhat stocked with limited junkfood snacks and drinks, and there weren't a lot of other benefits. Unlimited PTO was nice but wasn't really used as much as it could've been due to work/life balance issues.

Advice to Management

Focus on building on your employee's talents and maintaining who you already have. Do not waste talent on menial tasks.

5. "mangment"

Pros

very friendly and nice people

Cons

to much pressure to work with

"Management has egos - and nothing else."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- lots of opportunity to take on new roles, wear new hats, and do more things.
    - general employee population is nice, not backstabbing etc and willing to help one another
    - opportunity to grow in your field and take on projects with other groups...if liked

Cons

- management is insecure; the second they feel you have an idea better than theirs (even if it results in improvement/more efficiency, you will be shunned
    - low comp compared to other orgs
    - management does not appreciate hard workers - do your work and get out is my recommendation. going above and beyond is not rewarded.

Advice to Management

- realize where you stand in the market and then get over yourselves! you could do so much more if you stopped clocking employees in/out and gave them meaningful opportunities to DO something. reward talent and merit - get rid of the incestuous promotion that happens with israeli employees and no one else.

7. "product manager"

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

fast growing technology and fun

Cons

small place which doesn't have a lot of opportunities to grow

8. "Challenging but Rewarding"

Current Employee - Web Content Writer
    Current Employee - Web Content Writer

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

I've been working in the marketing department at Imperva for more than a year. The pros of my experience so far include:

Colleagues/management - I didn't know the first thing about cyber security when I began. Everyone here was patient and ready to work with me as I learned the ropes.

Atmosphere - The company really knows how to treat their employees. Lots of company events, good food, very helpful HR team. There is definitely a "family" atmosphere here-everyone knows everyone.

Flexibility - I'm able to work from home when I need to, and I've never had any issue taking sick leave or vacation.

Room for growth - I'm consistently taking on new responsibilities and my salary has increased as a result.

Cons

For anyone who doesn't have experience with cyber security, the material can be very dry and complicated. While you'll definitely have the help you need, it takes a lot of discipline and patience to wrap your head around the more technical concepts.

9. "imperva"

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

fun people, flexible hours, lots of extracurricular activities

Cons

old tech, bureaucracy, very corporate

Advice to Management

simplify bureaucracy, empower workers

10. "Opportunities Abound, For Those Ready to Grow"

Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helpful management that is willing to mentor and grow hard-working professionals who've made career shifts. Positive work environment and accountable management. Solutions and product that are worth standing behind. I appreciate the diversity of backgrounds that my coworkers have come from. It makes for a far more interesting, energetic team to contribute towards.

Cons

Market uncertainty has made for some challenging quarters, but ultimately the workforce at Imperva makes it worth it. The commute is exhausting coming from the East Bay.

Advice to Management

Continue to value those who value the company and exhibit loyalty. Maybe allow more telecommunicating for some in roles where appropriate.