Imperva Reviews | Glassdoor

Imperva Reviews

Updated February 10, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Many great people make it a good work environment for most (in 10 reviews)

• Good benefits and work environment with many perks (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The growing pains of a growing company puts on a bit of a work load, but I don't know that I really see that as a "CON" (in 5 reviews)

• I have been year for just over a year, and the company is growing and evolving (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Pros

Management is great. Fun place to work and good company to work for. People say that you pick the boss you want to work for and not just the job, and these are definitely people you would want to work for. There is always something to learn on the job and everyone is willing to learn as well as teach - it makes the job have value.

Cons

I have been year for just over a year, and the company is growing and evolving. The growing pains of a growing company puts on a bit of a work load, but I don't know that I really see that as a "CON"

Advice to Management

I think management is doing an awesome job! This has been the best job I've had in a long time. There are approachable, are willing to listen, and understanding. They definitely give importance to their employees.

2. "Excellent Technology, Serving a Real Need"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment, no boring days. Product is in Gartner's "Magic Quadrant" which provides for a solid and respected technology base. A lot of freedom to grow, make a difference and add value at all levels.

Cons

As expected, some of the tools & systems will need to be updated to align with growth.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and remain nimble as our market is dynamic.

3. "Great company with room for improvement"

Current Employee - Security Operations Engineer in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Security Operations Engineer in Irving, TX

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent collaboration across teams. Very strong product line and position in the industry. Proactive management. Huge improvements/expansion in services and support.

Cons

Has been expanding perhaps too quickly. As you can see from the other reviews there seem to be issues with Sales.

Advice to Management

Keep focus on long term, steady growth and stabilizing sales and the product line.

5. "Channel Manager"

Former Employee - Channel Manager
    Former Employee - Channel Manager

I worked at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good products, solutions and story

Cons

Senior management is flaky and erratic. Sales structure is disjointed.

"Sales Tanking, Employee bonuses sacked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Products are okay. Some good people left

Cons

Top management looking to max out their compensation on the impending sale. Sales is a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Stop telling lies and insulting the intelligence of ur employees

"I work on the Incapsula team and the management is awful. We keep losing our sales team bc of management. Miserable!!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva (More than a year)

Pros

The members of our sales team are wonderful and brilliant people. Too bad we keep losing them.

Cons

The management is awful. They promote people that have ZERO leadership experience and make them team leads. They are big on managing the sales team with fear. We have already lost half out sales team because of this and the upper management does nothing to fix this huge problem. We continue to hire new reps only for them to quit a couple months later. It's truly a revolving door here. All the current reps are looking for new jobs.

Advice to Management

Take a deeper look at the big problem.... it's the management and team leads. You will keep losing awesome sales reps bc of the way we are being treated.

"Incapsula's sales leaders are garbage."

Current Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Great technology in security. Smart coworkers. Great office location in RWS.

Cons

Incapsula's sales leaders are garbage. They don't know anything about the industry or technology. They promote idiots to manager and team leads in sales and renewals.

Advice to Management

Nice to see that there is a new VP of Sales in the US. Next steps is to replace sales management below.

"Incapsula: Sales Management = Bad Cheerleaders..."

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Incapsula is the best in terms of security... Industry leader for cloud WAF & DDoS protection.
    Nice office in Redwood Shores. There's a great walking trail nearby and a gym next door.
    Kitchen is stocked with snacks, coffee and sodas. Free beagles, pastries and fruits on Fridays.
    The office is remodeling into open desks with no wall cubical working space with a startup look and feel.

Cons

The sales management and team leads are idiots that only care about themselves. They work the system and manipulate the sales employees to maintain power and control. They are bad people. Run!

Sales management does not know anything about the technology... really sad to see them work so hard to appear smart by raising voice, throwing yelling fits, glaring down at everyone, stalking people and gossiping behind their backs. Sales management are idiots and everyone knows it. They have no skills to lead a sales team. The way they talk and stare at people around the office is disgusting. How many strikes and complaints do they have for HR violations already?! Sales management contributes nothing to the sales team.

Simply put... Sales management are just angry cheerleaders that makes life difficult for everyone. Terrible leaders.

Advice to Management

Replace sales management with real sales leaders! We don't need angry cheerleaders!

"2015"

I worked at Imperva full-time

Pros

Imperva was very open to allowing individuals to take on projects and responsibility without bureaucracy. This served the company well.

Cons

There were too many chiefs getting hired towards the end. It was becoming a case of the haves and the have nots within management.

"Good people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good people
    - Not much if any office politics
    - Easy to do business

Cons

- Compensation on the low side when compared to other, larger cyber security companies

Advice to Management

- Keep your A+ employees happy

Imperva Response

Apr 4, 2016 – Human Resources

We wish you the best. Thank you for the candid feedback.