Impinj Reviews

Updated Mar 1, 2021

4.1
Impinj CEO Chris Diorio (no image)
Chris Diorio
Pros
  • "The work/life balance is also very nice here(in 9 reviews)

• "Many challenges to solve with tech adoption and a growing expanding demand for rfid(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "company undergoing growing pains, but positive future outlook(in 8 reviews)

• "seriously, there are some pure geniuses there that have pioneered RF and the RFID industry(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Small company, big global impact

Feb 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity to have an impact, strong leadership, super talented and kind colleagues, being surrounded by groundbreaking innovation and technology that's solving global challenges

Cons

It's a growing company - while not necessarily a con, comfort with evolution and change is key

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Engaging, Supportive, Great Place to Work

Mar 1, 2021 - G&A Role in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Engaged and Transparent Leadership Team with open door policy, if you have a question, ask them! -Fast paced environment, things are constantly changing and work can be challenging yet rewarding -People are amazing. Smart and talented team. People want to get to know you. -Even with remote work with COVID, team has done a great job to continue to engage and include all employees -Amazing technology opportunity...the world really is our oyster -Large focus on diversity and inclusion this year -Room for career growth if you are willing to work with it

Cons

-currently there is no 401k match

3. 4.0

Onboarding in a Pandemic

Feb 4, 2021 - Partner Program Lead in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The consistency is second to none. I have joined companies that over-promise and under-deliver in terms of the career growth and opportunities within the organization. Impinj is not one of those companies. From the interviewing process to onboarding to cross-functional collaboration, I have experienced a refreshing level of consistency for making sure employees are set up for success in their respective roles. To think this level of availability is being displayed during a pandemic, where everyone is adjusting on the fly, is truly amazing You can only feel motivated to maintain a standard of excellence driving the priorities of the organization who cares so much able the individual employees.

Cons

There aren't any so far.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with great people!

Jun 26, 2020 - Communications Advisor in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Fantastic coworkers -Engaged management and executives that are encouraging and helpful. I feel that they're tuned in to the work I'm doing while also still giving me the individual freedom to work on projects on my own. They're always approachable and don't ever make you feel tentative or nervous if you need to ask them a question. -You get a sense that the company leadership really cares about the employees on a personal level. Since COVID started, Impinj has been extremely accommodating, while always doing everything they can to make sure everyone is safe and still has the resources and equipment they need to work remotely. They even sent two cloth masks to every employee. -The CEO takes time every week to address the employees with updates on the business and to answer questions on Bagel Friday (where we also get free bagels). He also takes time every week to meet with individual employees throughout the company to learn more about their experiences at Impinj and get their personal thoughts/ideas on how to make Impinj an even better place to work. -Great office space with plenty of room (and a great location within Seattle) -The company develops innovative, groundbreaking products that have many incredible uses throughout the industry, which makes you feel that the work you're doing here is important.

Cons

-The only real Con is that there's no 401k match yet, but other than that I haven't come across any glaring weaknesses in the company.

5. 5.0

Really Great Place to Work

Feb 4, 2021 - Director of Program Management in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are really easy to work with,. Extremely talented folks. Lots of opportunity to make a difference quickly.

Cons

There is a lot to do.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best companies i worked for

Feb 4, 2021 - Quality Control Specialist in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, unlimited pto, work environment

Cons

No cons, I have seen all good things working for this company

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work, awesome kind people

Jan 14, 2021 - Staff Hardware Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product, new space. Many challenges to solve with tech adoption and a growing expanding demand for rfid Super nice people

Cons

Unclear how growth from within will play out. Pay needs to adjust to current demands of market, which is rapidly changing

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, innovating for the future!

Jan 27, 2021 - Sales Operations Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great Culture -Innovating the future of IoT -People are very welcoming

Cons

-None, I have been at the company a year and I love it

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, great products. Growing immensely!

Apr 8, 2020 - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people work here, very intelligent and fun to be around. Small company that is growing and expanding, on an huge upward trend in all areas of the business, at least from my vantage point. Products are shipping, hiring is at an all time high with positions open in nearly every department.

Cons

Being honest, I have yet to find a down side. I have heard a lot of different things, and have read all the reviews on Glassdoor, even prior to accepting the role I have now here at Impinj. There is always an opportunity to change and do better at every step, and personally I think it boils down to awareness and initiative. I have not been stifled in the least bit, by anyone in my efforts to influence positive change in nearly every aspect of my job scope, and some of these changes have been made in areas not within my scope. The company itself is hungry for leaders, and people to take the lead on anything that is critical and within their reach. Basically, what I am trying to say is a wise man once said "if it is to be, it is up to me." and I think if you adopt that mindset, coupled with collaboration of your peers, you can accomplish nearly anything even changing mindsets and company practices.

10. 5.0

great company

Dec 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A stellar company that truly cares about its employees

Cons

None that I can think of!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Reviews