Impinj "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

Impinj Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Aug 16, 2019

Found 66 reviews

2.7
Chris Diorio
Pros
  • "Good snacks and work life balance(in 7 reviews)

• "Free snacks (both healthy and the not so healthy) and the People, Environment and Culture team(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "company undergoing growing pains, but positive future outlook(in 8 reviews)

• "seriously, there are some pure geniuses there that have pioneered RF and the RFID industry(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"Competitive Pay"

Current Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Impinj full-time

Pros

Pay is competitive with similar stage companies. Benefits are above average

Cons

Company is experiencing growing pains

Advice to Management

Focus

Impinj2019-04-21
  2. "Overall great company. Bright outlook. Currently undergoing some growing pains"

I have been working at Impinj full-time for less than a year

Pros

work life balance is ideal

Cons

company undergoing growing pains, but positive future outlook

Impinj2018-05-04

"Dumping the wrong people"

I have been working at Impinj full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice location, good transit and view.

Cons

During growing pains, company drops 10% of it's workforce

Advice to Management

We've let politics win out at Impinj. They've just decided to let go of some of the most important people here. Who is making these boneheaded decisions? There doesn't seem to be any vision from way on high where the executives are. Can they see us down here? They're more interested in keeping their jobs, shifting blame or just plain not taking responsibilities for their own mistakes or shortcomings. I...

Impinj2018-03-27

"Exciting company with high standards"

I have been working at Impinj full-time

Pros

Impinj has a differentiated offering in the IoT. It is a company that could be something really significant in that space. That's an exciting prospect and offers loads of opportunity to play a significant role in building something really meaningful.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and will experience growing pains. Expectations for performance are high across the board so you can't shrink from the challenge.

Advice to Management

Sprint to widen your lead, and stay true to your culture.

Impinj2017-01-24

"Growing Pains are Real Opportunities"

I have been working at Impinj full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Company culture that allows me to attack problems in a respectful and forthright manner - Great flexibility in terms of when and where I get my work done as long as it is done well and on time - Its ok to try and fail. Just make sure that the communication and feedback loop is open and often

Cons

- Growing pains are really. Everyone is pushing hard and that can make small tasks feel difficult

Advice to Management

- Be transparent and gain alignment. Work closely with your teams to push down company goals and objectives clearly and often. If we can keep great people rowing in the same direction we can have a huge impact.

Impinj2017-01-17

"Find your greatness at Impinj"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Impinj full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Impinj is one of Seattle's gems and will soon be one of Seattle's great companies. It has a great vision and mission that will make the world a better place, a huge opportunity, a great team, an awesome culture, an honest transparent C-level team, a beautiful new facility, it's committed to improvement, and it has employees from all over the world.

Cons

Small group of employees who feel entitled instead of grateful, growing pains to accomodate accelerating revenue growth

Advice to Management

Maintain focus on culture, mission, vision and strategy. Keep breaking down silos. Hire the best. Keep improving the culture. It is already awesome and only getting better.

Impinj2016-03-01

"Disappointing Experience"

I worked at Impinj full-time

Pros

The hardware product has terrific potential and a great position in a niche market. The team members who have been there for a long time (longer than a couple of years) are a joy to work with. Impinj is still small, but is not a startup because of the success of its hardware business and because its market is proven, so it can afford waste and a few non-trivial mistakes.

Cons

With the company's dramatic change in executive leadership last year, old-guard employee turnover and influx of recent hires, Impinj is experiencing growing pains. While I had great experiences with some team members, I found myself in a part of the organization that has no product vision, no idea who the customer is and no culture of continuous improvement, which has lead to...

Advice to Management

Have a conversation about developments in the last year and put a spotlight on the areas of the organization that are vitally important for the future of the company but that are opaque to the people on other teams who have done foundationally crucial work. Have those areas of the company delivered what was promised? Do they feel like a natural growth of Impinj's culture of innovation or are they more like an offshoot,...

Impinj2015-12-07

"A company with a lot of potential"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Impinj full-time for more than a year

Pros

Emerging technology, bagel Fridays, quarterly company events, stock options. Impinj also offers an open paid time off policy that the company values for their employees. CEO has a clear vision.

Cons

Mid-management lacks communication and training engagement with employees, in other words you are pretty much left to fend for yourself and believe it is a result of growing pains. Lots of water cooler talk as well which is not professional.

Advice to Management

Make yourselves available to train your employees and better engagement to make sure new employees have proper knowledge and tools to succeed.

Impinj2014-08-06