Imprivata Reviews | Glassdoor

Imprivata Chief Executive Officer Gus Malezis
Gus Malezis
1 Rating

Pros
Cons
  • No channels are available for employees to provide anonymous feedback to upper management or HR (in 4 reviews)

• Some bullying going on - by Directors in emea, no HR to manage them (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome culture and solid industry footprint"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Imprivata full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are generous. Food all the time. Staff are extremely friendly. Company believes in fostering a healthy culture and doing local events. Make changes to operations and leadership when appropriate. Typical growing pains but that's recognized.

Cons

If you don't like eating lots of food (for free) then it can be hard to stay out of the cafe.

Advice to Management

Don't stop the train and keep doing what you've been doing.

Sep 27, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking time to write this review! I am glad to hear that you enjoy working here and agree with many of your comments. This certainly reflects my experience working at Imprivata ... More

"Co-Op"

I worked at Imprivata part-time

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. Great products. Easy mobility within company. There are many planned outings. Working there allows you to gain great insight into the healthcare IT market.

Cons

Location is difficult if you live in the Boston. Company was recently bought by a private equity firm. Possibility for them to be cutting certain departments.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to spend less money on areas that don't directly contribute to overall revenue. Certain areas of marketing may be un-needed and there is money being wasted on a few products that add a disproportionate amount of revenue

"Oh dear, what happened ?"

Current Employee - Manager in Middlesex, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Middlesex, NJ

I have been working at Imprivata full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People
    Ambition
    Great prospects
    US driven
    Good petential ahead

Cons

US-driven - too much so.. no visits by any US VP's, what does that say ?
    Mixed communication from US - messages delivered late or not at all ?
    US 300 plus staff, EMEA 30 or so ?
    No VP sales in EMEA - no leadership= people are doing what they want and not reprimanded
    Some bullying going on - by Directors in emea, no HR to manage them
    Is anyone even listening ?

Advice to Management

Pay us a visit, listen if you care, do not bother if it's a token thing.. people will walk unless nurtured..

"Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lexington, MA

I worked at Imprivata full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Colleagues were awesome, good benefits, unlimited PTO

Cons

It all depends on the team, the team I was on was not the best.
    -There was way too much favoritism.
    -Many false promises and lies from management.
    -Management cares nothing about you if you are not in the small buddy group

Advice to Management

Please stop the lies and false promises and just as a reminder...Your team is bigger than just 3 people....

6. "Great culture"

Pros

Amazing people/events, strong products, unbelievable marketing

Cons

Promotion from within is lacking

Sep 27, 2016 – Chief People Officer

I agree with you we have a great culture, with great people and products. We have made significant strides in developing our employees and promoting from within with almost 20% of our employee base ... More

7. "Project Manager"

I worked at Imprivata full-time

Pros

Great team, Excellent Perks.

Cons

Desire to centralize everything.

Sep 27, 2016 – Chief People Officer

I’m glad that you enjoyed the perks here at Imprivata and that you had a positive experience. Thank you for being a part of Imprivata! Kelliann McCabe Chief People Officer

"Marketing and Sales focused company."

Pros

Imprivata has a strong flagship product that produces excellent revenue. Imprivata excels at marketing to its customers and the healthcare industry. It is well positioned to build upon its brand and expand its business as an IT security provider that ‘gets’ healthcare. The company isn’t in any danger of closing up or collapsing anytime soon. HR has been criticized in other reviews, but they are functional and professional.

Cons

Imprivata is a sales and marketing focused company. Leadership favors vocal extroverts with strong personalities that can up-sell and promote their own contributions. Introverts and quieter individuals are repeatedly overlooked and undervalued in the organization. Politics and alliances are essential to getting promoted. Compensation is consistently under-market for top-tier technical talent. A strong ‘fear of public failure’ culture hampers risk-taking and innovation. Fire-drills occur far too frequently -- a result of letting long-standing structural problems fester and under resourcing back office and r&d teams.

Advice to Management

Look beyond passion and the loudest voice in the room to make business decisions. Create a culture where it’s ok to fail instead of vilifying mistakes. Recognize and reward all kinds of leadership and leaders, not just the ones you prefer and are just like you. Sunk cost fallacy and personal loyalty is preventing sound business decisions from being made. Marketing can only compensate for a lack of innovation for so long. Execs dressing up in costumes and free food may be fun and easy, but building a great place to work involves the hard work of creating environments where innovation can thrive and everyone’s achievements can be recognized, not just the bullying extraverts.

Sep 27, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for this feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had some negative experiences at Imprivata. One of our core cultural tenants is to “speak up, and have a voice”. We encourage all ... More

"Great people"

I have been working at Imprivata full-time

Pros

So many positive people work at this company, and they are really the company's highlight. Whenever a coworker leaves, that is always the thing they say they miss the most. Everyone is very supportive, and there are solid opportunities for growth and movement within the company if you seek them out. In general, the culture is upbeat and there are lots of fun events that draw in new employees and get people excited about the company.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of turnover, not all departments are created equal so it's important to get a grasp of the culture for the department you are interested in.

Advice to Management

There are ways to improve culture besides buying pizza for people- let's take some focus away from overblown internal events and focus on strategies to retain employees in the long run.

Sep 27, 2016 – Chief People Officer

I agree, the people here are no short of amazing! Our employees make the culture what it is and we thank you for recognizing that! It’s true that not all departments are the same and we will continue ... More

"Toxic environment with bullies for managers."

I have been working at Imprivata full-time

Pros

Sound IT products. Technically savvy people who are friendly. Foodie type company. Nice office space and clean and modern work areas. Benefits are okay.

Cons

The arrogance of some of the managers and their bully tactics go unchecked by HR. It runs rampant and ruins people's lives. There's a culture of darkness in that respect with certain departments and how they are managed. It causes fear and distrust among teammates.

Advice to Management

Hire experienced, educated, considerate, and kind managers who enjoy working with people of all personalities and who want to help build their staff to be successful people both personally and professionally.

Sep 27, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for the candid feedback and bringing your concerns to my attention. I am disappointed to hear about your negative experience and encourage you come see me directly so we can talk about our ... More

"Awesome and Fun Place to Work"

Pros

Great friendly people that are ready to work and tackle new ideas. The workflow worked well for most.

Cons

The company is expanding and changes are bound to happen. People do come and go, but usually there's a new person ready to fill the spot.

Advice to Management

As an intern, we were pushed to try new things and expand our horizons which any employer should do; cultivate the future.

Sep 27, 2016 – Chief People Officer

It’s nice to hear from a former intern that they and that you had a positive experience working here! We hope that our internship program gives college students the opportunity to learn and grow ... More