In-N-Out Burger Reviews | Glassdoor

In-N-Out Burger Reviews

Updated August 23, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great pay, genuine people all around (in 138 reviews)

• Great work environment if you like a fast-paced and team-oriented workplace (in 97 reviews)

Cons
  • Can be stressful if you cant handle a very fast paced environment (in 82 reviews)

• The job itself can get a little bit stressful at times (in 22 reviews)

1. "Good job, just not for me"

Current Employee - Level IV Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Level IV Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food
    GREAT flexibility with schedules, they really respect student schedules and will always stick to your availability. There are a wide variety of shifts to work, so trust you will be accommodated.
    Great people

Cons

Management can be a little iffy
    Sometimes they short you breaks (that is very illegal)
    Free food (I have stretch marks now lol)
    Personal lives really bleed into the professional environment

Advice to Management

Listen to the associates more. And I understand "The Culture of Yes," but please do not allow customers to abuse and harass employees. And more training.

2. "GREAT on the outside, NOT SO MUCH on the inside"

Former Employee - Level 6
    Former Employee - Level 6

I worked at In-N-Out Burger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked there while I was a student and I met some great people that I am still friends with till this day.

Cons

If your nose isn't brown after talking to the store manager or you don't kiss anyones butt who's higher than you, you won't be liked. People who work here take the leveling system too SERIOUSLY. It's IN-N-OUT, not Google. Remember where you work and don't try and act all high and mighty just because of your rank. I was a level 6 and I treated everyone the same, even the level 1 people.

Advice to Management

Realize that students who work there have a school schedule. In-N-Out is not a priority in when you are a student nor will it ever be so be thankful for each student associate you have.

"Fun- Meet Great People... Expect some ptsd and insomnia."

Former Employee - Level 6 in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Level 6 in Redwood City, CA

I worked at In-N-Out Burger full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great employees- you'll make some great friends! Pretty good benefits. Free food. Some fun parties and cool perks. Really ideal environment for first time job or people with ADD.

Cons

Employees and management get waaaaay too intense at times. They tend to hire high schoolers so if you are working here in your 20's or 30's be prepared to feel old. The schedule is pretty crazy. If you work night shifts you won't sleep well- some days you will wake up panic stricken and worried thinking you are still at work. For the amount you would be making it isn't really worth the negatives.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees WAY more. Motivate them to go into other parts of the company outside the stores. Management isn't for everyone. Give your employees longer breaks and more vacation. You have decent pay and benefits but to be totally honest your employees deserve way more for what they do and the toll it takes on them both physically and mentally.

4. "Great, depending on location"

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger part-time

Pros

I have worked at two different stores, and have mixed feelings about both. It is easy to get promoted and rise through the ranks. Lots of perks, benefits and flexibility in the schedules. If you need a specific day off, you will get that day off.

Cons

However, if you're in college, and show that woking at In N Out is only temporary, they will not promote you. While in high school, I was promoted multiple times within a month; but when I went to college they stopped promoting me completely.

Advice to Management

Give college students a chance. We may only be expecting to work at In N Out for a few years, but we would still like to have more responsibility and higher pay.

"Really?"

I worked at In-N-Out Burger part-time

Pros

I injured myself at work and they provided me with plenty of care .

Cons

They are a religious company and they hire a lot of religious people. I saw discrimination occur due to religious and lifestyle beliefs

6. "Definitely not for everyone"

Current Employee - Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is pretty great. The company really cares for you. I got a set of Christmas lights with burgers, fries, shakes, and the in n out logo for Christmas courtesy of In-N-Out Burger. They are really into company events like softball, basketball, and golf tournaments as well as company picnics. They really make you feel like they care about their employees in a general sense.

Cons

They work you HARD. You will work 3 positions at once. Not just you, EVERYONE. Honestly, it's not a bad thing, but it's hard. Everyone here is a BEAST. People that work here learn to multitask to the extreme. Unfortunately, it is super stressful and NOT for everyone. Imagine talking to 2 people at once while handing out food and making drinks and still being expected to help others out.

Advice to Management

Train! Don't just throw people into positions that they haven't even watched videos for. And please don't train the managers to yell at us to go faster, especially when we are on fries during a rush with no loader or hand out and still trying to relay.

7. "Depends on the management"

Current Employee - Level II in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Level II in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger part-time

Pros

Great pay, free meals evey time you work.

Cons

Can get hectic during rush hours, you don't get off on time, they usually keep you for additional 30 to 45 min after your scheduled shift.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like the "helpers"

8. "Fun And Fast Paced"

I have been working at In-N-Out Burger part-time

Pros

Free meal everytime you work

Cons

Managers who get stressed out when their managers come in

9. "Associate Level 4"

I worked at In-N-Out Burger part-time

Pros

Some great managers. Lots of room to move up. Develop great customer service skills.

Cons

Some managers were hopeless and didn't know how to run a shift. Women tend to be catty, I say women because these ladies were pushing 30. It is easy to be sucked into becoming a lifer.

10. "Store Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at In-N-Out Burger part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Social work environment , flexible schedule , Many things to learn. Can be fun.

Cons

TRAINING . Absolutely no training. You have to ask other employees questions while they're working. Promotions handed out too easily. Managers come and go to quickly. Overworked staff/frustration.

Advice to Management

Training and less stress.