InComm Reviews | Glassdoor

InComm Reviews

Updated April 18, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The department that I was in, management was good about work life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Wonderful place with great people (in 13 reviews)

Cons

1. "Some things never change-stay away!"

Former Employee - IT Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice gym-free....as long as you train yourself to overlook the Incomm logos everywhere.

Cons

Poor management. There also is poor management along with poor management. No vision-off with your head mentality. HR department is large because they can't keep up with people coming and going-including HR! Who is leading Incomm? CTO a Verizon has been.

Advice to Management

CEO and COO need to check back in and not let things continue to degrade.

"accounting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm (More than 8 years)

Pros

met some great people

Cons

bad management lots of friends hiring friends. Managers not being fair and HR not supporting the employees. VERY HIGH TURNOVE

3. "Merchant Service Representative"

Current Employee - Bi-Lingual Merchant Services Representative in Conyers, GA
    Current Employee - Bi-Lingual Merchant Services Representative in Conyers, GA

I have been working at InComm (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Promotion are slow, to be promote you got to have a year or more

"anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ok to work for. Just depends on who your boss is and the type of management style. High turnover rate in IT

Cons

High turnover rate. No clear promotion path.

Advice to Management

stop letting Incomm Knowledge leave.

"Beware!"

Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at InComm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is some what decent, not very great though depending on experience, excessive OT, hour lunches. Work is easy to learn.

Cons

Training is SHORT AND RUSHED. Place feels like a jail. Extremely low moral. No job security. HIGH TURNOVER RATE! I REPEAT, HIGH TURNOVER RATE! HR is crappy. Time off.. ie (Sick leave, pto, unplanned time) pretty much non existent. Very unclear system. You get 8 occurrences, and they terminate you. Meanwhile being 1 minute late, is an occurence. Yea, bs right? We were told of a completely different point system in training only to get to the floor and realize those were lies. You cannot speak with your neighbors. Cameras are on you everywhere. You can't even so much as lean back in your chair or someone will come and tell you to stop. Not to mention the way the business is run. You're pretty lying to scammed customers about receiving lost money back. They'll never get it. They will just be entered into a never ending cycle of sending paperwork in order to make it seem as though they will. Team leads are never around for help. I didn't even last 90 days with this company before I was terminated. THIS JOB DOES NOT SEEM LONG TERM, ITS GREAT IF YOU NEED A JOB DESPERATELY BUT I ADVICE TO KEEP YOUR OPTIONS AND CONTINUE TO APPLY ELSEWHERE AS IT IS VERY LIKELY YOU WILL NOT LAST THERE.

Advice to Management

Stop terminating employees over petty tardy occurrences.

7. "Desktop Support Technician"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are your own boss.

Cons

Limited resources, and employees have easy access to you.

"Terrible Corporate Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is room for advancement within this organization. The organization itself has profit stability.

Cons

Management styles are like those of a dictator. None of the departments speak to each other and for the most part only the employees working at headquarters are treated like a human.

Advice to Management

Everyone should take some leadership classes.

9. "Never a dull moment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great coworkers, good sense of teamwork on my immediate & broader team. Nice gym with trainers available, MARTA/parking passes, occasional fun office activities (e.g. Spirit Week, Team outing, Cupcake days..). Interesting work that changes constantly, with new challenges that arise every 6 months.

Cons

Directors (aka, bosses) are often not trained/managed correctly. My boss relies on a gut feeling more than actual fact, discriminates without realizing it, often says the wrong things in meetings and doesn't notice that everyone else is tuning them out and making faces at each other, doesn't know how to do our jobs and just assumes that we are all competent (not always true), poor communicator, etc. I have seen 5+ people fired (in my department alone) in the last year and a half, and I have seen other people come in at 11 and leave at 5, spend the day on their phone and receive accolade after accolade. It's a weird environment in that respect. Also, my work is inhibited by the fact that some processes in the company are very primitive, and rather than being proactive, we acknowledge that we're going to keep doing things wrong until we hit a crisis mode. It will fly now, while the company is still growing, but it's about to hit the point where they need to invest in the resources and not just pressure people to fix it in their own way.

Advice to Management

HR improvements have helped, but where are the resources to help us contact you about issues that we see, aside from on GlassDoor? Training, training, training for management! Huge frustration when everyone on the lower levels can see an issue with a manager, but have nowhere to take those thoughts and no hope that the managers will be trained.

10. "Merchant Service Rep"

Former Employee - Merchant Services Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Merchant Services Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at InComm (More than a year)

Pros

the pay could be better.

Cons

Management is not the best.

11. "Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Set hours, with steady pay. Different shifts to choose from

Cons

Management changes policies often, and they micromanage to the point of discouragement.