InComm Reviews | Glassdoor

InComm Reviews

Updated December 12, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The department that I was in, management was good about work life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Great people; opportunity to learn; carve your own path; nice office on Centennial Park; decent benefits including gym membership; some flex-time (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • HR and upper management could do a better job of compensating employees who have worked their way through the ranks (in 21 reviews)

• I repeat: VERY HIGH TURNOVER RATE (in 15 reviews)

1. "Most evil and judgemental place I have ever been employed for!"

I worked at InComm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Thought it was going to be lucrative and career-changing but of course, it's not what you know it's who you know and kiss up to before even being considered for any type of advancement.

Cons

Your life has no meaning here. Management is like "leave it outside" if you need to ask for advice. Referred one of my very best friends for a position, he got the interview, but they turned him down because he went outside the scope of the questions asked. He's older and disabled, so when I heard it, I felt so bad for the man...he's looking so hard to find a professional job but apparently ageism is everywhere.

Advice to Management

Try not to be so damn picky about who you hire. You're losing out on some very exceptional talent. Wake up! It's not about youth or intelligence!

"The Call Center Treadmill in Stalin's USSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at InComm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay on time and the benefits are decent.

Cons

I've worked in 5 other call centers and never had so many calls come in so fast. There's no wrap up time after calls, except for an inconsistent 15 seconds. Most of the time, there's no wrap up time at all, and the next call comes in before you've finished the last. Complex wrap up due to fraud? They don't care. Prepare yourself to take 100 calls a day.

Also, the systems are the most unreliable I've ever seen. The phone system, IC3, freezes up or otherwise fails several times a day during calls, either disconnecting customers, disallowing holds or transfers, or disallowing disconnection from the call while you're being cussed out for how poor the service is.

On top of this, CCA, the system for looking up accounts, also typically fails several times a day, and it's not uncommon the system for activatiing cards at purchase goes out entirely so that the center is stuck manually activating gift cards.

I should also point out that there are cameras everywhere and extremely arbitrary, stupid rules are enforced as if you're a prisoner in a gulag. For example, one of my coworkers was twirling left and right a bit in her chair and a member of management approached her after observing her on camera and told her to stop twirling in her chair. She wasn't hurting anything. If that isn't stupid, creepy, and totalitarian, I don't know what is.

And it's appropriate I use the word "gulag" above, as they also keep the temperature so low that I have to bring something to keep warm even in the summer. Oh, that old Siberia feeling.

Prepare yourself if you think about working here. You will be on a treadmill you can't keep up with, hounded by management over little things that don't matter as you're under constant surveilance from above, freezing in the middle of summer, and having customers often cussing at you and otherwise being frustrated and rude due to their terrible experience with our cards and even worse service. How do you want to spend your life?

Advice to Management

The management of this call center is the worst I've ever seen. There seems to be no concern about the happiness of employees, or indeed how to even treat fellow human beings. There's also little to no concern for customers, as evidenced byoverly bureaucratic, manual processes for handling problems, no proactive service, no follow-up, and unreliable technology for handling calls. The website is often down also, as is the system for activating cards at purchase. There needs to be some turnover at the top to reduce the worst turnover at the bottom I've ever seen.

Also, these idiotic, troublesome debit cards will be a thing of the past in the foreseeable future. What else do you have? Will this company go the way of RIMM and Radio Shack, left behind by a wave of new innovation? Probably.

"Disgruntled Employee :("

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at InComm full-time

Pros

Flexibility in work timings, Work from home option

Cons

There is hardly any recognition. No Bonus and too much politics to deal with. Very poor attitude for a mid sized company. Age old technology and management not willing for any new changes.

Advice to Management

Employees slog for management all through the year and when it comes to appraisal there is hardly a raise or a bonus. Employees need some kind of motivation and recognition in the form of raise or bonus or stock option. Why keep an appraisal process if there is hardly a raise.

If you are looking to improve the organization, do yourself a favor by firing all the Directors, Managers and architects and hire qualified people.

"Merchant Services Supervisor"

Former Employee - Merchant Services Supervisor in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Merchant Services Supervisor in Norcross, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees on the floor are friendly and hard workers.

Cons

BEWARE, this by far was the worst call center I have ever worked for ever!!! They have rules for everything and training is just all over the place. Management will WATCH YOU from their offices or HOME through CAMERAS throughout the building! Upper management is so out of touch with current business acumen and processes present in call centers today. There are so many double standards within management and they will require supervisors to enforce their many assinine rules. All cellphones, for the exception of the managers, MUST be locked in a locker! There's NO COFFEE or snacks of any kind allowed on the call center floor. One minute late occurences are write-ups. The SYSTEMS are archaic and simply outdated. They use an old version of Interaction Client with older style headsets and manually place calls on hold. The call monitoring is sooo old school. Every system has a manual process which makes everything time consuming and inefficient. In fact, they send many EMAILS to update reps on product and procedures. There is NOT a system (Intranet) where reps can search product, policy and procedures, and updates. They make reps rely on paper or searching and sending many emails.

Advice to Management

This is 2017 and you must CHANGE! That means investing in employees and better systems. Being overly crictical and acting as if you're above it all doesn't work!

"Former EMPO Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First initially started, work was great. Management started out great. A lot of opportunity and learning

Cons

After going through multiple managers/supervisors and reorgs. Management become HORRIBLE. EMPO started to become "women empowerment" but instead of being a leader and a mentor, the women become very unprofessional, contradicting and micromanaging of their direct reports. Retention became HIGH as soon as the director came on board. Spoke of no working from home policy but did not set a good example for their team. Spoke badly about their employees to other colleagues. Management did not want to take responsibility for their actions and blame employees below them for projects that goes wrong. Would say one thing but then says another.

Advice to Management

When talking to your direct reports, do not speak of the person's culture because their work ethics are not up to your expectations. Don't judge someone's work ethic within a few weeks of becoming part of management. Don't start pointing fingers when you don't fully understand why projects aren't going the way it should.

"Account Management"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros of this position were that there was some travel, a lot of unsupervised work, and the ability to have a some what flexible schedule.

Cons

The cons were lack of needed communication, lack of clear and concise expectations and change that was not communicated effectively.

Advice to Management

Spend a little time understanding what your employees do on a daily basis. Ask them for ideas with regards to the accounts they are responsible for.

"Depressing low-morale high-turnover jail-like work place"

Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A paycheck, really I can't think of other pros. Come to think of it, that little salary that they pay is not even worth my sanity and self-dignity. Read CONS below.

Cons

If you care about your wellbeing, do NOT join this company. InComm, especially its Call Center / Customer Svc Dept has a very high turnover rate. I repeat: VERY HIGH TURNOVER RATE. Morale is very low. The work place is simply depressing and it feels seriously like you go to jail every day you work there. Imagine this, you are not even allowed to use restroom when your body needs to. Crazy? Welcome to InComm! Tired of sitting long hours and just want to stretch your body for a minute? They write you up for that! Want to say hi to the guy sitting next to you? Another write up! They treat their employees like trash, no respect, no dignity. They feel like they can treat people any way they like. Void of respect. If you care about your sanity and your dignity, do NOT even think to apply at InComm. Go elsewhere where you get treated like a human being, and believe me, I worked at many different companies, InComm is by far the WORST!!!

Advice to Management

Sell the company and go to an uninhabited island and never come back!

8. "It's a great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management, amazing people's to work with , good environment, show up and do your work diversity makes the place even greater!!

Cons

None to be report as of now but maybe they can add little more flexibility on remote work since the commute is exhausting when you travel everyday from Alpharetta to downtown.

Advice to Management

Need to add little more flexibility.

"Could be better"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at InComm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management has open doors for constructive criticism.

Cons

No annual bonus. Somewhat slow to apply changes to the organization

"Great salary, good learning opportunity, will eat you alive."

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, and some of the people.

Cons

1) No flexibility. It's a technology company that hasn't embraced technology.
    2) Every man/woman is out for him/herself.
    3) PTO stinks. You start out with 2 weeks, no matter how long you have worked in the industry. I left my last job with 5 weeks of PTO. I have young kids who get sick like most young kids. And now I have to take PTO every time they get sick. Goodbye actual vacation.
    4) If you have a stomach virus, even though you could actually put in a full days' work, too bad. You have to either come in and make everyone else sick, or take a day of PTO. Even though we're a technology company and your job could potentially be done from your house.
    5) Back to the people. Nobody smiles here unless they're smiling to keep from crying because of stress.
    6) Perfection = "meets expectations". Anything less than perfection, and you're getting ding'd on your performance review.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. We may just be cogs in a wheel, but we don't have to be treated that way. Cupcakes and a lunch here and there do not make up for being eaten alive on a daily basis.