InComm Reviews | Glassdoor

InComm Reviews

Updated January 5, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The department that I was in, management was good about work life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Great people; opportunity to learn; carve your own path; nice office on Centennial Park; decent benefits including gym membership; some flex-time (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • HR and upper management could do a better job of compensating employees who have worked their way through the ranks (in 21 reviews)

• I repeat: VERY HIGH TURNOVER RATE (in 16 reviews)

"One of the better companies to work for"

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work is rewarded, flexible schedule, management listens to you! If you have a good work ethic you'll go far. They aren't stingy with their promotions

Cons

Employees who don't appreciate their benefits

Advice to Management

I really like the direction this company is going in....I feel valued every day

2. "Good company to work .Teams are helpful."

Pros

On time salary.
    Good teams.As the company growing lot of Opertunities to grow.

Cons

HR specially immigration.They don't care.
    Inter department communication is poor.

Advice to Management

Try to Understand your employees issues specially if they are waiting for Visa renewal.

3. "There are some talented people working in very poorly managed/structured system"

Former Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In the right departments there are opportunities for growth, productivity and development
    There's a bit of a start-up feel so you feel like you can carve a place for yourself in the right departments
    There are some talented employees and managers
    Company fitness center

Cons

Very poor/non-existent management training leading to inconsistent management across departments. The boss that caused me to leave was a nightmare. She was unprofessional and had no business managing people, but she fell into her position in reorgs and because she reported to an upper level person with too many reports she never really got reviewed nor was her Management behavior ever really questioned.
    Some departments have talented people running them that work hard and value and promote their employees, but it's not at all consistent across the company.
    Many of the uppermost management don't have true previous c-level experience, and it shows in inconsistent decision making and poor employee communication.
    They tend to be very reactionary and have a throw it all at the wall and see what sticks philosophy. People never were trusted or wanted to make decisions because they lived in fear of upsetting upper management. There was no sense of employee empowerment when it came to any type of decision making.
    Projects, products and initiatives go from being the huge focus one week to disappearing the next with little or no explanation.
    There were also lots of reorgs and restructurings due to bad upper management's refusal to acknowledge it's shortcomings and manage issues.
    I would advise a potential candidate to do as much research as you can to find out about the department you will be in before committing, or at least be prepared for a rocky road

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more. Establish more management training and review for mid level managers and hold them more accountable for the turnover.Get rid of the culture of fear and allow more empowerment when it comes to decision making. Communicate the company strategy and vision to employees so they can act on it versus having to guess.

4. "Very enthusiasm"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at InComm full-time

Pros

Great teamwork and work environment

Cons

Low opportunity of growth and

Advice to Management

Create more growth opportunities

"Customer Care Representative/Norcross call center"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your basic burn-n-churn call center. Job is super easy once you get the hang of it, so the pay really is good for a job so simple. If you speak Spanish or especially French, go into the interview expecting to be hired. Interesting, cool people to work with, everyone's too busy doing their job to stay mired in silliness. And they do a good job of sifting out the riff-raff when they interview. Place is super clean, a rarity in call center work. And they fed us (pizza) like omg during the X-mas season!

Cons

Micro-managing like "whoa!" But, that is the nature of call centers nowadays, so you gotta' know that going in and accept it. Turn-over like "whoa!" Again, that's built into the model and they don't expect you to stay for more than a few months anyway. The micromanaging will burn you out pretty quick and they know that. The upside of the turnover is if you have middle management aspirations you can count on that happening for you. You don't have to be the most qualified, just the last man standing. Be prepared to work every weekend.

6. "Profitable but prosaic"

Pros

Centrally located office, good benefits, profitable company

Cons

High turnover, siloed structure, foggy management directives

Advice to Management

Create a clear path of ascension to harvest retention, more transparency, and greater collaboration needed

7. "Most evil and judgemental place I have ever been employed for!"

I worked at InComm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Thought it was going to be lucrative and career-changing but of course, it's not what you know it's who you know and kiss up to before even being considered for any type of advancement.

Cons

Your life has no meaning here. Management is like "leave it outside" if you need to ask for advice. Referred one of my very best friends for a position, he got the interview, but they turned him down because he went outside the scope of the questions asked. He's older and disabled, so when I heard it, I felt so bad for the man...he's looking so hard to find a professional job but apparently ageism is everywhere.

Advice to Management

Try not to be so damn picky about who you hire. You're losing out on some very exceptional talent. Wake up! It's not about youth or intelligence!

"The Call Center Treadmill in Stalin's USSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at InComm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay on time and the benefits are decent.

Cons

I've worked in 5 other call centers and never had so many calls come in so fast. There's no wrap up time after calls, except for an inconsistent 15 seconds. Most of the time, there's no wrap up time at all, and the next call comes in before you've finished the last. Complex wrap up due to fraud? They don't care. Prepare yourself to take 100 calls a day.

Also, the systems are the most unreliable I've ever seen. The phone system, IC3, freezes up or otherwise fails several times a day during calls, either disconnecting customers, disallowing holds or transfers, or disallowing disconnection from the call while you're being cussed out for how poor the service is.

On top of this, CCA, the system for looking up accounts, also typically fails several times a day, and it's not uncommon the system for activatiing cards at purchase goes out entirely so that the center is stuck manually activating gift cards.

I should also point out that there are cameras everywhere and extremely arbitrary, stupid rules are enforced as if you're a prisoner in a gulag. For example, one of my coworkers was twirling left and right a bit in her chair and a member of management approached her after observing her on camera and told her to stop twirling in her chair. She wasn't hurting anything. If that isn't stupid, creepy, and totalitarian, I don't know what is.

And it's appropriate I use the word "gulag" above, as they also keep the temperature so low that I have to bring something to keep warm even in the summer. Oh, that old Siberia feeling.

Prepare yourself if you think about working here. You will be on a treadmill you can't keep up with, hounded by management over little things that don't matter as you're under constant surveilance from above, freezing in the middle of summer, and having customers often cussing at you and otherwise being frustrated and rude due to their terrible experience with our cards and even worse service. How do you want to spend your life?

Advice to Management

The management of this call center is the worst I've ever seen. There seems to be no concern about the happiness of employees, or indeed how to even treat fellow human beings. There's also little to no concern for customers, as evidenced byoverly bureaucratic, manual processes for handling problems, no proactive service, no follow-up, and unreliable technology for handling calls. The website is often down also, as is the system for activating cards at purchase. There needs to be some turnover at the top to reduce the worst turnover at the bottom I've ever seen.

Also, these idiotic, troublesome debit cards will be a thing of the past in the foreseeable future. What else do you have? Will this company go the way of RIMM and Radio Shack, left behind by a wave of new innovation? Probably.

"Disgruntled Employee :("

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at InComm full-time

Pros

Flexibility in work timings, Work from home option

Cons

There is hardly any recognition. No Bonus and too much politics to deal with. Very poor attitude for a mid sized company. Age old technology and management not willing for any new changes.

Advice to Management

Employees slog for management all through the year and when it comes to appraisal there is hardly a raise or a bonus. Employees need some kind of motivation and recognition in the form of raise or bonus or stock option. Why keep an appraisal process if there is hardly a raise.

If you are looking to improve the organization, do yourself a favor by firing all the Directors, Managers and architects and hire qualified people.

"Merchant Services Supervisor"

Former Employee - Merchant Services Supervisor in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Merchant Services Supervisor in Norcross, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees on the floor are friendly and hard workers.

Cons

BEWARE, this by far was the worst call center I have ever worked for ever!!! They have rules for everything and training is just all over the place. Management will WATCH YOU from their offices or HOME through CAMERAS throughout the building! Upper management is so out of touch with current business acumen and processes present in call centers today. There are so many double standards within management and they will require supervisors to enforce their many assinine rules. All cellphones, for the exception of the managers, MUST be locked in a locker! There's NO COFFEE or snacks of any kind allowed on the call center floor. One minute late occurences are write-ups. The SYSTEMS are archaic and simply outdated. They use an old version of Interaction Client with older style headsets and manually place calls on hold. The call monitoring is sooo old school. Every system has a manual process which makes everything time consuming and inefficient. In fact, they send many EMAILS to update reps on product and procedures. There is NOT a system (Intranet) where reps can search product, policy and procedures, and updates. They make reps rely on paper or searching and sending many emails.

Advice to Management

This is 2017 and you must CHANGE! That means investing in employees and better systems. Being overly crictical and acting as if you're above it all doesn't work!