InComm Reviews | Glassdoor

InComm Reviews

Updated March 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The department that I was in, management was good about work life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Great people; opportunity to learn; carve your own path; nice office on Centennial Park; decent benefits including gym membership; some flex-time (in 12 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great place for college interns"

Pros

The internship program is really good for college students looking to learn new skills, gain real world experience and networking opportunities. The internship is year round, 20 hours a week and you are located in the downtown Atlanta headquarter. The pay is lower than other IT internships in the Atlanta area but the exposure you gain is invaluable.

Interns do a rotation every 3-6 months working on new teams. As a student, you learn pretty quickly which jobs you like and which ones you don't like. If you are a high performer you may get a full time job offer upon graduation. The transition from intern to FTE is seamless because you are given real projects as an intern.

I would recommend InComm to any college student looking for an immersive internship experience beyond the normal summer internships.

Cons

I can't think of any at the moment.

"accounting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm (More than 8 years)

Pros

met some great people

Cons

bad management lots of friends hiring friends. Managers not being fair and HR not supporting the employees. VERY HIGH TURNOVE

3. "Merchant Service Representative"

Current Employee - Bi-Lingual Merchant Services Representative in Conyers, GA
    Current Employee - Bi-Lingual Merchant Services Representative in Conyers, GA

I have been working at InComm (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Promotion are slow, to be promote you got to have a year or more

"anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ok to work for. Just depends on who your boss is and the type of management style. High turnover rate in IT

Cons

High turnover rate. No clear promotion path.

Advice to Management

stop letting Incomm Knowledge leave.

"Beware!"

Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at InComm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is some what decent, not very great though depending on experience, excessive OT, hour lunches. Work is easy to learn.

Cons

Training is SHORT AND RUSHED. Place feels like a jail. Extremely low moral. No job security. HIGH TURNOVER RATE! I REPEAT, HIGH TURNOVER RATE! HR is crappy. Time off.. ie (Sick leave, pto, unplanned time) pretty much non existent. Very unclear system. You get 8 occurrences, and they terminate you. Meanwhile being 1 minute late, is an occurence. Yea, bs right? We were told of a completely different point system in training only to get to the floor and realize those were lies. You cannot speak with your neighbors. Cameras are on you everywhere. You can't even so much as lean back in your chair or someone will come and tell you to stop. Not to mention the way the business is run. You're pretty lying to scammed customers about receiving lost money back. They'll never get it. They will just be entered into a never ending cycle of sending paperwork in order to make it seem as though they will. Team leads are never around for help. I didn't even last 90 days with this company before I was terminated. THIS JOB DOES NOT SEEM LONG TERM, ITS GREAT IF YOU NEED A JOB DESPERATELY BUT I ADVICE TO KEEP YOUR OPTIONS AND CONTINUE TO APPLY ELSEWHERE AS IT IS VERY LIKELY YOU WILL NOT LAST THERE.

Advice to Management

Stop terminating employees over petty tardy occurrences.

7. "Account Manger"

I have been working at InComm full-time

Pros

Great place to work hard

Cons

Multiple system platforms to learn

"Easy job, horrible atmosphere"

I worked at InComm full-time

Pros

I checked out reviews before I became an employee there. And I thought the bad reviews were over exaggerated. But honestly, when they this place is like a jail it really is. They also give you one hour for lunch, as most company's give you 30 minutes. They say after working there 6 months, you can move up I'm the company.
    The pros are it's am easy job once you get the hang of it and they offer a lot of overtime.

Cons

The con's are they are VERY strict, it almost feels like a jail. When calls are slow we can barely talk to our neighbors. You can talk a little to the one beside you, but don't dare turn around and talk to the one behind you. There are cameras everywhere and they will come to your desk and approach you. You are being watched ALL the time. Examlle: A lady was lleaning back in her chair when calls were slow, 5 minutes later the big boss came to her desk and told her to sit up. Yes, literally. It is not a team environment, you basically feel isolated and alone. You can only eat hard candy at your desk and a closed drink..Forget anything else. This company has a high turn over rate. I was so excited until I realized a lot if the negative reviews were true. I lasted only 2 months there. I ended up getting a job at a much better job who makes you feel valued and not like your in jail. It also has a great team environment. I do not regret leaving Incomm. Only work at this place if you are desperate and need the money.

Advice to Management

You don't rrlly have much contact with the managers unless transferring escaktes calls. Again its not really a team environment. Its every man for himself.

9. "Good shop, terrible location"

I worked at InComm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Promotions tend to be merit-based. IT department is very good and has excellent leadership. Work-life balance is very good. Office space is adequate, environment is quiet, no open radios, almost everyone has good that don't leak sound.

Cons

Overall direction comes from Atlanta headquarters, not Miami. There is no local HR. None. Atlanta can be quick to dismiss employees for offences which could be handled at a local level. The location is terrible, terrible, terrible - downtown North Miami, which means going through the Golden Glades Interchange.

Advice to Management

Stand up to Atlanta. Many good people have left or have been terminated by Atlanta which could've been saved by local management.

10. "Buyer beware!"

I have been working at InComm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people! Mostly relaxed working environment

Cons

Lack of work/life balance; Doesn't pay well

11. "Desktop Support Technician"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are your own boss.

Cons

Limited resources, and employees have easy access to you.