InMotion Hosting Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 27, 2017

5.0
Todd Robinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch on Tuesdays is pretty nice/convenient, too (in 8 reviews)

• Casual dress code helps and free lunch on Tuesdays is always a good thing (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Very high turnover rate in the support department due to stresses of the job, so we're constantly understaffed (in 3 reviews)

• low pay compared to other places (in 4 reviews)

1. "Training Coordinator"

Former Employee - Training Coordinator in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Training Coordinator in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at InMotion Hosting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment and team. Frequent bonuses and opportunities to learn. Willing to train and encourages entry level employees.

Cons

Some jobs pay less than the industry standard.

InMotion Hosting Response

Aug 10, 2017 – HR Recruiter

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad we were able to make your experience with InMotion Hosting a positive one! Please feel free to reach out to recruiters@inmotionhosting.com with any... More

"Great first job for post-high school"

Former Employee - Tier I Technical Support in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Tier I Technical Support in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at InMotion Hosting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training pay is boosted to compensate for lack of bonus pay.
    Employees are well taken care of (great free lunch on Tuesdays, stocked snack cabinet every week, other benefits and bonuses for good work).
    Learn a lot about web hosting + training is very thorough (about a month long).

Cons

Pushed to meet QA objectives and contacts per hour rate, at the expense of actually helping the customer; less of a problem for easy solutions but became a hindrance for difficult situations.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good treatment of employees, very enticing work environment.

3. "APS"

Current Employee - APS in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - APS in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at InMotion Hosting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful place to learn, relaxed environment, good people

Cons

sometimes heptic but pretty rarely

"Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - CSR-I
    Current Employee - CSR-I

I have been working at InMotion Hosting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment to work in, I actually look forward to going to work everyday. Managers and supervisors always make you feel appreciated. Ample opportunity for advancement and growth

Cons

Sometimes you have to deal with difficult customers but, no cons about the company itself

5. "sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at InMotion Hosting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved it. Great benefits, training and perks.

Cons

Income could have been better

6. "Great company"

Pros

Solid core values. Quick advancement if you dedicate yourself. Support call center so you will be answering the phone. Great team atmosphere.

Cons

In times of high volume can be overwhelming, but still fun.

7. "Support Supervisor"

I have been working at InMotion Hosting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always hiring!

Inmotion is always growing and so new opportunities always come up. Lots of advancement opportunities for entry, intermediate and advanced level technicians if you are dedicated to your work and wish to see this as a career move.
    Great leaders that wish to see you succeed and if you exceed expectations you are paid handsomely in bonuss'.
    Employee owned company

Inmotion Really Cares.

Cons

LOTS OF BUSINESS , low staffed, but that's a great problem to have right?

Advice to Management

Keep on hiring and let's keep the high momentum!

"Advancement Opportunities for hard workers!"

I have been working at InMotion Hosting full-time

Pros

InMotion Hosting is a successful, growing company. This means new positions, new departments, and new growth opportunities continue to present themselves. As long as you stick around, work hard, and stand out from the crowd, you can write your own ticket and advance your career. There are many avenues for career advancement as well, in design, development, systems, engineering, management, marketing, business development, and more. The company puts a lot of effort and money towards a fun, rewarding environment. Quarterly team outings, 2 corporate events each year, weekly lunches, snacks and drinks in the kitchen, and many different competitions from cookoffs to foosball tournaments, and more.

Cons

People not willing to work hard and care about the customer typically don't last long. Sometimes, you may need to wait longer than you hoped to find advancement opportunities...however, they do come around fairly often.

Advice to Management

Keep caring for the customer and the employees, and you'll keep being successful.

"This is a company that actually cares about both it's employees and it's customers."

I have been working at InMotion Hosting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

InMotion Hosting keeps getting better as it grows. The management here actually cares about employees and wants everyone to enjoy their job and have fun. We are encouraged to go out of our way to help customers, and are rewarded for going the extra mile! There are many bonuses and monthly raffles in Support. There is even a monthly drawing to reward us employees just for showing up to work on time for the entire month. Who does that? Managers are taking new team members out to lunch, and everyone goes on off site activities all the time. We even get paid when customers send in kudos about us. I keep seeing new ways of employee recognition thought up by management. Also free lunch for the whole company every Tuesday and free snacks delivered every week. But these are all just perks. The real benefit is the culture of learning and improving. Everyone is highly skilled and all are eager to share their expertise. The path from beginner to System Administrator and beyond is uniquely possible in a relatively short time. Oh, and we all share profits twice a year! Advancement potential is real and there are many avenues for growth, and

I've worked for companies where I didn't feel valued and was absolutely miserable. I love working with InMotion and the core values they adhere to. This is a company you'll want to establish yourself with and

Cons

It's usually pretty busy, but not exactly a con as long as you like to work. The work-life balance gets blurred as you develop friendships with your team mates.

Advice to Management

You guys are awesome! Thank you for making us feel valued and listening to our feedback.

"3+ Years with InMotion Hosting and loving it!"

I have been working at InMotion Hosting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very relaxed work atmosphere with great benefits and perks. The staff of 200+ is very friendly and outgoing which makes the office a great place to be productive. The free weekly lunches, profit share twice a year, great growth opportunity, and being able to wear jeans to work are great additions as well.

Cons

Though there is plenty of growth for many departments to move to more senior positions there are some departments that have a glass roof. If you are willing to learn new skill sets there are a lot of opportunity for new positions in other departments.