InPhenix Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Love working here"

Former Employee - Product Engineer in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Product Engineer in Livermore, CA

I worked at InPhenix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) Great place to learn hands-on skills. Many opportunities to develop different skill set.
    2) Company is always happy to listen and act on employee's voice. Many channels you can speak of your ideas, such as CAPA, review meeting, autonomous mails.
    3) Company meeting is extremely efficient at Inphenix. Never waste time.
    4) Game events, lunch meetup, awesome coworkers
    5) Management is experienced and working hard

Cons

At this moment I cannot think of any major cons. I did have some minor concerns, but I was able and felt comfortable to address them to the leaders.

Advice to Management

Keep up motivating team. Continue to improve team communication.

"Hard to Work For"

I worked at InPhenix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only one: after you leave here, all other companies seems pretty decent.

Cons

Management do not have a lot of managerial experiences. They think they are the kings and queens, and they own you, so they treat you like you are worthless.

Advice to Management

Employee get paid to work for you, not to be your slaves.

"process engineer(more than a year)"

I have been working at InPhenix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am R&D process engineer in this company. There are many R&D projects on-going right now. I have learned a lot from my work. Some incompetence people got fired recently and feel angry about the company. They are pretending to be current employee and saying bad things about the company. I just don't like this kind of coward behavior.

Cons

Lack of engineers. Need more qualified engineers to join the R&D team. Right now, engineers need to take care of a few projects at the same time.

"Great Opportunities Here"

Pros

(1) Fantastic Fab
    (2) Cutting edge technologies
    (3) Great products in a fast growing market
    (4) Friendly working environment

Cons

This company hasn't enough engineers and technicians. This drives everyone here busy and to be multi-task worker. But, if you want to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your skills, you will like it.

"Great Place to Start Your Career and Plenty Opportunities to Learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

I have been working at InPhenix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1) Great products in a niche market
    2) Strong engineering team and technical knowledge
    3) Friendly colleagues and most people work very hard here
    4) Lots of learning opportunities

Cons

Since this is a small private company, everybody needs to work on multiple job positions. Everybody is busy as a bee here. So if you are looking for an easy-relaxing place to work, this is not the place. But you can definitely learn a lot.

Advice to Management

Management shall learn more on how to motivate employees to feel more committed to the company.

"The 2 reviews posted on Mar 7 and 11,. are company mgt. reviews and not real reviews"

I have been working at InPhenix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you need a check, then take the job. Plenty of free parking. Some pretty Chinese girls that are fresh into the USA. Lots of places to eat are close. The building is large so lots of places to hide and sleep. No one wants to take charge, or they get yelled at or fired so you don't have to worry about people trying to move up.

Cons

Management doesn't want to spend any money on equipment, training, operations or wages. The equipment is bought from e bay and is very old and out dated, think 1980 equipment. Management blames employees for the management failures and yells at employees, until the employee quits or walks out.

Advice to Management

Sell the building and the few accounts that you do have, until then, stop yelling and blaming others for your failures and lack of leadership. The employees can only do so much, with the equipment they are forced to work with.

"Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

I worked at InPhenix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only Pro was it was close to my home. There was nothing else positive I could say about the company/Management.

Cons

Low pay, no business plan, poor quality products.

Advice to Management

Sell the business to a company that wants to invest in the products.

"QUALITY is the biggest lie at Inphenix"

Former Employee - Quality Engineer/Assistant Manager in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer/Assistant Manager in Livermore, CA

I worked at InPhenix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are still a handful of decent, high-quality engineers working for Inphenix, but they are leaving or forced to leave.

Cons

Inphenix delivers its bogus products to customers with Chinese quality and US price. It is cheap and greedy, the two-person management team is aggressive and arrogant. QUALITY is never the priority, it is MONEY, and they can sacrifice everything for its dirty money, including QUALITY and people who work so hard to keep their heads above water.
    In 2015 employees review, management told its employees, (Inphenix lied to its own employees numerous times, and people recorded it, and here is what exactly they said. ), “we have so many customer returns(RMA) in 2014, so there is no salary increase this time, no bonus, and no 401k match”.

Advice to Management

The ugly truth is, employees are becoming working poor, and top-levels become millionaires. Inphenix is greedy in its own way, and could not see any change(s) coming.
    And we need a ZERO star rating for Inphenix.

"Poor Management, No procedure to correct problem"

Current Employee - Manager in Livermore, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Livermore, CA

I have been working at InPhenix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Poor benefits, poor pay, no promotion or advancement. If need a pay check, or H1B visa, then ok for short term employees are nice

Cons

Very poor upper management- not open for idea and upper management badger yell and blame for problem. upper management cheap- buy product and tool from E-bay and do not promote or value people. Most people are here for the H1B visa and minimum wage. Meeting end up screaming, yelling with people being picked on and blamed until they quit or walk out of meeting. 4 people quit in last 2 month people must work week end no over time pay

Advice to Management

upper management will not change yell and blame other people for problem. people scared to say anything or be fired
    need new people to run company and be real leader

InPhenix Response

Feb 12, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for the feedback. Please note that the vast majority of our employees are US citizens or green card holders. In fact only few percentage of employees hold a work visa. We always hope ... More

"Sinking Ship"

I have been working at InPhenix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company unique products. Niche market.

Cons

Poor business plan, poor benefits, low growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Change management and move into 21st century.

InPhenix Response

Oct 9, 2014 – HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for not communicating more clearly about our company goals and future plans. However, we do have quarterly All Hands Meetings and ... More