InVision Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
InVision CEO Clark Valberg
Clark Valberg
  1. Featured Review

"I Feel Like I'm Part of Something Special!"

I have been working at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a 100% virtual company, InVision is creating the model for a way of working that will be much more the norm in the future. And, while the virtual working model is part of what makes InVision special, it is only part of the whole picture. Like any high-growth, successful start-up we work hard but it really feels like any person who is giving it their best effort is leaving a serious mark on the company and can say...

Cons

Like many start-ups, there are growing pains. Sometimes those things can be a minor irritant, but at least I feel like I can tell someone about it and they will want to make it better and help make sure I'm okay. I have also seen active improvements being made to employee raised issues in the year that I've been here. Our perks and benefits keep getting improved (and they're as good as most great tech employers already),...

Advice to Management

- Keep making it a safe environment to ask questions - Keep the top down communication happening - Continue to invest in developing the people that are here. Many of us are willing to work our butts off to stay as the performance bar gets higher

InVision2019-02-06

"Amazing culture, great opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales Operations

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love working here. Lots to learn. Great impactful opportunities. Leaders are attentive and care

Cons

You need to be comfortable working remotely (home/coffee shop/wework) as we don't have office space

InVision2019-07-01

"Career-launching company, talented people, growth opportunities, autonomy, exciting industry, etc"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots talented, quality people here. High bar as InVision attracts top talent all over the world, so the co is full of self-motivated, high caliber folks. Autonomy to be creative/entrepreneurial. Exciting growth stage (see career-launching list by Wealthfront if relevant to your interests)

Cons

Remote is certainly for me, but it's not for everybody..self-awareness and proactivity is key to making this a successful setup. Definitely mid-stage growth co and not all processes are dialed in - pros and cons to this - def pro to me to be able to add value in material way, but not for everybody.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage new ideas and strategies rather than resting on what has worked in the past (explore and exploit). Continue to reward folks for stepping outside of their specific job description to explore new ways to add value. Continue to invest in strong culture and people's career interests. Keep long term thinking/vision, not racing for short term value extraction.

InVision2019-06-23

"Amazing work environment"

Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing work life balance, pay is good with a set structure to advance. Company culture is great, everyone is happy to be here and passionate about the company & the work! The benefits and perks are fantastic, you cant beat work from home.

Cons

None so far, I've loved working . here!

InVision2019-05-20

"Look no further!"

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truly feel as though I am part of something dynamic and innovative. This is the first role I have had that has been 100% remote and InVision has made it so much easier to get acclimated. The work/life balance is great and I feel valued on a daily basis. There are also excellent and competitive perks/benefits.

Cons

There have been some typical growing pains but it's a good problem to have! The organization is hiring smart, talented individuals and we're growing rapidly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. It is clear employees are being heard and valued. Continue being transparent. The last few all company meetings have been great!

InVision2019-04-29

"There is no better place to be!"

I have been working at InVision full-time

Pros

I am so proud to call InVision home. We have amazing products and people! Below are a few reasons I believe make Invision different than any other company. People- We all take our co-ownership very seriously and I have been able to work with some of the smartest industry leaders around. Being a fully distributed workforce allows us to work with others that you may have never had the opportunity to meet in a “traditional”...

Cons

Traditional growing pains that companies have in growth mode As a leader, being able to understand effective, efficient and meaningful communication models in a fully distributed workforce can be challenging at times

Advice to Management

Continue being humble leaders. It’s refreshing and needed in an environment that is fast paced and ever changing.

InVision2019-04-25

"It’s an exciting time to be working here!"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hyper growth Remote work allows for more time - both professional and personal time Best days are ahead of us, not behind

Cons

Pervasive autonomy lead to extra cycles to make sure everyone is on the same page

Advice to Management

Keep investing in growth

InVision2019-04-10

"One of the best places I've worked"

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Autonomy, opportunity for growth, encouraging team and leadership, and a fully remote and distributed team. And the flexibility to be a real human, I'm a parent and often have to feed someone, take someone to the doctor or step in when childcare falls through. It's an incredible feeling to be able to do impactful work while being available and present with my family.

Cons

Figuring out how to work fully remote and distributed around the globe. Learning to leave the house and talk to others in real life!

Advice to Management

Be transparent and over communicating what's going on is a best practice given how the company runs.

InVision2019-04-09

"Incredible place to work! Great culture, wonderful teammates, room for advancement—I love it here!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager of Design Community Partnerships

I have been working at InVision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The team is absolutely phenomenal. I'm working with some of the most talented people in the world (literally, since we can hire the best talent on earth as a fully distributed company). I've been with the company for nearly 4 years, and seeing us grow from 50 employees when I interviewed to 800+ employees worldwide in that short period of time has been nothing short of breathtaking. We have maintained an exceptional company...

Cons

There is always room for growth, regardless of how fantastic a workplace is. I'd say one area for improvement would be defining clear cut career ladder paths. Having grown this rapidly, it was a bit impossible to define them up to this point, but going forward I think it will be important.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. InVision is an absolutely incredible place to work, and I can't wait to see what our future holds!

InVision2019-04-09

"Best of all the worlds"

I have been working at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing can compare to working remote. Having the autonomy to do what you want and need in your life- nothing compares. Additionally, they hire top talent, you know you are working with smart and bright people from all over the industry.

Cons

Remote work isn't for everyone We are a fast growing company, things change often, you need to be ok with change and being flexible

Advice to Management

It's a continuous challenge when you have 800 people working all over the world, but the team is making great strides to try to connect and continue to communicate with all the teams.

InVision2018-12-06