InVue Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
InVue President & CEO Jim Sankey
Jim Sankey

""I enjoy coming to work""

Current Employee - Fully Engaged Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Fully Engaged Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at InVue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Privately held company with a proven track record of success. Our owner continues to invest in R&D and challenges us to come up with the next big idea.
    We just moved into a newly constructed, high-end corporate headquarters with plenty of perks for employees. I feel proud and energized walking into the office every day Senior management has high standards and expects their employees to perform; so it may not be a fit for everyone. Personally, I have loved the challenge and find that senior management rewards and recognizes their employees accordingly.

Cons

None to share at the moment

Advice to Management

Maybe you should have less employee outings, team events, rewards luncheons, cooking competitions, corn hole tournaments, company charity events, beer and wine Friday's, free soft drinks, pizza parties, company paid breakfast and holiday events. HAHA Just kidding. Keep up the great work!

"Growing global company with a lot of potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at InVue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

InVue is a fast paced environment with talented, dedicated people. I think it is an exciting place to work, although I can understand how it wouldn't be a fit for everyone. It is a transparent culture of performance and accountability, which I believe helps drive InVue's product innovation. There is a significant amount of upside here if the company can scale without losing its product innovation edge.

Cons

InVue has had some growing pains expanding from a small/mid-sized organization into a large company, but nothing unusual for a company that wants to grow and improve. It is a lean organization, which means resources are thin on some projects. However that also means every role in the company, no matter how small, is seen as critical (a positive in my opinion).

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in new products and people. Communicate the vision for the future of the company to employees more often.

"Brazil Country Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at InVue full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Disruptive solutions and technology leadership

Cons

Management team and lack of strategy to develop people

"High turnover - an intense culture of fear."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Products are truly industry leading. Profits are enormous. Large investment in R&D. Talented, smart, hard-working employees. Salaries are very good.

Cons

Bizarre and intense micromanagement. Very poor work/life balance. Huge turnover and instability issues (check them on LinkedIn, they are always hiring even though total headcount is consistent). Intense fear - talented people either leave after suffering burnout or are passed over for promotion. Employees are often terminated for vague reasons without notice. Owner believes high turnover creates motivated employees. Goal of 25% revenue growth year over year seems arbitrary.

Advice to Management

Trust that hiring great people with great experience and education means that their ideas are worth listening to. Why invest in such talented, accomplished people only to get rid of them in 2-3 years?

InVue Response

Oct 5, 2016

I appreciate the feedback and I am disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience in your role. There are times when we have to really hunker down and meet deadlines, which does mean longer ... More

"Growing company with strong commitment to R&D, its customers, and its employees."

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at InVue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

InVue is a privately owned, financially stable, and debt free company that has a proven history of growth and innovation. It sounds like a tag line, but over the past 5 years, InVue has grown an average of 20% year on year . The sense of community inside the work environment is strong and a refreshing change from other places I've been. Another big draw for me was the quick development cycles which means I get to work on different things quite often.

Cons

Since InVue is growing quickly, there are associated growing pains. Our engineering department size is a direct reflection of that growth as we have expanded somewhat proportionally too. With that growth comes the challenges of remaining efficient and nimble. As we grow, we are having to develop and implement processes (where necessary) to continue to foster the efficiency that we've historically had. Not all changes are welcome changes, but it comes with the territory and I think InVue has done a good job of only implementing processes where they are beneficial.

Advice to Management

We need to ensure our metrics are truly measuring what we think they are and we need to evaluate our incentives to make sure they are encouraging the desired behaviors.

"Innovative & Collaborative Environment"

I have been working at InVue full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong core values centered around integrity, honesty, team work, winning, and customer service. A great environment for passionate self-starters who thrive on taking calculated risks and who want to make a positive difference for customers and the company.

Cons

Not the best environment for people who do not want to be challenged or do not want to be held accountable for their performance.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in training and career development opportunities for employees.

"Micromanagement, culture of fear, and extremely low morale"

I have been working at InVue full-time

Pros

They pay well but trust me, its not worth it

Cons

Management that intimidates, degrades, and micromanages like nothing I have ever experienced before.

Managers will actually call people/customers to verify your reports.

You spend your days walking around on egg shells praying you don't miss something or say something wrong.

Morale is so unhealthy most people just bury their heads in their desks. Its a toxic environment that drains the life out of you.

Advice to Management

All you are doing is driving great people out of the company, killing productivity, and extinguishing the fire to achieve. The micro-management is out of control and is destroying the company. You want to grow by 20% every year in a market that is shrinking and playing "big brother" every day to highly trained professionals doesn't make them want to get up in the morning and sacrifice for you.

"Full-Time Employee"

Pros

Thankfully made a wise decision to leave after a year of working here

Cons

Poor leadership, fraternity/good ole boys atmosphere, leaders gossip and belittle employees, no room for growth, micromanagement 24/7, low integrity from leaders, will feel used as time wears on. Run from this place after 1 month of working, trust me!!!!!

Advice to Management

Give yourselves a paycut

InVue Response

Oct 5, 2016 – HR Director

I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience. We strive to have an open and collaborative environment where employees feel supported and can accomplish great things. We thank you for your ... More

"Invue is truly a welcome change of pace in my career"

I have been working at InVue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve been with Invue for approximately 2 years and have had a very positive experience so far. While I don’t really care of the use of buzzwords, I will say that work with Invue is in fact dynamic, collaborative and culture focused (as others have noted). Despite the intense focus on performance and quality of work, management is generally very fair with regards to people’s personal time and ensuring a good work/home balance. Not that there aren’t occasional night and weekends to put in some additional time, but they tend to be the exception not the rule. If you are kind of personal that truly likes a collaborative work environment, Invue is definitely a place to consider… there is more peer to peer interaction every day at this company than I’ve ever experienced in my career. As others have mentioned, Invue is a financially healthy company and that drives a lot of positivity around the office and flexibility for us to challenge ourselves. I’ve worked in plenty of other environments where the financial limitations of the company preventing us from pushing limits and caused a lot of taking the “safe road”; I’ve never seen a hint of that here.

Cons

Our rapid growth and strong position in the market set a high bar for employee performance here, so the environment isn’t going to be for everyone. There’s plenty of pressure from management to get things done faster and more efficiently and some people are wired to “enjoy” that type of working pace more than others. If you don’t like to be pushed (sometimes out of your comfort zone), this may not be the type of place you’d want to work.

"Great place for entrepreneurial innovators."

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at InVue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth oriented with focus on achievement and results. Invests in people and company. Encourages personal risk and experimentation. High integrity management with great values and expects honest candid dialog on the issues. Open door policy and politics at a bare minimum, means the best ideas move forward regardless of authorship and lesser ideas get killed before taking up precious resources that could have been better served elsewhere. finger-pointing not tolerated but taking responsibility and performing lessons learned sessions is the expectation.

Cons

Not a great place to work if you are just looking for a 9-5 job where you can just be on "cruise control."

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on recognition of the right behaviors of employees when observed, even when the activity has not resulted in an actual "win" yet.