Indeed Seattle Reviews

4.2
Indeed CEO Chris Hyams
Chris Hyams

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Indeed and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Lot

Jan 30, 2021 - Client Services Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits bonus vacation holidays extra

Cons

No time, overloads , boring, no attention

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work with good work/life balance

Jan 19, 2021 - Software Engineering Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Indeed offers open PTO and doesn't require its engineers to work death marches; management cares about its employees. The mission to help people get jobs is a very positive one.

Cons

Review time can be very heavy with paperwork and promotion is a very formal, high-documentation process.

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not the worst, but definitely not the best place to work

Feb 17, 2021 - Staff Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open PTO and okay salary. Before the lockdown we had a good office.

Cons

Questionable management. Almost no visible innovation. Business growing by numbers, but not much exciting is happening therefore it's very hard to find a good spot where you don't need to simulate impact but actually do it and grow professionally. Because of the above, performance evaluation is not great at all.

3 people found this review helpful

Indeed Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re disappointed to read you feel this way as we want all our employees to feel value for the work they do. As we continue to grow and evolve as a company, we hope to give our employees the opportunities to do the same. We encourage managers to have ongoing conversations with their teams, especially on career development so they can identify any gaps to provide the support they need to develop in their career. We have internal training programs to ensure that we give employees the right tools to succeed, along with programs to support performance feedback to ensure fairness of those who advance in the company. If you feel your line management is not providing you the support to grow in your career, please reach out to your HRBP for assistance. If you have any additional feedback that you feel comfortable sharing with us, please do not hesitate to send an email to us at inside@indeed.com.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

good

Dec 4, 2020 - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- good benefits - good culture and working env.

Cons

- could have better training

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Might be time to move on

Jan 7, 2020 - Product Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life is unsurpassed. Unlimited PTO means what it says. Each new office is better than the last. Very good offices. Hexes are way better than a super open office. Helping people get jobs is cool.

Cons

- Lots of gatekeepers telling you “no”. - Others mentioned your projects being blocked on the infrastructure teams. This is not a joke. That org is toxic to any kind of innovation. - Lots of abandonware legacy home brew internal tools that need to go way - Indeed says it’s data driven but doesn’t invest in its data tools. The primary way to gather data is a horrible internal tool that needs to go. - Development is super slow. Easy features can take more than a quarter to get into production despite what the vanity metrics management has put in place say. - leadership uses vanity metrics that developers and QA get evaluated on, which leads to people playing games with JIRA tickets to boost their numbers. - we are filling the ranks with tons of middle managers who need to justify their jobs and think they need to weigh in on every decision. This slows things down. - LTIPs take three years to pay out. A promotion doesn’t pay market rate for three years. You are better leaving the company than waiting for your LTIPS. - leadership makes sweeping organizational changes and doesn’t actually do any leadership like explain how those changes will help. - leadership has no vision. It is all the blind leading the blind.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful

Indeed Response

Employer Brand Program Manager

Thanks for leaving a review of your work experience at our Seattle office and your 5+ years of service at Indeed. We’re disappointed to see this review rated so low, as you mentioned a lot of positives that make Indeed such a great place to work, such as the work/life balance, Open PTO and of course, our unified company mission of helping people get jobs. That said, no company is perfect and there’s always room to improve. With growth comes some growing pains. As we continue to grow, our systems (even some of the legacy ones, as you mention) and procedures will also be adapting to keep up with the change. Indeed is well positioned and laser-focused to ensure our 10,000 employees globally have the most efficient tools, systems and processes to allow us to best deliver on our mission. LTIPs are aptly named for ‘Long Term Incentive Plan’, to reward those who stay at a company. This is similar to how RSUs operate at many publicly traded companies, where their granted shares vest over a 3 or 4 year period. In today’s job market, job hopping is to be expected, but we encourage and pride ourselves on employee development, even if it means that someday our employees move on to another role not with Indeed. If there is any additional feedback you would like to share, please send an email to inside@indeed.com. All emails are kept confidential and only used only for feedback to senior leadership.

6. 5.0

Great company actually

Nov 6, 2020 - Software Development Engineer (SDE) in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

unlimited PTO and nice compensation

Cons

level ups are not so fast

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Product

Jul 8, 2020 - Product Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best culture of any Tech company I've ever worked at

Cons

'Lean Startup' based product development philosophy (A|B test - driven development) works well in many ways but often results in products losing cohesion in terms of design and vision. Emphasis on short-term impact in performance evaluations creates a strong disincentive to prioritize important work that takes more than a quarter to show value.

8 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Senior SDE at Indeed

Oct 5, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers, nice workspace, some interesting problems to tackle, excellent work life balance.

Cons

Tech debt, depending on the team, painful leveling up process.

9. 5.0

Great company

Jun 7, 2020 - Product Designer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with great culture and perks!

Cons

Nothing I can think of

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The company you want to stay at

Nov 14, 2019 - Product Commercialization Strategist in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great high growth company that values employees and the jobseekers and employers we serve. Values innovation. Amazing work culture. Amazing leadership. Great pay and opportunities for growth relative to the market. Best work life balance of any company I've ever worked for.

Cons

Indeed has grown so quickly for so long that we're just now making the shift to behaving like the large enterprise we are. There's some growing pains, company leadership is extremely engaged and helping us grow into our next phase.

1 person found this review helpful