Independence University Admissins Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Eric Juhlin
  1. "I LOVE My Career!"

Current Employee - Admissions Consultant in Remote, OR

I have been working at Independence University full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great schedule! Work from home (remotely). Salary Promotion within.

Cons

There are none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

Independence University2019-06-19
  2. "Great work/life balance"

Current Employee - Junior Financial Planner in Remote, OR

I have been working at Independence University full-time for less than a year

Pros

I didn't think I would like working from home, but I love that there is no commute and management is extremely supportive. Even though I work remote, there are still team meetings via zoom and one on one's with my boss which makes me still feel part of a team. Open communication and praise when you hit your metrics. Training and ongoing training is provided to ensure you are successful. There is an evident culture...

Cons

The pay isn't great, however it is a great trade off for working from home.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive work environment and ongoing support you provide to your employees in order to grow/develop. Thank you!

Independence University2019-06-19
  3. "Student Services Position"

Current Employee - SSA in Remote, OR

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Getting to help, and meet exciting New people everyday! Very rewarding to help a student get to graduation.

Cons

Time, certainly not enough time to accomplish the tasks that should be taken care of. However we make it work!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! I love IU!

Independence University2019-06-18
  4. "Love Working at Independence University"

Current Employee - Student Services Advisor in Remote, OR

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I really enjoy working for Independence University! They work hard to keep employees informed, provide us with the tools we need to be successful in our jobs, and they help us to set and reach our goals. The people I work with are interested in helping each other and we have a warm and friendly working environment. Management is great to encourage and train us. They work hard to continuously evaluate and improve to provide...

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about Independence University!

5. "Feedback on IU"

Current Employee - Student Services Advisor

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible, great atmosphere, great team, leadership listens and tries their best to work with you, positive, always changing and trying to improve, work with great students and your leaders will back you.

Cons

Always changing and getting new responsibility without your load being lightened. It can get really hard try to keep up with all of the things we are required to do. Luckily our leadership is forgiving and works with you. However, for the amount of things we do the compensation sometimes doesn't feel worth it. We are also held accountable for things we can't control. For example, our metrics. We can't control the effort...

Advice to Management

The changes that are being made to the SS dept are good. A lot of things have improved. Before we get any more responsibilities that we have to do, please consider the amount of work that we already have. Thank you!

Independence University2019-06-18
  6. "amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Student Services Advisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Schedule flexibility, pay is good, environment is great, advancement opportunities are available. Most of it has a great culture

Cons

none great company to work for

Advice to Management

keep up what you are doing because it is working

Independence University2019-06-18
  7. "Great employer to work for"

Current Employee - Student Services Advisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have really love working for Independence University because of the staff I work with. We really have a close knit group we work with and the students are wonderful to help. I really have learned a great deal about being an advisor as I have grown in my job.

Cons

There really are no down sides for me working here at Independence University. My experience has been very positive.

Advice to Management

I think we need to continue to strengthen our student advisors and give them even more by way of pay as I believe we are still a bit below the national average for our jobs.

Independence University2019-06-18
  8. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Admissions Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Independence University full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best hours I have ever had. Salaried position so no worries about fluctuating commission. Positive environment. The ability to work from home which I love. Company has integrity and good values.

Cons

On the phones all day can be a grind, but only working 8 hours a day it goes by fast.

Advice to Management

N/A

Independence University2019-06-18
  9. "not just a company, but a family"

Current Employee - Junior Financial Planner in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than a year

Pros

family style environment, positive attitudes, management help

Cons

pay, favoritism, metrics are excessive.

10. "So far, so good"

Current Employee - Admissions Consultant in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Independence University full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great 6 week training. Technology provided (desktop, monitors, headset) for position. Work from home.

Cons

Limited to no social interaction. No option to use a laptop in case desktop crashes. High cost for benefits for a family.

Found 232 reviews