Independence University Assistant Director of Admissions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2018

Found 3 reviews

5.0
Eric Juhlin

"Assistant Director of Admissions"

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The environment is like a family. Our Leadership team is top notch and always looking for ways to improve and better serve our students. Students are number 1 at IU. I am able to have a work/life balance. Getting to work from home and impact students in a positive way makes my career so rewarding. The opportunities are great at IU. They promote from within almost 100% of the time.

Cons

None that I have experienced.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing!

Independence University2018-03-19

June 6, 2018VP Operations

Thanks for the great feedback! It is dedicated employees like you that make the difference. Stephanie Williamson

2. "Great place"

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast-paced, high level of performance, supportive, encourages growth, work from home

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time

Independence University2017-04-22

April 30, 2017Sr Director of Growth/Development

Thank you for the positive feedback and all of your hard work at Independence University! -Stephanie Williamson

"Assistant Director of Admissions"

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Millcreek, UT

I worked at Independence University full-time

Pros

Good pay as far as online universities are concerned. There is opportunity for advancement, although rare. Free degree if you can work there long enough.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate. Horribly micromanaged, unrealistic sales quotas with mostly bad leads. Committing student loan fraud and incentivising staff with gift cards and other bonuses which is against the law for a non - profit university. Don't work there!

Advice to Management

Abide by the laws! It's not supposed to be sales in a non - profit school! Make realistic goals and give the managers a chance to manage their teams instead of so much micromanagement. Stop enrolling students that have no chance of success.

Independence University2016-11-18

November 21, 2016Vice President Admissions

I appreciate and welcome constructive feedback from both current and former employees. But this post is absolute slander. If you were truly an ADOA you would know and understand that it is not possible for us to “give bonuses”. All Admissions staff are paid the exact same regardless ...

Found 3 reviews