Independence University Senior Financial Planner Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2018

Found 7 reviews

4.5
Eric Juhlin
  1. "Sr. Financial Planner"

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Option to work from home, great salary, and close knit team atmosphere

Cons

Working from Home and Online can be tough to keep a sense of motivation. It takes a special individual with a strong work ethic to make those conditions work for them, not against them.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep Interoffice Unity a priority and everyone behind the same goal - investing in the student.

Independence University2017-07-03

July 31, 2017VP Operations

Thank you for the positive feedback! Working from home is a great benefit but it can prove challenging to stay motivated. We are always looking for new ways to keep our remote employees engaged. Stephanie Williamson

2. "Awesome place to work!!"

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Independence University is by far the best company that I have worked for. I have been with the company since 2013 and have experienced so much here, the leadership is awesome and working here feels more like a family than going to work everyday. We all work together towards one goal, we do so many exciting things here which is why the teams are so close!! I have learned so much in working in my craft and love working...

Cons

nothing really bad to say

Advice to Management

My experience here has been the best and to the Senior Leadership just keep making the processes that we have better as you do!

Independence University2017-06-28

June 6, 2018VP Operations

Thanks for the awesome feedback! This is exactly what we want to hear! Stephanie Williamson

3. "Sr. Financial Planner"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Planner in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a great, fast paced, rewarding environment. You get to feel like you are really impacting student's futures which is great!

Cons

This school is expensive which makes it hard for some students. It can also be stressful and very numbers oriented.

Advice to Management

Things change all the time! It can be hard to keep up - we need more warning or help sometimes.

Independence University2017-06-28
  4. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Planner in Murray, UT

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for IU for nearly 5.5 years. During that time I have been able to help numerous students literally change their lives. The lower management team within Admissions is amazing and does a wonderful job motivating their employees, and uplifting those who could use a little boost. The pay is amazing compared to other similar career colleges. Employees are able to work from home which gives people the opportunity...

Cons

Upper management seems to use scare tactics to motivate employees which doesn't work from what I have seen. 9/10 times, employees are left deflated and end up moving on to other companies. There are no pay increases whatsoever, so starting salary is what you are paid the entirety of the time you work here.

Advice to Management

Don't use scare tactics. It deflates lower-level employees and destroys any morale that may have been there before. Give opportunities for pay increases or even little promotions for employees who are top performers or those who show the most promise at annual reviews.

Independence University2017-05-15

September 7, 2017VP Operations

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate positivity and a competitive drive and I totally agree that we employ only the highest caliber of people! Stephanie Williamson

5. "Financial Planner"

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the atmosphereC . Love working from home. We all have a job to do and I love being able to work as a huge team to overcome obstacles to get our students into school. Most of our employees are caring, fun, hard working and most importantly, willing to go the extra mile to teach you what you need to do your job better. The management has team builders outside of work, we play softball and sand volleyball together...

Cons

I don't have any negatives to say about IU. If you do your job, you keep your job! Respect, you get respected.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Independence University2016-09-25

"Financial planner"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Planner in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than a year

Pros

The salary is high for little to no education.

Cons

Each employee is micromanaged with unrealistic expectations. It's all about your numbers.

Advice to Management

Incorporate what top Fortune 500 companies are implementing as company culture and management style. Management has revolutionized, but has not at this company.

Independence University2016-04-06
  7. "Great Company with Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Planner in Salt Lake City

I have been working at Independence University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone at the company is super helpful and willing to work hard in order to get you where you need to be. It's fast-paced and allows you to learn and build your skills in a short amount of time. You can attend school for free after one year. They have flexible hours and coworkers are great.

Cons

It is hard to have consistency, a lot of changes happen because the government makes a lot of changes as well.

Independence University2018-01-24