Found 8 of over 471 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Employees are able to work from home which gives people the opportunity to have an amazing job with an amazing company where they may not have had the opportunity otherwise given the city in which they live." (in 48 reviews)
- "Remote and great pay!" (in 36 reviews)
- "The people are great and really helpful." (in 27 reviews)
- "Their training is great." (in 23 reviews)
- "The team I worked with in Health Sciences was amazing" (in 13 reviews)
- "Management is terrible" (in 25 reviews)
- "Benefits can be expensive." (in 14 reviews)
- "Procedures are changed frequently and upper management is a bipolar mess." (in 10 reviews)
- "fun flirtatious manager was awesome and fun but also a total distraction at times." (in 6 reviews)
- "No job security if metrics weren’t met" (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Independence University and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "lost their accreditation"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Aug 11, 2021Assistant Director of Financial PlannersFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsPhoenix, AZ
Hired from within and great pay up to mgmt level.
lost accreditation and just did a mass layoff of 90% of their employees
- 3.0Jul 23, 2021Student AdvisorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSalt Lake City, UT
Flexible, understanding, and wonderful experience.
Accreditation issues, employment is ending.
- 1.0Apr 8, 2019Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Good income, lots of good people
Worst upper management I have ever worked with. Changes every 5 minutes and additions to your job requirements with no adjustment for performance standard or pay (they don't give raises). School is currently on probation with their accrediting body, and has no trust or respect in the community.9
- 2.0Aug 10, 2021Admissions ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Remote and great pay! Those two are the only pros. There is nothing good about working here.
Unrealistic goals needing to be met, micro management to the fullest, high tuition, schools accreditation on probation, guaranteeing language used to recruit students.
- 1.0Aug 9, 2021Assistant RegistrarFormer Employee, more than 8 years
We were able to work remote
Sketchy school that couldn't keep accreditation, laid off all employees with little warning.
- 3.0Jul 30, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Great work environment, awesome colleagues, wonderful supervisor, flexible schedule, open communication
low pay, school closing, accreditation issues, little room for advancement