KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 74 of over 76 reviews

4.2
Independent Capital Management President and CEO Drew Marloe
Drew Marloe
Pros
  • "ICM is a Great Place to build a Career and Business(in 17 reviews)

• "ICM has a great training program(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Leads and referrals are what you bring yourself(in 7 reviews)

• "Long hours, but it is recommended for success(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great work environment

Oct 13, 2021 - Financial Advisor in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and grow!

Cons

Don’t expect it to be given to you

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

excellent entry to financial industry

Jan 20, 2020 - Construction Loan Officer in Torrance, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

small office environment, excellent opportunity to grow quickly within the organization or change directions to a financial consultant including training

Cons

can be a stressful environment

3. The latest conversations about Finance

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Registered Rep

Nov 21, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, nice managers and decent office.

Cons

Pressured into wrong contract. Take salary if you’re just starting out

5. 2.0
      Former Employee

Not fun

May 16, 2019 - Financial Advisor Management Trainee
      Business Outlook

Pros

You are your own boss

Cons

told me I'd be a management trainee and when I was about to sign uop, said I'd have to be a registered representative. Salary is 40% of commisions and you have to bring your own clients. bonuses for performing, but not that great.

1 person found this review helpful

President

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We believe ICM is place where our employees have a great opportunity to thrive and excel. I’m sorry to hear that you had confusion regarding the position and licensing. In order to assist clients with their finances, we require our advisors to obtain the appropriate state registrations. We do have a Management Trainee program at ICM which requires you to gain experience as a Financial Advisor and obtain additional licenses and experience in order to manage others. I am disappointed to hear that you feel our compensation is “not that great.” Please know that our HR and Management teams routinely review our compensation structure to ensure we have extremely competitive payouts when compared to other financial advisory firms. Our registered representatives who are working and hit their performance bonuses are extremely well compensated based on industry standards. I wish you all the best in your new job.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great to see a company help middle America

Jan 22, 2019 - Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited earning potential while working for an established 30+ year old stable / independent company

Cons

Easy to become comfortable

Continue reading
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Financial Advisor

Apr 18, 2018 - Financial Advisor in Newport Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Training and Culture. Management goes above and beyond to foster a welcoming environment.

Cons

N/A- well run ship here.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Division Manager-Registered Principal/Investment Advisor/Board of Directors

Feb 21, 2018 - Division Manager-Board of Directors in West Covina, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

ICM is a Great Place to build a Career and Business. We help with getting Advisors licensed and fully Trained to build a Long Term Career in the Financial Services Industry. Our Managers Goal is to help our Advisors. You must be willing to put the time and EFFORT to learn the business. You can find Long Term SUCCESS with our company and industry with Time and Effort. Independence is also very Important to help clients with Non-Proprietary Products and Services.

Cons

You have to pass tests and get licensed to work as an Advisor in our Industry. Must have a good background and Credit history. Once licensed, you must follow through with what you said you would do in the interview process. Phone calling, Marketing, Networking, Constant Training, Compliance, and whatever it takes to learn the business and industry. The Income will follow. Some people take the Salary Option. Most work 100% Commission to make the Most Income! Be your own Business Mentality!

6 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for taking the time to review! It's because of your hard work and dedication that we have this shared success. Thank you for choosing to bring your talents to ICM.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to be at!

Feb 19, 2018 - Administrative Assistant in West Covina, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have regular work hours to be with my family, and there is a lot of opportunity for career growth with this company.

Cons

I haven’t came across any cons.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Financial Advisor Position Review

Feb 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A good training program and enjoyable work environment, lots of help available from an advise perspective.

Cons

Strong reliance on knowing contacts and very much are building your own business, and in that aspect, you are on your own, more or less.

Continue reading
    11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work - Awesome co-workers

Oct 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

We have flexible working hours as long as you hit your targets I feel comfortable approaching Senior Leadership when I need advice The managers are always available, engaged, & take employee suggestions seriously Clear path for career advancement Constant, ongoing in-office training Smart & fun colleagues who want to see everyone succeed No product limitations

Cons

This job is not for everyone... self-starters only. Obtaining industry licenses & building your BOB requires self-discipline.

2 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for sharing your experience at ICM. It's because of your hard work and dedication that we have this shared success.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 74 Reviews