Independent Capital Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 69 reviews

4.5
Independent Capital Management CEO Drew Marloe
Drew Marloe
Pros
  • "ICM is a great place to start a financial services career(in 5 reviews)

• "Growth within the office comes to those who are willing to put in the work and have a strong entrepreneurial spirit(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Phone calling, Marketing, Networking, Constant Training, Compliance, and whatever it takes to learn the business and industry(in 2 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

1. "Great to see a company help middle America"

Current Employee - Manager in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Unlimited earning potential while working for an established 30+ year old stable / independent company

Cons

Easy to become comfortable

Advice to Management

Keep bringing motivated younger employees into the business and be willing to train them

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent Training and Culture. Management goes above and beyond to foster a welcoming environment.

Cons

N/A- well run ship here.

"Division Manager-Registered Principal/Investment Advisor/Board of Directors"

Current Employee - Division Manager-Board of Directors in West Covina, CA

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

ICM is a Great Place to build a Career and Business. We help with getting Advisors licensed and fully Trained to build a Long Term Career in the Financial Services Industry. Our Managers Goal is to help our Advisors. You must be willing to put the time and EFFORT to learn the business. You can find Long Term SUCCESS with our company and industry with Time and Effort. Independence is also very Important to help clients...

Cons

You have to pass tests and get licensed to work as an Advisor in our Industry. Must have a good background and Credit history. Once licensed, you must follow through with what you said you would do in the interview process. Phone calling, Marketing, Networking, Constant Training, Compliance, and whatever it takes to learn the business and industry. The Income will follow. Some people take the Salary Option. Most...

July 2, 2018President

Thank you for taking the time to review! It's because of your hard work and dedication that we have this shared success. Thank you for choosing to bring your talents to ICM.

"Great place to be at!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in West Covina, CA

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I have regular work hours to be with my family, and there is a lot of opportunity for career growth with this company.

Cons

I haven’t came across any cons.

5. "Financial Advisor Position Review"

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time

Pros

A good training program and enjoyable work environment, lots of help available from an advise perspective.

Cons

Strong reliance on knowing contacts and very much are building your own business, and in that aspect, you are on your own, more or less.

Advice to Management

Put more emphasis on the actual difficulty of getting the income stream going, as opposed to the earning potential.

"Great place to work - Awesome co-workers"

• Overall

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

We have flexible working hours as long as you hit your targets I feel comfortable approaching Senior Leadership when I need advice The managers are always available, engaged, & take employee suggestions seriously Clear path for career advancement Constant, ongoing in-office training Smart & fun colleagues who want to see everyone succeed No product limitations

Cons

This job is not for everyone... self-starters only. Obtaining industry licenses & building your BOB requires self-discipline.

February 5, 2018President

Thank you for sharing your experience at ICM. It's because of your hard work and dedication that we have this shared success.

"Financial Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in South Pasadena, CA

Pros

Mentorship. The managers always have your best interest in mind, and want to see you succeed.

Cons

Occasionally people are resistant to talk with you about their financial plan.

Advice to Management

Continue to support and encourage!

February 5, 2018President

Wow, such great feedback to hear. Our managers truly are committed to our success. Thank you for noticing!

"Great opportunity"

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Love helping people. Great to be with an independent company that is always looking out for the best interests of our clients.

Cons

Not everyone listens to what we recommend. Regulators are limiting what clients we can help now. I want to be able to help everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting all of us the way you do

February 5, 2018President

We are happy to hear that's been your experience. Thank you for choosing to bring your talents to ICM.

"financial advisor"

I have been working at Independent Capital Management full-time

Pros

ability to help people free from proprietary products

Cons

I cannot think of any downsides since it is an entrepreneurial position and it is really up to me and not the company for my success

February 5, 2018President

Thank you for taking the time to review! ICM is 100% independent, so our advisors always create custom tailored solutions for their clients.

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in San Diego, CA

Pros

ICM will give you the training and tools you need in order to succeed in this industry. I feel valued and appreciated as an employee. I enjoy the independence that comes with working at ICM. I run my own business and don't feel like I have a boss looking over my shoulder all the time. However, when I do need help or have questions, everyone is willing to help.

Cons

It does take hard work and sometimes long hours if you want to do well, especially starting out. If you aren't willing to work hard or make phone calls, this job is probably not the best fit for you. For those who are willing, your hard work will pay off.

Advice to Management

The time you invest in training new reps that are coming in does pay off. I felt valued and wanted to work hard because of how much time the managers freed up their schedule to help me.

February 5, 2018President

THANK YOU! With your extensive industry experience, it's great to hear your feedback on our company and culture. We are proud of our flexibility & our many career advancement opportunities.

Found 69 reviews