Indian Oil "work culture" Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 526 reviews

4.0
Indian Oil CEO Shri R S Butola
Shri R S Butola
  1. "Not so great working environment , good perks"

I worked at Indian Oil

Pros

Salary decent , good perks , fixed working hours.

Cons

Work culture not good , work very monotonous.

Indian Oil2013-11-16

"Worst place to start your career"

Current Employee - Operations Officer in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh

I have been working at Indian Oil full-time for more than a year

Pros

One and only thing in favour of IOC is its salary (that too in start only), as compared to other industries in India.

Cons

1. Worst work culture. you will have to do jobs that you cant even think of doing in your wildest dream. 2. Height of corruption, nepotism, regionalism, and prejudiced thinking based on the factors you have never heard of. 3. company boast about its very low attrition rate, let me tell you why, because working here for more than 2 years will kill all of your self-confidence, motivation, knowledge (technical for sure)...

Advice to Management

1. Please stop recruiting best brains of Indian technical pool if the very first thing you expect from them is to Unlearn their engineering. 2. please come out of all those reports, files, circulars, standards and try to see if your employee is satisfied or not.

Indian Oil2013-10-26
  3. "Proud to have been the member of Indian Oil (Fortune 500 Compay) family for nearly 35 years."

Former Employee - Executive in Mumbai

I worked at Indian Oil full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

V good work culture. Compensations and the facilities like medical etc are the best in the industry.

Cons

Accelerated promotions in the executive cadre should be given to the deserving fast track employees based on their performance and not rigidly as per the promotion policy criteria so that they don"t leave the orgn for want of progress in their career.

Advice to Management

Efforts to be made to recruit professionally qualified students from the best Institutes in the country and retain them by giving them special incentives.

Indian Oil2012-07-25
  4. "It has been good working in Indian Oil"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I have been working at Indian Oil full-time

Pros

Stability, job security and good exigency management

Cons

Slow work culture, takes time for job completion

Indian Oil2012-06-25

"my experience is at Indian Oil is satisfactory not very good."

Current Employee - Operations Officer in Chittaurgarh

I have been working at Indian Oil

Pros

Handsome salary perks and allowances facilities for employee Ethics of organisation its policies= medical benefits opportunities to do something new

Cons

promotions and transfers are partial working environment & work culture attitude of IOC staff Management Partiality epms rating and performance appraisals

Indian Oil2012-05-05
  6. "All fuss, not enough substance !"

Current Employee - Project Engineer (Mechanical) in

I have been working at Indian Oil

Pros

Salary is handsome. Work culture is okay. I cannot think of any other pros about this company, so please pardon me.

Cons

No proper attention is paid to employee's ideas. Top management is sadist towards new ideas offered by the employees. Place of postings is horrible to say. Branch related jobs are very less.

Advice to Management

Kindly incorporate the ideas suggested by the employees. Better postings (location wise) should be given. Jobs suiting to ones branch should be alloted.

Indian Oil2012-03-29
  7. "Enriching experience"

Former Employee - Summer Trainee in Chennai

I worked at Indian Oil

Pros

Reasons: 1. Great work culture. 2. Rich with experience. 3. Guides and Mentors guide us in the best way possible. 4. Work authority and flexibility. 5. Recreational activities/ facilities.

Cons

Reasons: 1. Long procedures. 2. Customer advises are not taken. 3. Market share taken for granted. 4. Not much of the investment on infrastructural facilities. 5. Not keeping a regular check on working patterns and time taken.

Indian Oil2012-03-28