Indiegogo Reviews

4.3
Indiegogo CEO Andy Yang
Andy Yang
Pros
Cons
  • "While we’ve built up senior management a lot over the past year, in general, everyone is still figuring out how to work effectively in a larger company(in 3 reviews)

• "Some recent adventures into equity crowdfunding didn’t play out as expected so folks left(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Indiegogo full-time

Pros

Friendly team flexible benefits leadership cares about well-being part of building something great

Cons

no 401k matching some internal operations could be organized a little better

2. "Great place to work! Completely transparent company!"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Indiegogo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Transparent. - Everyone genuinely cares. - No guessing -- managers communicate clearly. - Fun & relaxing office. - Flexible WFH policy.

Cons

- No group outings :( - No 401(k) matching

Continue reading
  3. "Small company, big hustle"

I have been working at Indiegogo full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to work with a group of incredibly dedicated, kind, and intelligent people. There is a good level of transparency that keeps employees fully aware of how the company is doing. Each team is very supportive of each other, as well as with other teams. The core values of the company are very much a part of the culture here, so it is wonderful to see everyone live those values through their work, such as empowerment and collaboration. Benefits are great as well, such as generous health coverage and a dog friendly office!

Cons

Our smaller teams require greater hustle from everyone, but that simply gives each team member more opportunity to shine.

4. "If you're on the right team, you can grow like crazy"

Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at Indiegogo full-time for more than a year

Pros

I truly felt valued during my time at Indiegogo. My managers were fantastic and helped me grow and stretch in ways I didn't expect. I was promoted into a position that truly challenged and excited me and received some life-changing mentorship. At Indiegogo, like anywhere, it really matters what team you're on, and I happened to hit the jackpot. That's not to say things weren't pull-your-hair-out frustrating at times, but when I look back at my time there, my impressions are overwhelmingly positive.

Cons

Things moved quickly while I was there and often suddenly pivoted without explanation or insight into how the change would effect our road map.

5. "Good culture, poor growth potential"

Former Employee - Vertical Market Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Indiegogo full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are generally great, fun office culture, meaningful work depending on your role

Cons

Stagnant growth and poor opportunities for advancement

"I really miss working here."

Former Employee - Product in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Indiegogo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

“Empower the world to bring their ideas to life?” That’s an amazing mission. Its a lovely team of people too. New challenges on the job all the time. Most people are pretty passionate about the work. Colleagues genuinely respect and are supportive of each other. Balance in work hours is great. Company takes diversity seriously. Grown up and stable management team. Really good perks and benefits, fun office. Tasty food and fun events.

Cons

Company growth is solid but not explosive. So you'll learn a lot on the job, but you won't be promoted every six months like some startups. Some recent adventures into equity crowdfunding didn’t play out as expected so folks left. New plans for growth in China still ramping up. Office neighborhood is dirty, although central SF location makes commuting easy.

Continue reading

"Indiegogo still has growing pains, but regardless great place to work"

I have been working at Indiegogo full-time

Pros

Indiegogo has been a great place to work so far. Many teams offer work remote options, my manager has been amazing, and the benefits are fair: 401k, health stipend of $50/month, "gogobucks." My coworkers are mostly awesome. :)

Cons

The company itself is experiencing growing pains even though it's been around about 10 years now. There isn't much room to grow in your career at Indiegogo any longer and most of the "promotions" are given to the sales team for no explainable reason.

Continue reading

"Great culture, fantastic career growth, awesome manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Indiegogo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome company culture that encourages you to be adventurous in your pursuits while maintaining a goal as a person, as a team, and as a company. I've learned so much and had made great friends at the company.

Cons

Compensation is less than ideal.

Continue reading

"Great mission and well-intended employees, but lack of career progression"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Indiegogo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Mission-driven company that wants to bring capital to innovators - There are employees who care about diversity and inclusion on the platform and within the company - Employees overall are friendly - Good stepping stone for an engineer - There are skilled engineers and managers who are enjoyable to work with - Engineering department makes an effort to improve processes and best practices

Cons

- Limited opportunities to move up into senior and leadership roles in engineering - Favouritism is quite evident - Many new product demands and verticals can have you moving from team to team each quarter (good for breadth knowledge, but not depth knowledge) - Recent layoffs were demoralizing - Disappointing that the compassion and social impact side of the platform were deprioritized - Burnout without accountability from leadership - Emotional labour of doing company volunteer work could be better acknowledged

"Amazing Team!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Indiegogo full-time for more than a year

Pros

A group of caring and funny individuals, who band together toward their ideals. Charismatic CEO. Fearless leadership. Empowering group. Lives by their values (Fearlessness, Authenticity, Collaboration, Empowerment). Small enough team to cross-collaborate across teams.

Cons

not very flexible working arrangements (wish there was more work from home days)

Found 63 reviews