Indigo (MA) Reviews | Glassdoor

Indigo (MA) President, CEO and Director David Perry
David Perry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"By far the best job I've had"

I have been working at Indigo (MA) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1) The people are incredibly talented and a pleasure to work with
    2) The industry is ripe for disruption and Indigo is well positioned to be the company that does it
    3) The mission bold and, more importantly, everyone from the bottom to the top believes in it and are working to make it a reality
    4) The leadership is transparent, inspiring, and has a track record of success

Cons

If those 4 pro's get you excited, then this isn't a con--you'll need to work very hard. I've never gotten up in the morning so energized to work.

Advice to Management

As we grow, stay transparent. Don't let the structure that we need to put in place to grow hinder us from being fast and agile.

2. "Exciting, Purpose-Driven, Employee-Friendly Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Indigo (MA) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at Indigo because I feel like everyday that I come to work there is a bigger purpose behind my work. I've never worked at a company where there is such belief in our mission by the employees. Also, the People team really cares about its employees. They bring in healthy lunch several days every week. They offer gym reimbursement. Yoga sessions are brought on site or they allow you to take time during the day to exercise and work out, etc... Everything Indigo does always ties back to its core values! Employees at Indigo also have a lot of freedom and autonomy to create and develop thing from scratch since we're so young! It's definitely exciting and keeps me engaged.

Cons

It's a super fast-paced environment, which can be fun, but you certainly have to understand this before getting into it. Also, things change quite rapidly here, but all decisions and changes that are made always tie back to our mission. This isn't necessarily a con, but another thing you either need to be comfortable with or learn to become comfortable with.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the caliber of talent that we have!

"Terrible Senior Management"

Current Employee - Scientist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Scientist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Indigo (MA) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent CEO, great vision, change welcoming

Cons

Bad management in Discovery and Regulatory. Many of my colleagues have been fired without any warning. Constant org changes in these departments since the department heads are just looking after them selves.

Advice to Management

Monitor these two department heads

Indigo (MA) Response

Feb 6, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback and input. Transparency is one of our core values so anytime we have fallen short of that, it is great to understand. In this case, we... More

"Arbitrary Decisions"

I worked at Indigo (MA) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great CEO and ambitious organization. Good mission and vision. Talented staff. Good location. Free food on 3 days. Open space workplace.

Cons

Arbitrary decision making. You never know where you stand. Extremely political organization. If you are on the wrong side of the fence, you better watch out.

Advice to Management

Do not allow competent people to leave. Change the senior management to better transparency. Do not allow threats by management. Value talent. HR department should serve the company not managers.

Indigo (MA) Response

Jan 21, 2018 – Vice President, People

Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback and input. Transparency is one of our core values so anytime we have fallen short of that, it is great to understand. Our People team... More

5. "Anlayst"

I have been working at Indigo (MA) full-time

Pros

Great culture, energetic and friendly team, a motivating place to work!

Cons

nothing outstanding to me so far!

6. "Awesome Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Indigo (MA) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High energy, progressive, positive environment, good perks

Cons

No cons at this time

Advice to Management

None at this time

7. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Indigo (MA) full-time

Pros

- Work with really smart people in every area
    - Making a positive difference at a global scale
    - Mission statement is very inspiring
    - Upbeat culture with an emphasis on innovation
    - Chance for industry disruption
    - Genuinely enjoy where I work

Cons

The company is moving so quickly that management is struggling to notice what their employees have accomplished to date and give constructive feedback. Employees want to know how they are doing.

Advice to Management

Everyone that works at Indigo wants to do a good job. Give constructive feedback to employees

8. "Interview & Onboarding"

I have been working at Indigo (MA) full-time

Pros

All interviewers communicated a shared, consistent vision for Indigo Ag that would shape a new approach for food production. I am excited to be a part of a ground-breaking, new ag company!

Cons

It takes time to understand the functions and operations of the company.

Advice to Management

Maintain an ability to be nimble and responsive to our customers even as we grow and develop scale in the business.

9. "Great culture"

Pros

You work with brilliant people everyday which makes for an exciting, collaborative working environment. Everyone is very driven an committed to working for a company that could truly revolutionize the agriculture industry. Everyone always seems happy to come to work which makes for a great culture. Relaxed dress code, endless free snacks and catered lunch 3 times a week.

Cons

Nothing to note but if you're not open to working collaboratively and putting fourth 110% effort this may not be for you.

10. "Great Mission, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Field, NM
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Field, NM

I have been working at Indigo (MA) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The mission of Indigo is to change agriculture for the better. Improving farmer profitability, while improving the quality and quantity of the food supply for the world. The business model is disruptive, innovative, and exciting to introduce to growers. The culture and mission are intertwined because everyone is pulling in the same direction and iterating at a rapid pace because we all share the same moral compass.

At the end of the work day, you can see the progress that was made and know your contribution is noticed and appreciated.

Lastly the people. I'm working with the most talented, intelligent individuals in my 20+ year career. The ability to learn from them at such a fast pace is extremely rewarding. Indigo is just a wonderful place to work.

Cons

Not a con, but this is a start-up so the pace is fast and there is ambiguity as the business is built. If one is not comfortable with ambiguity and does not have an entrepreneurial spirit about them, this may not be a good fit.