Indigo Payments Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Erik Hendricks

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to Grow!"

I worked at Indigo Payments full-time

Pros

This company is constantly growing and always moving the the right direction! The management team is absolutely fantastic and encourages employees to be innovative a creative. The company have so many exciting things going on and I can't wait to see what the future holds for them! They always put the customers and the sales team first and pride themselves on their ethics. They understand that as a sales person, our business is our reputation and they work to protect it each and every day.

Cons

None. Continue encouraging ideas and innovation!

Advice to Management

As the company grows, continue to focus on the little things along with the big things and you'll continue to be successful!

"Great Company, but Could Use Improvement"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Indigo Payments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Indigo is a pretty relaxed environment; everyone comes ready to work and for the most part knows what they're doing. HR is very kind, and they keep the place stocked with snacks and other amenities. Management is friendly, and they always encourage you to ask questions when you don't understand something. You can tell they care about their customers and staff, and go to great lengths to ensure their clients have constant service. Their core values are pristine.

Cons

Indigo is somewhat stuck in a dated business model/office culture. You come in very early and leave pretty late, and the environment isn't very exciting. It's very slow moving at times, and days tend to drag on. There aren't always very many incentives to come into work with enthusiasm. Also, because the company is family owned, nepotism is something you may deal with when working your way up the ladder.

Advice to Management

Try to make an environment more welcoming to younger employees. They are the future, and sticking with a dated business model and office practices won't attract or keep younger talent. It's great to have high expectations for your staff, but be realistic about what you expect from people that are learning at a frenetic pace.

Indigo Payments Response

May 2, 2017

Our core values are extremely important to us, and providing an exceptional experience for our team as well as our clients is our top priority. I’m glad you felt those values in your day-to-day... More

3. "Indigo Payments Company/Employment Review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Indigo Payments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Indigo is a very ethical company. I've never had to make a judgement call that I did not agree with. The founders/management/employees/sales agents will really go out of their way to do the right thing. We are a small company but we are growing our sales tools, internal processes, and employees/sales agents/account managers at a strong pace.

Cons

That I can't be at the office more. I really enjoy working here and leave work feeling good. I would not mind being salaried as I am behind our vision. We do have to interface with other organizations and this can be challenging at times. However, we continue to create documentation and communicate about how to effectively deal with external issues.

Advice to Management

Continue to ask why something is happening and continue to ask the hard questions. We do a good job of challenging our workforce to do the best job they can and asking the difficult questions. We need to continue to challenge our partners and employees to be the best employees/partners they can be.

4. "No professional relationships"

Pros

they do try to give you benefits... but many are switched from W2 to 1099 if not able to meet sales quota..

Cons

broken machines
    broken promises
    don know how to do train or follow up
    lack of staff
    too many merchants for short number of staff
    unqualified prof service of equipment knowledge

Advice to Management

dont burn bridges... and look for potential not perfection

5. "Graphic Designer"

I have been working at Indigo Payments part-time

Pros

Extremely friendly work environment
    Flexible in terms of allowing me to work remotely while still taking classes at university
    Everyone is very helpful and passionate about what they do

Cons

I am not able to go in to work because of school (the surrounding area is very beautiful).

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice

6. "The Best of the Best"

Pros

I have been with Indigo Payments sense the first month the company opened their doors. Indigo Payments is very sales oriented, with an excellent compensation package based on performance. If you are looking for a career, not a job, with a company that is truly built on honesty, integrity and a commitment to their employees then there is none better in the processing industry than Indigo Payments.

Cons

No major downside if you work hard at you position

Advice to Management

Keep on moving down the right path and growing

"The most honest and dedicated credit card processor out there"

Pros

The office decor is beautiful and there are always snacks, coffee, and tea available for employees. The company is dedicated to making things better for merchants - out of all the gimmicks and "free terminals" out there, Indigo is honest, transparent, and exists to be different; to be the good guys in an industry where oftentimes this is not the case.

Cons

There are no downsides in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

8. "Agent"

Current Employee - Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Indigo Payments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Integrity in all phases of the company's operations. Nothing hidden in contracts. No cancellation fees. Exceptional support during and after business hours. The company is always open to and will act on advice from agents in the field and is persistent in tackling the most challenging issues that arise for merchants as well as for reps. The motto of the company is "Always do the right thing." I've heard it spoken. And I've seen it done many times. If you value your personal integrity, Indigo will do you proud.

Cons

If you really embrace this job, you can be on call 24/7. That kind of commitment is not for everybody. But the payoffs are so great, I've learned how to compensate with "vacation" breaks in return. Selling requires a lot of self-motivation, determination and the ability to accept rejection. You'll find out quickly if this job can be a career for you.

Advice to Management

I know that they'll keep doing what they do so I don't need to give them that advice

"National Recruiter"

I worked at Indigo Payments full-time

Pros

Very professional yet fun working environment, with plenty of opportunities to advance within the organization. Indigo also offers great benefits.

Cons

The only con about working at Indigo was the commute from my home. Other than that my experience was great.

"Twilight Zone or the Tale of Two Parallel Universes"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Indigo Payments full-time

Pros

None Really none They talked a good game and maybe they are good at selling and servicing payment processing

Cons

It started out being told this is new hot growth company with stock options and was turning the whole industry on its head. Was told there were 5 reps in the metroplex all making 100k min and it was an easy job with lots of support.

My training was two 15 min phone calls and a hand full of business cards and brochures and was told to go out there and make the calls. After the first week and 1/2 I got two statements and one order and this was the last contact anybody made with me I was told to send the statements someplace else and asked how to write the order.but no answer.

After 3 days of no contact from anyone I tried to tract down one of the other 5 reps to get help on statements but found out there were none, it was not true but my email still worked.

Two weeks after that my email stopped working and i was getting calls from potential customers asking about how to sign up I could just say I didn't know and stop taking their calls.

Ive filed for unemployment but Indigo has missed EVERY deadline the state unemployment agency has given them, but they do answer the phone for them but don't know what to do.

The crazy thing I was told to push was that if Indigo couldn't match or beat the price they were paying they would give them $100 well 50% of the statements they could not beat and I asked for guidance on the issue do we lower the price or give them the $100 i got no answer on that or even a phone call.

Do not listen to the promises or tall tales just stay away. I honestly don't know how they can keep their customers in compliance with the new processing regulations when they missed every deadline with the State Unemployment commission. Also trusting them with processing a businesses cash flow would be very scary.

Oh and they also owe me $500 for the 5 statements that went missing

Advice to Management

Are you there?