Industrial Acoustics Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Assembly/.production line"

Former Employee - Line Assembler in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Line Assembler in Bronx, NY

I worked at Industrial Acoustics (More than 8 years)

Pros

Team work,multi-tasking,always learning something new, meeting production targets,The team is also accountable for maintaining high quality control and overall cleaning of the department.

Cons

Only regrets,company moved from NYC

2. "Garbage"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Pros

There are absolutely no pros to this company. I have nothing positive to say about them. They are garbage. The management is a bunch of poorly educated incompetents.

Cons

The other two reviews are a perfect description of this company. They are a sweat box! They are run by a European private equity company that could not care less about the location in the Bronx. The local management in the Bronx is just as BAD. They remind me of poor socialists who can't make it so they take it out on a successful employee. They are pathetic and treat their employees like CRAP!

Advice to Management

There is no hope.

3. "Horrendous Company!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Pros

There are absolutely no pros regarding this company.

Cons

MANAGEMENT IS CORRUPT!! The company was recently bought by a private equity firm who cares nothing about the employees. They relocated the company from the Bronx, NY to Lincoln Nebraska and in the process they laid off 75% of the employees. The management turned a profitable company into a bankrupt company because they tried to juice the profits and it failed. This is the worst company I have ever been associated with. The management is corrupt and unethical. They don't pay their bills. They check when professional employees come and go by using a finger print detector which they have mounted to the entrance door. They tell critical employees that their job is safe several times, then without notice they lay them off; this is the height of garbage. Garbage is the best way to describe this company. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY!!

Advice to Management

Get out!

"Terrible Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Pros

NONE!! There is absolutely NOTHING positive about this company.

Cons

The management is absolutely terrible. They just finished relocated the company from the Bronx, NY to LINCOLN NEBRASKA and laid off about 60% of the staff. What makes it worse is that they set up meetings to tell you if you are going to get laid off or not. They brang me into about 5 meetings and told me my job was good at least 5 times, then they laid me off. My direct supervisor, his boss, the president of the company were all guilty of this. This is management corruption at it's worst. They are terrible. This is the worst company I have ever been employed with. When management lies to people about the status of their job and does it 5 TIMES it does not get any worse than that. I mean are they idiots or what??? You have to be corrupt or at best incompetent to tell someone his/her job is safe 5 TIMES then lay him/her off. Maybe they are just flat out STUPID!!! They do not pay their bills and when you work with one of their vendors the vendor gets extremely rude at you because the company did not pay them. They put a finger print tester next to the front door so they can determine when you come and go. The only problem is it never works, there is constantly a line next to the finger print tester and there is constant bickering and wise cracks, and harassment in the line as people are waiting to get into the place or leave. What a bunch of MORONS!! DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Advice to Management

They are so corrupt, incompetent, and far gone there is no way to help them. Maybe the Department of Labor will close them down, that is there only hope.

5. "I was able to become more proficient and expand my capabilities."

Current Employee - Assistant Controller in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Controller in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Industrial Acoustics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros to working at IAC is very limited because the workload moves at a fast pace, but they do have summer hours.

Cons

You may find it to be very difficult to catch on or keep up with the workload because the company is so unique in its industry.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Industrial Acoustics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic, growing company that cuts through the usual corporate BS.

Cons

Still going through transition under new owner/leader-ship