Industrial Controls Reviews | Glassdoor

Industrial Controls President Joe Eichelberger
Joe Eichelberger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Electro-Mechanical Assembly"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Assembly Technician Supervisor in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at Industrial Controls (More than 3 years)

Pros

The working environment has a quiet, respect for the staff, all payments on time, individualny approach to each employee and friendly staff.

Cons

This is not a big company, and for some it's a minus for someone that's a plus.

Advice to Management

Actively organize new relationships and find new projects.

2. "Small Shop, Fun but not Professional"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Zeeland, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Zeeland, MI

I worked at Industrial Controls full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative, Idea Driven, good stepping stone job, to get into larger automation shop, or manufacturer.

Cons

Older 2nd Generation owners, there won't be a 3rd. Brothers don't communicate, and are looking to get out, and get bought out.

Advice to Management

Need to focus on Employee Development, and communicate up front and honestly, not wait until someone notices that you changed things.

3. "Hard work everyday, but I loved it."

Former Employee - Apprentice Electrician in West Monroe, LA
    Former Employee - Apprentice Electrician in West Monroe, LA

I worked at Industrial Controls full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It gave me some very valuable on the job experience.

Cons

They didn't offer a whole lot of overtime.

Advice to Management

Work more hours, and make safety a bigger influence.

4. "Best company to work for"

Current Employee - Operating Manager in Eatontown, NJ
    Current Employee - Operating Manager in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at Industrial Controls full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

What isn't there to like about working here. The pay is fantastic and the bonuses are huge. The company really cares about there employees. It shows from the several, per month, corporate outings they conduct. They really go above and beyond so that their employees get to know each other. The head of HR is particularly terrific. She is not phony in the least bit and works hard at her job 8-10 hours every day.

This company is forward thinking and is always on the cutting edge of innovation. The headquarters, among their country wide offices, are bright and inviting. Holidays are abundant as well. The managers and CEO are concerned about the employees and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need to get your job done.

Cons

I honestly can not think of one. Everyone is so friendly and the atmosphere is electric.

Advice to Management

Absolutely none. Just keep on doing what you are doing and this will be an industry leading organization for decades to come.

5. "I’m very disturbed by the other reviews."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at Industrial Controls full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I barely recognize the person described as the President/CEO. I have worked for Joe Eichelberger for almost 10 years. I could pick the posting apart line by line, but I feel that would lend too much credence to something written by an obviously disgruntled person who has failed at their job. Accountability is one of our core success factors at ICD and this person obviously never understood that.

I must, in spite of my hesitations to respond, address a couple of things. First, to say that Joe Eichelberger is a “CEO who lacks area-specific knowledge” is incredible. Joe is one of the most respected and well versed people in our industry. His background in our products and services is unsurpassed. He has taken this company from a privately owned company with less than 30M in sales to almost a 100M through one of the worst recessions in the lifetime of any of our employees.

“Keep your head down and your mouth shut” is laughable. That just doesn’t describe this environment. We’re a very vocal group. Joe holds regular “All Hands Meetings” where he puts himself out in front of every employee, gives his business overview and then opens up the floor. It took me a long time to get used to the openness of this group. I find it refreshing and highly productive. Everyone’s opinion is respected here. That doesn’t mean that you will always get your way, but you will never be made to feel threatened because you expressed it.

Cons

Here’s what I can say to perspective applicants………..if you want to work in an environment where you get to do what you do best every day and get rewarded for it appropriately, this is the place for you. It’s an environment of growth, success, caring and teamwork which affords us all the opportunity to succeed.

"Great welcome to ICD"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Industrial Controls full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Very glad I made the move to Industrial Controls. Great people, team environment. Everyone has made me feel welcome. Best benefit package I’ve had in years. Enrollees in the medical plan get a totally company paid eye plan that has incredible coverage. Training programs are excellent and there’s something for everyone; management development, sales skills, systems and product training. First time I’ve felt that the effort is being made to ensure that I succeed.

Cons

Wide breath of somewhat technical product portfolio to learn, but the training is available and encouraged.

"Awful!!!! Dishonest and Manipulative!"

I worked at Industrial Controls full-time

Pros

Good Pay, Benefits and working hours

Cons

Absolutely the worst working environment I have ever worked in! I would not wish this place on anyone! Absolutely NO leadership, training and some one the most degenerate people in sales I have ever met! No potential for growth.

Advice to Management

A complete redo of Sales Management and HR!

"Trust Noone"

I worked at Industrial Controls full-time

Pros

You get a paycheck and the insurance benefits were not bad. Customers are treated well in general.

Cons

Dishonest environment from top to bottom. A culture of manipulation. The best people are pushed out. Anyone with integrity is silenced.

Advice to Management

Clean house from the top down.

9. "Good experience but needs some improvements"

I worked at Industrial Controls full-time

Pros

Very Good industrial experience,and sometimes foreigner managers take the responsibility so that you will learn a lot.

Cons

Salaries need to be adjusted, Employee development and training needs to be focused more.

10. "Executive Engineer Design"

Current Employee - Executive Engineer Design in Ahmedabad (India)
    Current Employee - Executive Engineer Design in Ahmedabad (India)

I have been working at Industrial Controls (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good to work nice company

Cons

there is nothing problem to work