Industry Intelligence Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Rami Ghandour

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"improved place for work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Industry Intelligence (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, warm and positive atmosphere and room for growth. Executives are very approachable and open to suggestions

Cons

Lack of open communication, too much turnover, rapid and random changes on Sales and Marketing Strategies. If you are a person like well structured work environment, you probably will get lost easily

Advice to Management

Invest more and quicker in our Customer Care and Sales Team. We need a better and more motivated talent in the front line.

"I wish I paid attention to the negative reviews before taking this job. They are all true."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Industry Intelligence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros: A lot of flexibility in start times from day to day so you can come in very early and get off very early.

Cons

Cons: Management goes way beyond the normal oversight to watching employees constantly. Employees are let go with practically no warning, which hurts the morale of existing employees.

Advice to Management

Advice for the CEO: High turnover is a threat because ex employees have proprietary company information. High turnover also slows the company’s growth, wastes training resources, and is a sign of poor management, not a bad workforce. Require managers to treat employees professionally and respectfully. Ask all departing employees to give exit interviews with the HR manager.

"ugh"

Former Employee - N/A in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - N/A in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Industry Intelligence (More than a year)

Pros

not sure what pros there were other than leaving

Cons

ceo constantly waffles on strategy, works people round the clock

"VP Business Development"

Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Industry Intelligence full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to make a contribution to the company's success, regardless of role and experience. Every day brings the potential to make a personal impact.

Cons

In the past, have hired a few people that didn't match the company culture and it impacted the entire company. Have done much better recently in bringing in people who can thrive in the environment at industry Intelligence.

Advice to Management

Keep finding ways to engage every single employee in the growth of the company.

"Proceed with caution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Industry Intelligence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart product; can be a real time-saver if used properly. Unique in its space. Passionate people on the data side work hard to make the info it offers the best in the business.

Cons

While business intel is critical, there's many ways to get it for free. A lot of companies simply can't justify paying for the luxury this service provides. Workplace is sterile and fun is kept at a minimum. Lots of backstabbing and inappropriate behavior, particularly from certain people in management. Team building exercises are discouraged. CEO is very intelligent and has devised a smart product, but he simply isn't a people person and his quirkiness can make for an unsettling work environment. Rules are in place about when he can or cannot be approached, which can be difficult in an open office environment. Cash is often short which causes stress and discourages employee engagement. Turnover is ridiculously high for such a small company. Finance department is poorly managed - you can fully expect to see mistakes in your paychecks, benefits, etc.

Advice to Management

Put somebody in a leadership position just below the CEO (such as a President) to be the face of the company and to run the team. Allow the CEO to play to his strengths (he's brilliant with programming) and simply focus on the product itself. Spend some money on marketing.

"Ridiculous atmosphere to work in. The owner/ceo is driven by his ego."

Former Employee - IT Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Close to home.... no pros i can think of -sorry.

Cons

Owner is an egomaniac and driven by power over others. His cronies are "yes men/woman" and will do anything to keep him happy regardless of the consequences. Rami is like a spoiled kid who whines when he does not get things his way.

Not a pleasant atmosphere. The office space is very small and working conditions are cramped. The owner will brag about how much money each client is worth on the monthly and laughs at their stupidity. Apparently customers are too dumb to realize the amount of money the spend for free content. Instead they continue to pay for Industry Intelligence's services. I guess the joke is on the client base as the information is free and easily available to anyone who knows how to use a search engine!! Go figure.

Advice to Management

Check your egos at the door. Many hard working people come into the company and quickly leave once they get to know the owner and his pathetic antics. I feel sorry for the customers who continue to spend money on free, and let me repeat, Free information. Best success to those who stick around.

Industry Intelligence Response

Aug 31, 2015 – VP Technology and Operations

I’m sorry you had such a poor experience while working at Industry Intelligence. We value every employee opinion, past or present. The company welcomes constructive feedback and the opportunity to... More

7. "Exciting and Innovative Company to be a Part Of"

Current Employee - Client Care in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Client Care in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Industry Intelligence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has strong employee engagement where each individual truly seems to care about the success of the organization. Great cross-departmental involvement and opportunity to contribute ideas and learn new skills.

Cons

Being a smaller company we are able to pivot quickly with our products and services to meet the changing landscape of our clients - this is good and bad. Good because we are on the cutting edge of client needs... bad in that some people don't handle fast change of direction well. Continuing to focus on communication and alignment during these changes will help with smooth quick transitions.

Advice to Management

I see a lot of potential for future of Industry Intelligence with collaboration and focus on growth by the management team. There is a lot of great talent in the company that I believe will take us places in the coming months and years.

"Current employee at Industry Intelligence"

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Industry Intelligence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Good managers who care about our growth and success
    * Flexible schedules
    * Open structure allows for easy access to anyone in the company
    * Ability to take part in many different projects; participation and input is encouraged
    * Energetic team always looking for ways to engage the team
    * Opportunities are there for the taking - there are no barriers to growth within the company, but you have to be proactive
    * Management team is open to everyone and listens to input and ideas

Cons

With open, flat structure, comes lack of hierarchy. For some people this is difficult to thrive in. The environment is geared toward the more energetic and proactive type of person. We've had turnover in the past because people didn't fit into this type of culture.

No full HR role, which means personal growth is something you have to grab yourself, no formal training / skills enhancements processes in place.

The environment is closer to start-up than mature company in some ways. For some people this is hard to thrive in, for others it is the dream environment.

Advice to Management

Better communication is needed across the teams.
    More transparency is needed on how the company is doing.
    Better training opportunities are needed.
    More encouragement or rewards to motivate employees.

"Good people, dysfunction and abusive management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Industry Intelligence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The majority of the employees are good at their job and willing to pitch in and help.

Cons

Cash flow problems, lack of focus, no plan and no clue.

Advice to Management

Hire a CEO.

"Industry Intelligence goes through employees like Kleenex"

Former Employee - Editor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Editor in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

- Management promotes interaction among employees
    - Open work environment
    - Creativity and initiative encouraged
    - Some great coworkers

Cons

- In little more than a year, they fired at least 14 people for reasons such as "not being a good fit" and "not being happy here." Sometimes employees were let go after only a week or two, although I know of one woman who was let go after one day. The entire company is only about 30-35 people. That kind of turnover is ridiculous, inefficient and unnerving.

- Management constantly changes the company's strategies, plans and goals (every couple weeks), so employees never know exactly what is expected of them and are never given the chance to follow through before management changes the plan. Again.

- The CEO fancies himself the next Steve Jobs. The difference is that Steve Jobs, in addition to being an innovator, also knew how to run a company.

- Little to no training is provided -- likely because no one knows exactly how they are supposed to be doing things from day to day.

- The only HR employee has no HR training and doesn't know the meaning of the word "confidential" or "legal." To paraphrase her own words, she was an assistant at her former job who ended up handling a lot of HR issues. Those are her qualifications.

Advice to Management

Stop changing the plan every two seconds. Give your employees the chance to succeed.