- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Jose, CA Area
- - Palo Alto, CA
- - Mountain View, CA
Found 9 of over 9 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.
- English (9 reviews)
The Work-Life Bowl
I am on the east coast and solely focused on finding myself a remote position and willing to take a salary cut to strike a work life balance. I spoke to the Hiring Manager for a role today which seems like a great fit and is all that I would look for - except he said in passing ‘we are all remote but me mostly abide by west coast hours’. What would you infer from it ? Should be a complete no-go ?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Amazing team and culture" (in 4 reviews)
- Former Employee★★★★★Sep 5, 2018 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great company, great culture and benefits
Need to expand product and grow with the market
- Former Employee★★★★★Mar 27, 2018 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The managers and cofounders take an active role in mentorship for newer employees. There's a strong culture of collaboration that allows newer people to learn the company's technology quickly and effectively. The people you work with are fantastic as well. The work life balance was shockingly pushed toward the "life" side of the equation.
As with many startups, the company suffered from playing things a little fast and loose. There was also a tendency to reinvent the wheel where the company would try to implement it's own version of a technology that existed elsewhere in a well documented, better tested, and more complete form.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 17, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Team has exceptional talent across the board. - No ego environment, and the synergy across departments is great. - Very product focused. They say no to one-off customizations (sacrificing revenue) unless they can make those features repeatable for many customers.
- Organization hierarchy is pretty flat especially in certain departments. - You learn via osmosis, not through more formal coaching and training programs. It's a startup, so it's natural, but some balance between formal training and on-the-fly learning would be helpful as we grow.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★May 31, 2016 - Director of Sales in Mountain View, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Infer is a product-driven company, which is evident by the engineering talent they have amassed and the superior product they have developed Amazing customer base - Actual ROI and measurable results across their customers - Very low churn rate Great work/life balance - Work from home Wednesdays, very flexible vacation policy, remote work options The people - Infer employs PhDs, Top MBAs, former founders and more. Very very smart people who work together very well. Collaborative culture (daily lunches, team outings, hackweeks) amongst every department in the company
Things can change very quickly at Infer - it is important for employees to be comfortable with a fast paced and sometimes ambiguous environment The predictive space has become very crowded and difficult for buyers to separate the wheat from the chaff Being located in Mountain View can cause challenges with recruitingContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 29, 2015 - Sales Development Representative in Palo Alto, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Amazing team and culture Career growth potential into other areas of the business (not just sales) Nimble team who is driving the focus of the industry Work from home Wednesdays! By far the best product in the market - During my tenure there Infer won more than 80% of competitive deals.
Infer is growing extremely fast which meant we ran out space very quickly in the office The commute can be strenuous for SF residents if not using CalTrain.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Jun 27, 2015 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
very smart people working in the place good VC investors very promising industry
product very narrowly focused facing more and more fierce competition now
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 1, 2015 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-People at Infer are top notch, incredibly bright and an culture of high integrity. -Product is in the path of revenue. It's always easier to sell something if you can prove the revenue impact upfront and clearly measure the impact. Also, Infer is in a fortunate position that the engineering team is very strong and so the models outperform the competition. -The opportunity is to be at the forefront of a disruptive shift. Companies are re-imagining how they operate based on data and huge productivity gains are being unlocked. It's also an opportunity to work with amazing high-growth companies and see how they run sales and marketing.
-It's a fast paced dynamic market which you've got to be ready for. There are going to be ups and downs as the market heats up. If the team continues to stay focused though, I've got confidence Infer will come out on top.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Mar 3, 2015 - Sales in Palo Alto, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Fast growing company but very selective with their hires. This speaks to the awesome culture Infer has built...lots of talented individuals that work toward the common goal of building an awesome product and proving lift for their customers. Management is very transparent with the vision and where they want to be in 2-3 years. All employees are challenged to push the envelope with the product. Really fun environment to learn and work in.
PA office is challenging for SF commuters.Continue reading
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 7, 2017 - LogisticsRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
lively environment,great culture, good salary
stagnancy, sameless feeling, not good growth