Infinia Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

3.2
  1. "Great place to work"

I worked at Infinia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A high energy environment, with very talented people trying to improve the world with a renewable energy product. A very talented technical team that was highly motivated at creating the right product.

Cons

@ the end it lost its energy, glad they were able to recharge in UT

Infinia2015-08-17
  2. "game changing distributed solar technology"

I worked at Infinia full-time

Pros

Highly talented professionals with deep technical expertise.

Cons

built the company too fast

Infinia2017-04-03
  3. "Designed 3D models, in Autodesk Inventor 2009, of high-precision R&D components and production fixturing."

Former Contractor - Senior CAD Mechanical Designer in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Infinia for less than a year

Pros

Challenging design requirements. Adequate hardware set-ups. Interesting Inventor software review approach.

Cons

NO apparent managerial production experience present (R&D still running the operations. causing delays in delivery of promised quotas). The VP of Engrg. & chief machinist didn't know anything about ASME Y14.5M GD&T, based on their review of my details and drawings. Cronyism, favoritism and rejection of any new employees' input/ideas/solutions outright, created a hostile work environment as well. It's easy to... understand their need to declare bankruptcy.

Advice to Management

You have a great product...sell your current configuration as your "Chevrolet" model with a full replacement warranty. If a unit fails, replace it! THEN finish your "New & Improved" "Rolls-Royce" perfected model sometime later once it is achieved. You meet your promised quota deadlines, while insuring a satisfied customer base...which sells more units in the future.

Infinia2013-12-08
  4. "Infinia - Ogden Operations Center"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Infinia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people that are very motivated to make the product work. Incredible product. Good work environment. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

The company has been an R&D company so long that it doesn't seem to know how to take it's product to market. This is unfortunate, because I believe the product is a real game changer.

Advice to Management

Decide that product is most import and focus on it.

Infinia2013-10-10

"Highly technical, great people. No idea how long it takes to develop a product."

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer III in Ogden, UT

I worked at Infinia full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

We were working on a solar product using a Stirling engine and parabolic mirror. This type of product has never successfully been commercialized and the feeling of accomplishing something that had never been done was exhilarating. There was always something interesting to work on and always a challenging problem to be solved. The people I worked with directly were top notch engineers/technicians and people. ... Working with them made coming to work everyday something to look forward to.

Cons

Unrealistic planning lead to the investors loss of confidence. We were a small company trying to move from SBIR government grants to a publicly traded successful company. Company leaders thought that we were more advanced in our technology then we were and promised investors that we would be commercialized in 2 years. It has been 7 years and, though the product is very close, there are still at least 2 years of... integration work and refinement before it is a quality product. The difference between the time we told the investors it would take to commercialize and what it has actually taken lead to a loss of confidence and investors pulling out. At the beginning one investor told us that our timing was unrealistic and that their experience would suggest a time from of 7 to 10 years was more realistic. Infinia should have listened.

Advice to Management

Trust your people when they present a detailed plan. They are not "padding" the time line. If anything they are underestimating. The uncertainty in what you are doing is too great to ignore.

Infinia2013-09-30
  6. "Not a promising company to work for"

I worked at Infinia full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is laid back

Cons

Bad management. Insecurity of product.

Infinia2013-09-10
  7. "Start up - very interesting"

in Kennewick, WA

I have been working at Infinia

Pros

Industry, leading edge of technology

Cons

Start up company leaves some with uncertaintly

Infinia2011-01-18