Infinite Direct Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Infinite Direct President Donald Boyer
Donald Boyer

Pros
  • The work environment is friendly and motivational (in 10 reviews)

• I have changed in the short amount of time I was there (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • You are give the fancy title of "account executive" which is BS; you're a door to door salesman (in 7 reviews)

• Long Hours, recruiting can be tedious (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great experience with growth potential"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Infinite Direct full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking to gain real world business skills and want to grow personally and professionally I would definitely apply to this company. I learned more working there then I ever did at any other company. If you have a negative attitude or below average work ethic I wouldn't apply, because you will not do well or fit in. The company culture is very positive and up beat, and everyone is very motivated and team oriented. You can definitely grow and advance quickly if you want to.

Cons

Parking. However, there is free parking that is less than a 10 minute walk.

"Mislead and very disappointed"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Infinite Direct (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide training, and one on one help until you can go alone. They try to tailor training to the individual.

Cons

I was supposed to be hired for administrative work but they said everyone starts in sales so that's what I was trained on. They were not upfront that it was door to door sales, they said it was direct marketing which could be a variety of things. The environment was very pushy and competitive, even to customers. My first day out we went door to door for about 6-8 hours with no break, not something I'd recommend to anyone.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with what people are actually going to be doing, don't say you're hiring someone for one position but have them in another

Nov 22, 2016 – CEO

I apologize that you feel mislead. We were recently hiring for the recruiting position, but filled it internally. The only possible thing that I could imagine happening is that you were told that the ... More

3. "Amazing career opportunity"

I worked at Infinite Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is easily the best company I have worked for in my entire life. The work environment is friendly and motivational. Your coworkers as well as the company owner is crazy good at making you feel good about yourself and about the work you will be doing. This career path holds a great deal of potential for making the most out of your life. If you understand the opportunity you have to be a part of something amazing, there is no reason to ever doubt what you can accomplish at Infinite Direct. The only reason I left was because I moved out of state with my fiancé, but if I still lived in the area, you bet that I'd be at Infinite direct. At my short time working there, I was able to represent two major companies (Quill and Verizon Fios) and that had given me experience and created value for myslelf. This company is the best way to go if you want to change your life for the better as well as improve the lives of others. I highly recommend this company.

Cons

Nobody will hand you anything. You are in control of your own destiny at Infinite Direct. For me, that was no issue, but for some, it was too challenging. Some people like to show up to work, follow someone else's orders and collect a paycheck for the same amount every two weeks. If this sounds like you, don't waste your time. To be successful in this business, you NEED to be confident in taking control, not only of yourself but of others around you. You need to stand out and have a noticeable office presence. Nobody is going to take the time to pull you aside and tell you that you are doing well or what you are doing wrong. Only your results will show that. All in all, The work is tough, the hours are long and you WILL be tired! If you give up before you understand your opportunity, (which you will see, most people will), than you are not the type of person that needs to be at Infinite direct. If you understand your opportunity, eventually you will just be getting paid to hang out with cool people all day, which is awesome.

Advice to Management

Be a little more honest about exactly what type of work new hires will be doing on first and second round interviews, but ultimately, awesome job!!!! Keep doing what your doing.

Oct 12, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for all of your feedback. It is so rewarding to know that your time working with us made an impact and your experience created value. We certainly appreciate such a thoughtful review and ... More

"Great learning experience!"

I worked at Infinite Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although this opportunity wasn't necessarily for me because I noticed my heart wasn't in it the way it was when I first started, this is one of the best things that anyone can do for themselves if they want to get into the business world. Donny's a wonderful leader, as is his wife Melissa - they obviously know what they're doing. For that reason, they've been able to develop a really strong, close-knit group of leaders. Anyone complaining about the happy hour, networking, and/or charity events needs to realize the importance behind these sorts of team builders. They all serve a purpose and prepare you to become a much better, more well-rounded and prepared individual. If anything, at the very least, they're serious resume builders if you know how to take full advantage of the opportunity and meeting more people through these kinds of events can only help you further your career. In the business world, networking is by far one of the most significant things you can do - if that's not something you're excited about, you don't belong in this industry, because business requires you to be a people-person and to want to be in social settings (after all, the foundation of business is your customers and clients, which requires you to care about others). You simply can't be successful unless you're willing to dedicate and commit yourself to your career fully. The business world requires you to be 100% invested - you don't just give half of yourself to a business that you're trying to grow yourself or become a part of. But if that's something that you don't want to do, you're better off looking for a different job - one that doesn't require any effort, but also won't be quite as rewarding in the end. What Donny and Melissa are doing here is teaching people to become better versions of themselves so that they can eventually inspire others the way Donny and Melissa inspire the individuals they've hand picked to become a part of their team across the country. And if they've picked you, just know that you're in the right hands and you can learn so much - more than you've ever learned about your own self within the shortest amount of time. I'm so appreciative of everything I gained while I was here: that's something I'll take with me for the rest of my life. In the end, it comes down to what you make of whatever situation you're in - and working at this company, though tough, will challenge you in ways you never imagined possibly every day, which will in turn shape and mold you into a much stronger you.

Cons

Very long hours, but that's to be expected within the business world. If that's not something that you want to "deal with", don't even bother jumping into this field in general, because that only means that you're not a person looking for a challenge, but the business world will require that from you every single day. And, if you have dreams of expanding your business or forming an office in a bigger city like NYC someday, you have to know that leading a business will consume a lot of your time and be okay with that - this is the perfect place to practice, gain insight, and become a more mature individual if you have huge goals and dreams. The business world requires a special kind of individual - Donny and Melissa are experts at what they do and will definitely bring you out of your comfort zone and question bad habits that you thought were acceptable before, but kept you from becoming a more successful individual. If it hadn't been for the hour drive to and from the office every morning, I would've stayed but the commute started taking its toll on me especially with the long hours - otherwise I would've stayed.

Advice to Management

I couldn't possibly be any more grateful. Thanks again guys! Keep doing what you're doing. This world's tough, but the people who stick it out are the ones who deserve the final reward that comes after everything is said and done. Donny and Melissa, you guys are fantastic leaders and you truly set a great example for your team.

"Disappointment"

I worked at Infinite Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

welcoming environment with really nice co-workers. Fancy title to put on your resume although what you really do doesn't fit your title. Encouraging management.

Cons

They sugar coat EVERYTHING. You make no money- lose some in fact. Penalized in the office if you do not go out with them.

Advice to Management

be honest. You say nothing about B2B sales in your job description. Let people decide if they want to do this job before you con them into taking it.

Aug 17, 2015 – CEO

We do our very best to be very clear on what we do from the ad someone may apply to, all the way to the third round interview. What happens for some individuals is that they may have questions and ... More

"Priceless Educational and Developmental Experience"

I worked at Infinite Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The skills you learn are invaluable not just professionally but more importantly for personal growth and development. These skills are so vital to becoming successful, and include work ethic, accountability, and integrity. The president of the company Donny Boyer is an inspirational person. Unlike most presidents or bosses, Donny takes the time to help you personally and professionally. He takes a vested interest in you as a human being and not an employee. This company teaches you to create not just a goals but a vision for yourself something that lacks in the majority of people today. I know working at infinite direct made me a better person and I will owe all my future success to the skills they taught me.

Cons

The people who write negative experiences about infinite direct are hopeless cases and missed out on a priceless opportunity to learn and develop. Their personal failure and how they blame the company rather than hold themselves accountable demonstrates they lost an opportunity to grow and develop into a better person

Advice to Management

Keep creating the future business leaders of America and changing people's lives. Thank you for everything you!

"Building The Foundation For Your Career"

I worked at Infinite Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As an employee of this company, you are presented with a high-energy, fun, and exciting atmosphere where you learn the building blocks to success in business from the ground up. As a former employee, I learned many skills including sales, customer service, interviewing and management. When I moved on from this company to a new line of work, I had a clear advantage over others applying for my position, as I myself had experience interviewing others. The skill, initiative and drive I learned through sales constantly catches the attention of upper management and has earned me a reputation throughout my region as the "super employee". That is because Infinite Direct does not teach you to be an employee. Instead, it teaches you the value of hard work by rewarding you based on the work you put in, not on the amount of time you have been with the company. This gives a limitless amount of opportunity for growth both through advancement within the company, as well as earning potential. The skills I have attained through Infinite Direct are extremely valuable, and I recommend this company to anyone who is serious about a career in business.

Cons

The only set back is that while you are able to earn a lot of money, you also have periods of decline in sales. This can present problems when budgeting and managing personal finances. Essentially, you have to have a lot of discipline with how you manage your earnings. While this is a valuable skill, it can be a frustrating transition from a job where you have a set amount of income based on your salary alone.

Advice to Management

Be upfront about the income earned as an entry-level employee and prepare them for the struggle they will face through the volatility of sales.

"A learning experience"

I worked at Infinite Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere . Nice coworkers and very helpful

Cons

Long hours, if you want a job then this is not a place to work.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have a base pay

9. "Greatest learning experience of any job I've ever had,"

I worked at Infinite Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you want to learn how to run your own business and work for yourself, then this is for you. If you're looking for someone to give you handouts with minimal effort, then turn the other way. A sick entrepreneurial-minded career that just takes the right attitude and good work ethic.

Cons

A little heavy on time-consumption, but that's expected when you're looking to advance in a career. Be prepared to really put forth a lot of time and effort.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work; you guys are changing lives one-by-one.

"Life changing"

I worked at Infinite Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a fantastic place to work. The skills learned here will help you grow so much not just in business but also in life. The management is ready to help you with whatever it may be and the level of support from fellow employees is incomparable. I have never been so sad to leave a job before but I cannot wait to go back. The skills I have learned here will follow me forever and I could not be more grateful to have had the opportunity to work with such outstanding people and in such a wonderful environment that allows me to grow and develop at my own pace. The merit based system works and is very rewarding! This is the best place for anyone who wants to have an opportunity for unlimited growth and the support of not only those in your office but from people across the country.

Cons

The only con is the amount of time that is put into this position, however it is time that you will voluntarily spend due to the management and other future managers!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You have built a fantastic business and a great culture !