Infinity Consulting Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Klares

1. "Director of Marketing"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Despite how established ICS is as a staffing provider, the partners are still open to innovation that will contribute to the growth and success of the organization. Success is measured by both output and effort which removes the fear of testing something new while pursuing goals.

Cons

Changing organizational habits can be a challenge and require research for proof of concept.

Advice to Management

Stay true to who you are.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Pros

Ehhh...just unstable there isn't much to talk about here...

Cons

Bad managers, No real clients alot of dead leads and non exsistent positions

Advice to Management

Get real managers

3. "tech recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great management and training, company culture like family

Cons

can be too micro managed

Advice to Management

doing great!

"A great place to learn!"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to learn the ins and out of placement. You will learn first hand what it takes to be a great Recruiter. The pace is fast, and there are always jobs and candidates. You just have to make the perfect match. Easier said than done but these guys have a great training program. There is opportunity to grow and they do promote often. Most people learn, and leave for internal recruiter positions within major companies. The CEO and Co-Founders are super nice and super fair. Can't say enough about them.

Cons

ICS literally has a high school locker room atmosphere. If you can't take being yelled at, cursed at, verbally abused and publicly embarrassed, etc. This place is not for you. While it's all fun and games, it's a no-no in my books when the customer hears the raunchiness over the phone. Very often your client will say...wow, it sounds like you're having a big party in the background! You will need thick skin and ear plugs to work here. Lastly, lots of reports to fill out. They track everything and I mean everything.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring just newly minted college grads. This churn and burn strategy will not help grow the company.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IF you are NEW to the industry this is a good company to join for a short period of time and learn about industry and allow you to decide if this type of career is a good fit. People who do well here have pride in the company. Good ATS.

Cons

If you are an experienced recruiter you will be very disappointed in ICS. There is a lack of clarity in the organization with commissions and profit margins. Salary is extremely low and not competitive. Frat house attitude and the company uses an excuse of "work hard-play hard" to justify behavior. Drinking/drug use on company trips, happy hour on friday to end the week on a "good note" and help you forget how bad the week really is. They are one of many vendors to clients, company does not operate with ethical reasoning in situations when it comes down to the RIGHT choice vs profitable choice. Employees are not empowered to make decisions. They do a lot of things the way in recruiting but the reasoning behind the actions are not ethical, looking to take advantage of candidates instead of truly work with them.

Ex. for referrals management would prefer for recruiters to give gift cards instead of writing a check so they can avoid taxes and paperwork.

This company is a rumor mill, prepare to be judged by peers and management. Management and recruiters are friends so if something goes wrong blame will be moved to someone else. Sales believes they are more important than recruiters so do not expect equal treatment.

They have a makeshift HR department and should you report something be ready for the company to retaliate...because HR is friends with management...

As someone with several years of experience in the industry I will say there are numerous better options in the Minneapolis area for someone in recruiting.

If you join ICS you will probably have fun, you will enjoy many of the folks you work with, but you will not have job security, you will be stressed even if you are at 200% of goal, you will not be respected and you will be forced to chose one of two paths; will you take an ethical path or Infinity Consulting Solutions path?

Advice to Management

Create a real HR dept, grow up and stop telling sexual stories to your employees, be humble, report finances accurately, remember consultants and internal employees are actually people.....

"Be very objective about working firbthis company."

Former Employee - Corporate Support Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Corporate Support Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Uncapped commissions on top of a salary mean that you don't have to struggle to get by when starting out, and you can potentially make a comfortable living depending on the type of recruiter you are.

Cons

They did not follow up on promised training, even when the national recruiting manager came to town for a week of training, I had maybe 3 total hours of time dedicated to my training. I was partially trained by someone that was still fairly new and did not fully know what she was doing. I was told several times that in my first 3-6 months their expectations of me were basically none. I had some early success that raised the bar, my manager was slacking at her position and not getting myself or my 2 coworkers enough to work on. Me and one other coworker (after I had been there about 2.5 months) were brought in for poor job performance, as we did not have enough to work on. So after receiving very little training and being told my expectations were none I was told I would have to go under performance review, and I resigned.

Advice to Management

Be honest with potential employees about what they can expect as far as the difference in commission between IT and corporate support. When you have 2/3 of a department not performing the issue is more than likely with a manager than the individual employees. Provide promised training to employees.

Infinity Consulting Solutions Response

Feb 24, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Candid feedback from both our current and former employees is appreciated here at ICS. We also value transparency and have an Open Door policy where employees are ... More

"Receptionist"

Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pleasant and helpful staff. They are available to resolve problems and answer questions. They treat their consultants with respect. They follow-up with you immediately to ensure there are no problems with the assignment. They pay on time.

Cons

Electronic time keeper is a little confusing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Senior IT Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Infinity Consulting Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Uncapped commissions will allow you to earn a very comfortable living. Great opportunity

Cons

Long hours and tights candidate market

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

As someone who was placed at a client as a contract-for-hire, I very pleased to have been interviewed first by ICS to ensure that my skills were appropriately aligned to the client's position requirements. Tom McTigue was a professional throughout the process. I recommend him and ICS highly.

Cons

I observed no cons for ICS.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage the intelligent evaluation of candidates you place at clients.

"Great Company! Great Team"

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Recruiter in New York, NY

Pros

Great team environment. Everyone is very helpful to eachother

Cons

The sales teams are very competitive

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work