Infinity Consulting Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Klares

"Brainwash you to think it's ok to make a small salary"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are fun, they do yearly trips and over embrace happy hours

Cons

There are many cons, you make 35K your first year if you want no commission otherwise you can take 20K and commission 6 months in. You drop to 30K after 12 months. Work days are 8-6PM minimally, more like 7:30-7 realistically. You can’t expect flexibility if you need to go to the doctor or your kids event unless it’s after work. They make you write the president of the company 90 days in advance if you want to request a day off. You have off 8 holidays a year but they WILL expect you to work them unless it is a major holiday like Christmas. Consultants are looked at like dollar signs-paperwork is skipped to reduce federal/state taxes and other stuff that is not so good. People work their butts off and are not rewarded with anything but more work. The recruiters are fun but the language and behavior is crude. I would not recommend working for ICS.

Advice to Management

Happy hours do not make everything all better; you need to figure out how to be flexible and rewarding to employees who succeed at ICS. In addition, the place needs to be more professional and less like a zoo.

"stay away"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

Pros

They have some good clients but much fewer than other agencies

Cons

The recruiters constantly turnover. They get graded fir how many phone calls they make so they waste your time with calls. The senior management is incompetent.

Advice to Management

get some professionals in the organization please!

"Be very objective about working firbthis company."

Former Employee - Corporate Support Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Corporate Support Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Uncapped commissions on top of a salary mean that you don't have to struggle to get by when starting out, and you can potentially make a comfortable living depending on the type of recruiter you are.

Cons

They did not follow up on promised training, even when the national recruiting manager came to town for a week of training, I had maybe 3 total hours of time dedicated to my training. I was partially trained by someone that was still fairly new and did not fully know what she was doing. I was told several times that in my first 3-6 months their expectations of me were basically none. I had some early success that raised the bar, my manager was slacking at her position and not getting myself or my 2 coworkers enough to work on. Me and one other coworker (after I had been there about 2.5 months) were brought in for poor job performance, as we did not have enough to work on. So after receiving very little training and being told my expectations were none I was told I would have to go under performance review, and I resigned.

Advice to Management

Be honest with potential employees about what they can expect as far as the difference in commission between IT and corporate support. When you have 2/3 of a department not performing the issue is more than likely with a manager than the individual employees. Provide promised training to employees.

Infinity Consulting Solutions Response

Feb 24, 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Candid feedback from both our current and former employees is appreciated here at ICS. We also value transparency and have an Open Door policy where employees are ... More

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

IF you are NEW to the industry this is a good company to join for a short period of time and learn about industry and allow you to decide if this type of career is a good fit. People who do well here have pride in the company. Good ATS.

Cons

If you are an experienced recruiter you will be very disappointed in ICS. There is a lack of clarity in the organization with commissions and profit margins. Salary is extremely low and not competitive. Frat house attitude and the company uses an excuse of "work hard-play hard" to justify behavior. Drinking/drug use on company trips, happy hour on friday to end the week on a "good note" and help you forget how bad the week really is. They are one of many vendors to clients, company does not operate with ethical reasoning in situations when it comes down to the RIGHT choice vs profitable choice. Employees are not empowered to make decisions. They do a lot of things the way in recruiting but the reasoning behind the actions are not ethical, looking to take advantage of candidates instead of truly work with them.

Ex. for referrals management would prefer for recruiters to give gift cards instead of writing a check so they can avoid taxes and paperwork.

This company is a rumor mill, prepare to be judged by peers and management. Management and recruiters are friends so if something goes wrong blame will be moved to someone else. Sales believes they are more important than recruiters so do not expect equal treatment.

They have a makeshift HR department and should you report something be ready for the company to retaliate...because HR is friends with management...

As someone with several years of experience in the industry I will say there are numerous better options in the Minneapolis area for someone in recruiting.

If you join ICS you will probably have fun, you will enjoy many of the folks you work with, but you will not have job security, you will be stressed even if you are at 200% of goal, you will not be respected and you will be forced to chose one of two paths; will you take an ethical path or Infinity Consulting Solutions path?

Advice to Management

Create a real HR dept, grow up and stop telling sexual stories to your employees, be humble, report finances accurately, remember consultants and internal employees are actually people.....

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

high energy office, good location in the loop

Cons

overly competitive work environment, commissions paid out on 3 month delay, bad leadership, no work-life balance

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time

Pros

Commission is nice when you can make the placements. Free water.

Cons

ICS is a joke. Don't work there. You'll probably get fired cause they don't want to pay you anymore after the first year cause if you're not hitting your numbers, you're considered unprofitable.

Metrics are outrages and expectations burn you out.

No one cleans out the fridge and the printer is always out of toner.

"In a word... Favoritism"

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time

Pros

If you're looking for a launching-pad for your first year after college, you can position yourself during your time at ICS to be more marketable in your next venture.

Cons

The culture at ICS can be very exclusive. If you're a part of the older/original team, you can do no wrong and will be recognized with opportunities for advancement/growth. Joining the team now means that you will be known by your productivity numbers and any merit you show beyond that is not likely to be taken into consideration.
    The room for you to be your own person and "run your desk like your own business" doesn't actually exist at ICS. You're expected to morph into the person that the ICS's training crushes you into being (with a trainer who enjoys making people cry); that person is brash, money-hungry, always one-upping coworkers, and superficial.

Advice to Management

An annual trip and fancy dinners doesn't negate the day-in-day-out barrage and grind of ICS's demeaning culture, which includes a longer daily schedule at no extra pay, a reduced quality of life/inability to leave work at work, and the hard-handed method that your recruiters are expected to treat their candidates with.

"I don't think so"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Virginia (South Africa)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Virginia (South Africa)

Pros

a paycheck is what you get for a short time

Cons

They count your phone calls more than placements. They make you dance sexy when you do a placement. Company trips where you can drink and hook-up. Is this a company or frat house?
    Don't be fooled by awards, business awards are not real, you have to pay and apply. If you pay, you get the reward , it's like buying a marketing campaign.

Advice to Management

try to be more professional

Infinity Consulting Solutions Response

Apr 5, 2016 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to respond with your feedback. One of the things that makes ICS so great is our diverse culture where we employ people of all ages, races, and a wide range and breadth ... More

"Just another recruiting company."

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of PTO, convenient midtown location

Cons

Ignorant and narrow-minded management in a volatile workplace. There is no greater purpose in this company, recruiters are just there to make money (anyway they can), dishonest work ethic. Everyone is a solo player, there is no team work, no camaraderie. No training and development, terrible benefits packages.

Advice to Management

Value your employees a little more, show your appreciation, a little motivation goes a long way.

"Frat Boy Club"

Pros

Nice location, organized system.
    Input from other offices and AM's was good.
    Initial training and support were as expected.

Cons

Loud, unfocused staff
    Abrasive manner

Advice to Management

Goals management need work, accountablilty should be an equal goal for all.