Infinity Consulting Solutions 40 Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Klares

1. "Amazing place"

Pros

Everything here is amazing. Great people

Cons

Can't think of many to be honest

2. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time

Pros

It is a great place to work for.

Cons

Not many to choose from.

"In a word... Favoritism"

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time

Pros

If you're looking for a launching-pad for your first year after college, you can position yourself during your time at ICS to be more marketable in your next venture.

Cons

The culture at ICS can be very exclusive. If you're a part of the older/original team, you can do no wrong and will be recognized with opportunities for advancement/growth. Joining the team now means that you will be known by your productivity numbers and any merit you show beyond that is not likely to be taken into consideration.
    The room for you to be your own person and "run your desk like your own business" doesn't actually exist at ICS. You're expected to morph into the person that the ICS's training crushes you into being (with a trainer who enjoys making people cry); that person is brash, money-hungry, always one-upping coworkers, and superficial.

Advice to Management

An annual trip and fancy dinners doesn't negate the day-in-day-out barrage and grind of ICS's demeaning culture, which includes a longer daily schedule at no extra pay, a reduced quality of life/inability to leave work at work, and the hard-handed method that your recruiters are expected to treat their candidates with.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Pros

Ehhh...just unstable there isn't much to talk about here...

Cons

Bad managers, No real clients alot of dead leads and non exsistent positions

Advice to Management

Get real managers

6. "Business Development"

Current Employee - IT Account Manager
    Current Employee - IT Account Manager

I have been working at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time

Pros

Tons of opportunity if you work hard. Great leadership. Passionate and driven team.

Cons

Like any sales career- It's a numbers game.

7. "tech recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great management and training, company culture like family

Cons

can be too micro managed

Advice to Management

doing great!

8. "A great place to learn!"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to learn the ins and out of placement. You will learn first hand what it takes to be a great Recruiter. The pace is fast, and there are always jobs and candidates. You just have to make the perfect match. Easier said than done but these guys have a great training program. There is opportunity to grow and they do promote often. Most people learn, and leave for internal recruiter positions within major companies. The CEO and Co-Founders are super nice and super fair. Can't say enough about them.

Cons

ICS literally has a high school locker room atmosphere. If you can't take being yelled at, cursed at, verbally abused and publicly embarrassed, etc. This place is not for you. While it's all fun and games, it's a no-no in my books when the customer hears the raunchiness over the phone. Very often your client will say...wow, it sounds like you're having a big party in the background! You will need thick skin and ear plugs to work here. Lastly, lots of reports to fill out. They track everything and I mean everything.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring just newly minted college grads. This churn and burn strategy will not help grow the company.

"An Opportunity for a Successful Career"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I currently work for ICS and have been here for over 4 years. I can honestly say that I love working for this company. I started off with very little experience and have grown so much with the help of senior management. I was trained directly by the National Recruitment Manager and every member of Management as well as my co-workers in the Chicago office played a part in my growth.

As far as training goes, I was provided a training manual day one and myself, the National Recruitment Manager and another new employee sat down and read it thoroughly. After that, they allowed me to learn on the job, I was able to put into practice what I read in the training manual without being micromanaged. I was able to listen to how others in the office conducted business with their candidates/clients and there were many opportunities for me to shadow senior members of the team. Each week, during my training, I was sat down to discuss my progress and was given the time to give my opinion and express any concerns I had. That was when I realized the company cared about me as a person and I was not just a number for them.

My co-workers became people I trust and senior management always had an open door policy. I have never felt like I could not call or walk into the office of any one of the Managers. After I worked for the company for a few years, I was still provided monthly sit downs with my Manager who checked in on me and really cared about my professional growth. I was even on the phone with the CEO on a Saturday once when I was seeking growth within the company and wanted to discuss potential internal opportunities.

As far as growth goes, they prefer to keep internal employees growing which is nice to see because I was able to watch my co-workers grow into new positions such as Recruiters who wanted to move into Account Management, Account Managers who wanted to open up offices in other cities and they have even created new positions such as Recruitment Manager so that way each office has someone locally we could reach out to directly for support.

From working here the past few years, I have noticed that ICS is really growing; opening offices in other cities around the US and I have watched co-workers transfer locations when they still wanted to work for ICS but wanted to relocate. There are many opportunities available for growth and they encourage us to come to them if we have an idea of a position we would like to create within the company.

I would recommend ICS to anyone who is willing to work hard, prove themselves and wants to be rewarded for that either financially or by professional growth.

Cons

Unfortunately, I have seen people come and go. Recruiting/Sales is not for everyone. The hours are long but it pays off when you are making money for the work you put in

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within!! It’s been incredible to watch this company and each employee grow and I believe it is building a strong culture for all of us. I am thankful for the support Management has always provided me in both my professional and personal life.

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions full-time

Pros

Commission is nice when you can make the placements. Free water.

Cons

ICS is a joke. Don't work there. You'll probably get fired cause they don't want to pay you anymore after the first year cause if you're not hitting your numbers, you're considered unprofitable.

Metrics are outrages and expectations burn you out.

No one cleans out the fridge and the printer is always out of toner.

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Infinity Consulting Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

high energy office, good location in the loop

Cons

overly competitive work environment, commissions paid out on 3 month delay, bad leadership, no work-life balance