Influitive Intern Reviews | Glassdoor

Influitive Intern Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2019

Found 12 reviews

4.8
Influitive CEO Mark Organ (no image)
Mark Organ
  1. "Solid internship"

Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Influitive for less than a year

Pros

Managers care about development, free lunch and snacks, social events

Cons

Management seems to be a rotating door

Influitive2019-07-19
  2. "Inlfuitive is an awesome place to work and to lean something new."

Current Intern - QA Intern in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive for less than a year

Pros

Everybody is very friendly and helpful. QA intern is the perfect position for you if you love programming but never really worked in a software company. It will give you lots of exposure to different areas. There is a dedicated intern social budget each term! Variety of snacks available all the time in the kitchen.

Cons

The office is located in downtown, rent is expensive.

Influitive2019-07-03

"Great environment for a flexible internship and opportunities to learn."

Current Intern - Customer Success Intern

I have been working at Influitive

Pros

I had the opportunity to work in two different positions with the company. In one position, I was remote and in another, I was in office. In both cases, I had a great experience! The workplace is very flexible if you are an effective worker. As an intern, I learned a lot about different business processes and felt comfortable in the workplace. - Win as a team, collaborate and learn together - Let's you go... beyond your job description to grow yourself professionally - Positive energy, encouraging new ideas from employees of all ranks - Departments mingle and do not work in silos, it is truly a team environment - Modern open concept office space, sufficient seating, lounges, standing desks - Great perks and fun environment like food, drinks, snacks, ping pong

Cons

- At times it can be fast paced which depending on your personality can be super exciting or it may be overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome!

Influitive2018-02-28
  4. "Unreal company culture!!"

Current Intern - QA Intern

I have been working at Influitive for less than a year

Pros

Everyone gets their job done but also like to have fun. Perfect work life balance

Cons

Wish there was free lunch not just on Mondays and Fridays

Advice to Management

Doing a great job! Keep up the good work

Influitive2017-06-08
  5. "Round 2 Does Not Disappoint!"

Current Intern - Intern in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, people and perks! Second time interning, and it's like I never left at all, it feels great to be welcomed back so warmly and see so many familiar and friendly faces.

Cons

I think the only things missing at this point are better inter-departmental communication and a more robust compensation approach.

Advice to Management

It would be awesome to do more hackathons and company-wide brainstorming sessions. I feel like there are a lot of great ideas out there that just need a solid platform to be shared.

Influitive2017-06-02

"Best co-op experience"

Marketing Intern

I have been working at Influitive

Pros

This has been one of the best co-op experience ever. Everyone at Influitive is friendly and welcomes you with open arms. Catered lunches 3x a week as well as unlimited snacks are just one of the many perks Influitive offers. If you love being challenged and the fast pace environment, I would highly recommend you to apply!

Cons

With the fast pace environment, be prepared to work overtime and around the clock.

Influitive2016-12-05

Influitive Response

January 24, 2017CEO

Thanks for your recognition of our company. I look forward to learning how we can improve your experience.

"Intern Review"

QA Intern

I have been working at Influitive

Pros

-Very nice work culture -All the staff members are very welcoming -Access to couches, bean bags, and hammocks to work! -Many opportunities to grow and learn (and you learn quick!) -Very fun!

Cons

-Was really confused during the first week and felt like I couldn't contribute very much

Influitive2016-05-11
  8. "My 4 month internship at Influitive was such an enriching and fun experience!"

Former Intern - Intern in Toronto, ON

I worked at Influitive for less than a year

Pros

I had my co-op work term placement at Influitive for 4 months and boy, it was such an incredible journey. Internships can sometimes have a stain with students as being given mere mundane tasks that don't really provide a valuable contribution to the organization but at Influitive, there is no such thing. Firstly, the office culture of Influitive is amazing in that I instantly felt welcomed and a part of the family.... I felt comfortable very early on in sharing my insights and knew and felt that I was genuinely being listened to. Influvians are all so approachable, friendly and always willing to help and their passion for what they do is contagious. Secondly, in my interview, I was asked what were my passions and interests and in my initial meeting with my boss, I was provided with tasks that were tailored to those said interests. That to me, shows how invested Influitive is into their employees and into their personal growth and development. Thirdly, the tasks and projects I was given were no way mundane tasks. The work I did had a direct impact on customers and I was able to really contribute to a company I had come to really love and enjoy working in. Also, it is a place where everyday is not the same and that is a high pro for me, given the fast-pace of the company, there are constant, exciting changes and new things to work on.

Cons

In my experience there, I was given tasks and it was totally up to me on how to go about to accomplish them. I was not micro-managed through the process which I personally preferred however, it may not be as comfortable for others.

Advice to Management

Keep up the incredible office culture! I really appreciated how transparent the leadership team is to the rest of the organization, I feel it really aligns and drives the team.

Influitive2014-12-27

Influitive Response

January 6, 2015CEO

Thanks for your terrific feedback! I'm glad that your experience was positive. You are absolutely right though that internships here favor those who are can work autonomously and independently.

9. "Once in a Lifetime Opportunity"

Former Intern - Intern in Toronto, ON

I worked at Influitive for less than a year

Pros

Being a part of the team at Influitive was truly one of the best experiences of my life! My short time spent there was unbelievable. I am very honoured to have been a part of something so special. All the employees that work at Influitive offered me a warm welcome and were very genuine. In return for your hard work and dedication, they treat you like royalty with a high-tech office space and top-notch food. The... workspace is great for collaboration and teamwork.

Cons

If you are not able to work to your maximum potential the high pressure situations may get the best of you.

Influitive2014-10-16
  10. "Intern: Fantastic people, culture, ownership of the product"

Former Intern - Product Management Intern in Toronto, ON

I worked at Influitive for less than a year

Pros

Advocate marketing is a growing category, and Influvians are all about enabling advocate marketers to connect personally with their customers easier. As an intern, I immediately noticed how friendly and easy it was to approach anyone in the company for help. Everyone who works at Influitive is there because they want to be and will go out of their way to make things work. In our downtime (e.g. lunch,... evenings/weekends), the team likes to unwind and hang out with food, board games, by the pool, ... you name it. If you're thinking about Influitive, you'd better be ready to have fun with your colleagues and life-long friends. From the start of my internship, I owned my projects and work. The successes or failures were in my control and with the company's resources available to me, I learned to get things done at an accelerated rate. If I needed guidance, I could find a team member or get an introduction to someone with the experience required. Finally, the work environment was amazing. With Influitive's office, I could move around throughout the day to a different space to jog my creativity or just get a change of pace.

Cons

Moving from a corporate position to a startup position, my paycheck took quite the haircut, but it was worth it for the incredible learning opportunity and people I met during my internship. Going back to school without catered lunches has been a tough transition.

Influitive2014-09-07