Influitive Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Marketing

Influitive Marketing Reviews

Updated 4 Sep 2019

4.9
Influitive CEO Mark Organ (no image)
Mark Organ
  1. "Perfect learning environment for an internship"

Current Intern - Content & Product Marketing in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive for less than a year

Pros

From day one, Influitive goes to the farthest lengths to ensure that as an intern you are trained properly to do your job as creatively as possible. Catered lunches on Mon, Fri, free snacks, and stand up desks are the gifts of the start up world that Influitive offers at their space. Leaders are kind and encourage open dialogue from interns as well to pitch in ideas. Highly recommend this workplace to any intern or... full time grad!

Cons

None at this moment, but still have not tested workflow

Advice to Management

Love the environment here, thank you for all that you've done for employee health.

Influitive2019-09-04

"Work hard, play hard"

Current Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Influitive fosters an incredible environment to learn and grow in your professional career. The management team truly trusts each employee to move the needle for the organization. You're given the power and autonomy to do your job, with management supporting and coaching along the way. Another huge pro of Influitive is working with some really smart people. Day in and day out, you'll learn something new from... your peers!

Cons

Influitive is still scrappy. As a tech startup navigating our way to profitability, you shouldn't be surprised that resources are sometimes tight. Management will always work to ensure you have what you need to do the job, but they expect creativity to find a better way within the resource limitations.

Influitive2019-07-03
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Good Managers"

Former Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I worked at Influitive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule Attentive managers Free lunch Great culture

Cons

Need more of a balance between youth and experience

Influitive2018-01-26

February 3, 2018CEO

Thanks for your review. I would like to hear more from you on the balance that you seek between youth and experience. That is something I think about a lot! In general I do like to bet on young people that may not have all the experience that they need, but they make up for it with passion and drive. It's a formula that has worked well for me, especially as we have a culture that puts growth and development ahead of just about everything else. That said, we support our young leaders with lots of coaching and training so that they level up quickly.

5. "A great place to work"

Current Intern - Content Marketing

I have been working at Influitive for more than a year

Pros

I've been here for multiple work terms, and have had so many opportunities to grow and learn! It's possible to get a lot of experience working on different projects. The best part, however, is the people who work here- everyone is so interesting and welcoming.

Cons

-Can be some difficulties in maintaining work-life balance (this isn't a struggle I had, but I've noticed it in others) -Strategies change very quickly (again, not necessarily a con, but something to be aware of) -Can be a lack of transparency around what's going on in other departments (need better communication)

Advice to Management

Be transparent about changes happening in the company. Keep working on developing the culture and making sure people have reasons to stay.

Influitive2017-06-01

"Best co-op experience"

Marketing Intern

I have been working at Influitive

Pros

This has been one of the best co-op experience ever. Everyone at Influitive is friendly and welcomes you with open arms. Catered lunches 3x a week as well as unlimited snacks are just one of the many perks Influitive offers. If you love being challenged and the fast pace environment, I would highly recommend you to apply!

Cons

With the fast pace environment, be prepared to work overtime and around the clock.

Influitive2016-12-05

January 24, 2017CEO

Thanks for your recognition of our company. I look forward to learning how we can improve your experience.

"Best experience of my career"

Former Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I worked at Influitive full-time

Pros

Influitive is a truly exceptional company that I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking to challenge themselves, learn a ton, have fun and push their career to the next level. In an age where startups are the fashionable place to be, Influitive separates itself from other startups that I have worked for previously with its big and compelling vision, open and transparent culture, mature and experienced... leadership and most importantly - an incredible team. Influitive has all the perks that you're probably looking for - beautiful office, unlimited vacation, great benefits, generous education budget, catered food, but what it truly provides is an extremely faced paced environment for you to learn and grow. I felt significantly more engaged and empowered at Influitive than I have at previous jobs and I believe that is a testament to the company culture and the way that the company is run. For marketers specifically, the opportunity to marketer to marketers, create a new marketing category, and be part of a marketing-first culture (which is extremely rare in B2B companies) is another huge benefit of working at Influitive.

Cons

The company and team has big expectations. As a result, you need to be prepared for a high level of work and commitment. This is not a place to coast and many new employees are surprised by just how fast how Influitive runs. Influitive faces some challenges in slowdown of growth, which is not unusual for the stage of company, but it has had an effect on employee morale. Just like many other early-stage companies,... Influitive's biggest challenge is with product-market fit amongst its customer base and it needs to continue to innovate on the product to better meet the needs of its customers.

Advice to Management

Overall, the management knows what they're doing and they are very in tune with the feelings of the rest of the team. I encourage them to continue to be as transparent as possible. I believe that Influitive needs to continue to innovate on the product, and this should be the most-important area of focus for the company.

Influitive2016-10-07

January 24, 2017CEO

Thank you for your recognition of our company. It means a lot to me. Totally agreed with your advice on transparency. There is so much more I want to do in that area. We are going to get to our goal when everyone understands what is going on and they are empowered to do what they need to do. Also right about innovation in the product. The product, eng and design teams are fired up like I haven't seen them before, and you're going to see some remarkable innovation from us this year. Thank you for diligent work in service of our mission. We all wish you much success as you further your career.

"Couldn't ask for more"

Current Employee - Events Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and work environment. Incredibly smart peers. Everyone is onboard because of their on merits, no BS. Incredibly transparent organization, too. In our town halls, for instance, the CEO and other C-Level executives openly answers all sort of questions. Lots of opportunity to grow and to make a real impact on the business. Business that, by the way, you're also an owner. Lastly, the company is truly... worried about your career and professional growth and will give you full support to achieve that. Passionate clients, cool offices, cool perks and all that was said on other reviews.

Cons

Fast-paced environment, to say the least. You'll play hard, but will work hard, too. Some processes are still not in place or being developed as we grow, so there's some trial and learning.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing great. Love the transparent approach and the culture you've built. Keep doing what you're doing.

Influitive2015-11-22

"Great place to work and grow professionally"

Current Employee - Marketing Operations Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong seasoned team Open culture Focus on personal growth Innovative culture

Cons

Very long hours and could be stressful at times. However, the outcome is well worth it!

Influitive2014-02-26

"Hard-working but fun, flexible and progressive"

Current Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Influitive full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Only the best of the best are hired (very carefully - it's not unusual for the hiring process to take quite a while). As a result, turnover is very low and employee satisfaction is very high. - Leadership is proven and experienced. They're more than willing and able to teach, train and lead more junior employees along the way. You can learn a lot here in a very short period of time. - Influitive is NOT a place... where your colleagues drag their carcasses into the office every day, clocking in at 8:59 and out at 5:01. Everyone who works here is driven, passionate and, most importantly, wants to be here. - Freedom, autonomy, collaboration, innovation, challenge, growth - these aren't just buzz words, they're part of everyday life at Influitive. - The people are also just fantastic human beings and employees regularly hang out together outside of work, organizing dinners, drinks, board game nights, poker games, sports, etc. - Progressive and balanced: Leaders don't just pay lip service to the idea of physical/mental well-being - they know that productive employees have lives outside of work and, as long as you make a solid effort to do a good job, are very accommodating of a variety of circumstances. - Everyone's voice is welcomed and heard. It doesn't matter how junior/senior you are, your ideas and opinions are solicited and taken just as seriously as anyone else's. If you believe strongly in something, your colleagues, your boss and even the CEO will listen and consider what you have to say.

Cons

- Not all departments that should be aligned with one another are fully aligned yet. Fast growth means lots of things happen without the wider company knowing about them and it can feel a bit chaotic at times (although I think we all love that, in a way). - A lot of meetings. Super collaborative, yes, but some days it's difficult to find time to just put your head down and get work done. - A lot of email, although... I recognize that this is a problem at many companies.

Advice to Management

Bring the various functions and leaders into better alignment with one another so junior and mid-level employees aren't pulled in a bunch of different directions at once.

Influitive2014-02-25

September 18, 2014Chief of Staff

Thanks for submitting this thorough review, it is rewarding for us to see that the efforts we make to continuously deliver a fantastic experience for all employees are bearing fruit! We will strive to better align the various functions as we grow, since that alignment will become even more critical as we move up to 100, then 200 employees. Hopefully the team offsites we run, the town hall meetings and other initiatives such as OKRs are moving us towards that alignment, but we'll work to move the needle on that even further in the months ahead. Please take advantage of our open door policy and share with us any ideas you have for how to enhance inter-departmental alignment.

Found 9 reviews