Info-Tech Research Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Scott Bohannon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company does a great job of protecting a work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Very dynamic environment, great people (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • It takes more time for sales people to get going now than it used to (in 7 reviews)

• The CEO recently resigned because of misalignment with Senior Management and the mid managers were absolutely childish throughout that whole ordeal (in 7 reviews)

1. "Decent experience"

Former Employee - Consulting Analyst
    Former Employee - Consulting Analyst

I worked at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great coworkers; motivated, intelligent people to work with
    -You get to work on a lot of different projects and get exposed to many different problem areas

Cons

-The company is not really innovative at the end of the day. Most research is recycled and not much is done to really push the boundaries of best practices.

Advice to Management

-INNOVATE! The company's marketing machine is excellent, but the actual innovation side lags behind.

"Look Shiny Balls!"

Pros

Fun, parties all the time, fun day, barney's trips

Cons

Terrible pay, micro management, unclear direction, long hours, guilt trips, emotional decision making. Worked here for years and the company was fun just coming out of college, but then you grow up (unlike most of the management) and realize that getting perks like booze and trips to Barneys doesn't pay the bills. The CEO hires former employees from the competition and listens to every word they say like make people work from 8am-7pm without paying over time with garbage salaries. They think that hiring Ivey grads is the best direction and often pay them more than the folks that have been there for years. Ivey grads are smart enough to know that this is a sweat shop and the product is a nice to have, not something companies need. They don't even follow their own research so why should anyone else.

Advice to Management

Pay people better, don't expect them to stay when you throttle back sales reps commissions . Stop making decisions and over promising during social events then not deliver when the party is over on Monday. Start treating people like employees and stop calling them dogs.

"The potential to be great"

Current Employee - IT in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - IT in Ontario, CA

Pros

Great business model, wonderful people. Type of company where one person can have an impact and where one person can see the results of their efforts.

Cons

Long Hours, Poor Pay. Inconsistent Management Team, which means some managers are very weak and some are quite strong, but it is always the strong managers who end up shouldering the burden.
    Executive Team is quite inexperienced.

Advice to Management

Senior Management needs to work on the experience and skills they bring to the table and be willing to listen to and accept feedback.

"Fun and fulfilling work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people doing great work. Lots of room and opportunities to grow. The benefits are good and there are some surprisingly awesome perks. Senior management definitely cares about people.

Cons

Pay is set at industry average.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing people to innovate.

5. "great"

Pros

best place to work ever

Cons

dont have anything negative to say

"Our founder thinks this is a good place bc you don't get frostbite"

Pros

Our founder is really active on glassdoor, which despite his being insanely petty, shows deep down that he cares (he just has issues expressing it).

Cons

Our founder is more concerned with outward appearances than fixing the flaming like of operational garbage that is info-tech.

Advice to Management

Equitable Pay will go a long way to get ppl to accept this place and the terrible leadership that exists.
    Founder needs to retire.
    Founder needs to go to rehab.
    Founder needs to go to rehab, again.

"Really think twice before working here..."

Current Employee - Commercial Director in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Commercial Director in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not that many. It's a very cool office but that only gets you so far.

Cons

Too many to mention - the most poorly run company out there. Senior management are terrible - the acquire "manager" brags that all sales reps lie and his job is to ensure that he pokes holes in their outlooks. This is fine until you get to a point where there is abuse. I have seen managers make employees cry, humiliate women AND men for gaining weight in public, bully the employees until they can't take it anymore. This is not leadership - this is a bully and toxic environment. If this is the environment you want to work in, go for it but there is a reason the turnover rate is so high.
    The company does nothing to brand themselves and expects you to sell the value of a company that has very little market share. It thinks it can compete with the well established competition but having kids out of school provide thought leadership is insulting to customers. Many customers aren't aware of this and buy into the "sales pitch".

Advice to Management

Your friends are well taken care of but the rest of us want to be treated fairly and given the same opportunities. It's not fair that you help them make money and give the rest of us NO help and then have the audacity to put them on pedestals to show how successful they are. Really???? Pathetic and demotivating.

"Its sad to see that there are a couple of unhappy campers among us"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Several.......Take a tour through one of our offices or speak to one of our 'average' employees and you will see that a couple of bad apples do not spoil an entire firm.
    Another really good thing about working here is that I have never been in danger, meaning there are few physical hazards and every location is infact climate controlled.
    I've never had to perform first aid nor have I witnessed any of my colleague suffer from frostbite or heatstroke from this particular work environment....life is good.

Cons

-Knowing that there are some unhappy people still working here for whatever reason (based on glassdoor reviews).
    -My ex girlfriend clearly doesn't want me back, but it has nothing to do with Info-Tech.
    -Working with so many people that are super geniuses can be intimidating (I nod a lot as in ''oh right, that makes sense)

Advice to Management

Please let me do an hour training session for the entire team some time.....okay fine, half hour.

"Don't buy into the hype"

I worked at Info-Tech Research Group full-time

Pros

- The owner has connections in London, Ontario where the HQ is located, hence all the undeserved media coverage in the local media
    - Excellent at keeping up appearances and the facade of a "technology" firm (this is actually just a website that delivers powerpoint slides written by fresh business school grads)

Cons

- Read the other 1 to 3 star reviews, you will find truth in them
    - The company should update this page since the CEO has been gone for months
    - Pretty sure the owner needs a trip to a rehab facility
    - The accounting practices are a big red flag. Revenue is reported on future "renewable recurring revenue" that falls outside of the actual quarter in which the customer is invoiced...Seems legit
    - That "unhappy camper review", that person really loves the Kool-Aid they serve up here
    - The owner of the company replied/commented on some of the negative reviews here...that speaks volumes

Advice to Management

- I hope you all have really amazing bonuses, equity, profit-sharing and not a lot of alternative employment options because that's the only way how you treat your employees even begins to make any sense
    - Stop being sycophants, you are individual people, have some dignity
    - Stop peddling lies, it will haunt you, have some integrity

"It used to be great"

Pros

Decent Salary, opportunities to advance, lots of incentives

Cons

Been there a long time and changes to the commission and bonus structure has left me earning much less. Like 20K less. We're losing analysts, support staff, and account managers quicker than ever. The rate of change is overwhelming and training is chaotic at best. Working harder for less is a terrible feeling.

I used to love this place, used to look forward to the work day.

Now it just causes stress.

Advice to Management

Fix your commission structure and make bonuses attainable. Roll out new product at the beginning of the fiscal year instead of late in the year when everything is a scramble.