InfoCision Reviews in Boardman, OH | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
InfoCision CEO Craig Taylor
Craig Taylor

Pros
  • The ability to work with great people within department (in 19 reviews)

• They offered me a full time position with benefits when no one else had this opportunity available to me (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay compared to industry standards (in 20 reviews)

• HR said "I DONT WANT NO PEOPLE WHO ARE FROM THE GHETTO WORKING IN MY CALL CENTER" (in 17 reviews)

1. "Outbound sales rep"

Current Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Boardman, OH
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Boardman, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is amazing and they care about the employees

Cons

No morning shifts right now

"Communicator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

I worked at InfoCision part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours no one standing over your shoulder

Cons

If your not a phone person don't apply you are on the phones unless your on break

3. "Unprofessional"

Current Employee - Telecommunications in Boardman, OH
    Current Employee - Telecommunications in Boardman, OH

I have been working at InfoCision part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work around hours, for the most part.

Cons

BED BUGS!!! BED BUGS!!!!! No one was told by management
     I was told by a girl in the hall. When I spoke to the HR guy, he said he didn't know how people were finding out about the bed bugs. Also told me that if I ended up bringing bed bugs home with me, all I had to do was burn my furniture. Uhmm....HUHHHHHHHHH?!?!?!?
    Also, Supervisors never answer phones, they ring and ring and ring and ring, non stop. Communicators will be yelling out for Supervisors, but don't get helped when they ask. Supervisors air their grievances of other employees in front of everyone. They treat us like peons. Some people get trained 8 hrs+ for programs, others just get papers and a 2 minute PowerPoint presentation. When you say you don't know what you're doing, they shrug their shoulders and say you've been trained, you should know by now. Supervisors sit at their desks and browse Facebook. Go out to smoke frequently. Unprofessional as ever.

Advice to Management

Perhaps go back to training, yourselves. Have more compassion for other people's situations. The company doesn't revolve around YOU. If it weren't for the communicators, you wouldn't have a job either. Keep your ears open for people shouting out for help. Employ more supervisors if you need more help.

5. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boardman, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boardman, OH

Pros

Easy, get to sit down.

Cons

Boring, not great money, timed bathroom breaks.

Advice to Management

Don't time bathroom breaks. Some people actually do take a while in the bathroom. Those that smoke yeah go after them. Install cameras at the pavilion and doors and you will catch them.

"Survival job"

Former Employee - Communicator in Boardman, OH
    Former Employee - Communicator in Boardman, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay, that's about it.

Cons

Hours, pay is low, bad company culture, morally bankrupt management and ceo. Bonus structure,

7. "I have to work"

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you work hard you will be rewarded

Cons

You have to work to get paid. They only promote people who work hard. I worked 50% of my hours for the last 3 months but I worked 100% the first month I was there, they said I need to improve my attendance. I worked the first month what is wrong with them. They said I knew the policies because I signed the form explaining them. Don't they realized I did not read them. Why do the people who perform well get Bonus. I need money too, I can’t help I struggle on the phone.

Advice to Management

It should not matter if your good at the job. It should only matter if you come to work

8. "Good start up job. Bad career move."

Former Employee - Time Warner Cable in Boardman, OH
    Former Employee - Time Warner Cable in Boardman, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training. Good co-workers to work with.

Cons

Very low pay for the amount of work a person does. Supervisors seemed like they didn't want to help you while in a call. They also thought they were better then everyone else. Everyone does not like Fox News.

Advice to Management

Listen to the co-workers.

"Sales and Customer Service for Time Warner Cable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Friendly and helpful Supervisors. We always have a game or something to keep everyone motivated. Frequent Overtime (time and a half pay) availability & bonus incentives just for coming to work. Flexible schedules.

Cons

Lack of information from the clients make it hard to truly help customers. Sometimes gets so busy it's hard to enjoy all games and activities

Advice to Management

Keep it up. We went from little work to more than we can handle in under 2 years. Must be doing something right

10. "Information about working for InfoCision"

Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Boardman, OH
    Former Employee - Program Supervisor in Boardman, OH

I worked at InfoCision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sense of community among workers

Cons

Poor pay for experience
    Disorganized communication structure
    Poor account management
    Ineffective training program
    Inferior system technology
    Extreme warfare along management hierarchy

Advice to Management

Corporate really doesn't know what they are doing when it comes to retention

"I went Back to Infocision after being away"

I have been working at InfoCision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, friendly people, performance bonus

Cons

working Saturday or Sunday, clueless supervisors

Advice to Management

I recently went back to Infocision for another go at it. When I left, I thought I'd never ever go back.

To give background: I worked for Infocision in 2011 and part of 2012 and left for "greener pastures." Unfortunately I went to a company which overpromised and underdelivered. Even though I got weekends off and worked 8-5 there was a huge problem. The company bounced paychecks, consistently. There was such a cash flow problem and my "training pay" never went up even though I exceeded every goal. I was expected to run up and down the road to see customers and never got expenses reimbursed. And honestly, if I'm going to work I need my paycheck consistently!

I am going back because I always...always...always made my performance pay meaning I earned $12.25 hourly. Not a bad income for sitting and talking on the phone. As long as you attend work as scheduled, do two requests, and follow your script it's very easy and mindless.

For the most part, the supervisors are clueless. However, as long as you read your script, take your calls, and do what you are supposed to they simply leave you alone. Having been in a supervisory role in my past careers, these guys are nothing more than babysitters for the most part. I largely ignore them, and they me since I do what I'm supposed to do - read the script, do two requests, and show up on time.

Do I see this as a permanent career? Not likely! I have a college degree, years of marketing experience, and aspirations to start my own business. However, I am relieved to have a paycheck that doesn't bounce like a rubber ball! Until the economy fully recovers this is a consistent paycheck for very simple work.