InfoMC, Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Quadir A Farook

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing Company Willing to Make Changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at InfoMC, Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has returned to a focus on growth and innovation. They also care greatly about their employees as people. The environment is becoming fun again and less chaotic. Excited to see the growth opportunity and potential.

Cons

Longer hours during crunch times and releases. Need more cross training and better internal communication.

Advice to Management

Keep working on the improvement areas and don't lose sight of trying to have fun at work.

"Growing Company"

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Conshohocken, PA

Pros

InfoMC was a great place to work. I really enjoyed my co-workers and the get it done at all cost attitude. Sure we had tight deadlines and things were intense but we got the job done together. providing innovative products in a change work environment was very rewarding. Lunch was always brought in on Wednesdays. The office has a great gym. Yoga and Massages were offered on a rotating bases. Conshohocken is great town with wonderful food and bars.

Cons

InfoMc needs to fully get off its old code base. It also needs to do a better job gathering requirements upfront so the products built actually meet the clients need. For the most part it does a great job but one mistake early in the process can have cascading issues. Its better to get the design right upfront.

Advice to Management

Clean up the code so less time is spent fixing problems so the company can move onto new projects

"Excellent Potential...Missed Opportunities, though!"

Current Employee - Developer in West Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Developer in West Conshohocken, PA

Pros

This is a great company to work for in terms of work/life balance. The management is very reasonable and understanding with regard to family life. Also, this is a highly specialized industry niche and the potential ofr growth is definitely there.

Cons

Unfortunately, upper management is definitely NOT prepared in terms of professionalism, scope, and focus. There are many that value their own opinions and are not ready to listen to other professional advice, ideas, or suggestions. They bank on the company's Good Will established years ago...but have not capitalized on it progressively. The corporate culture is very archaic and it is almost impossible to move forward.

Advice to Management

If you hire professionals, then, listen to them. If you are working with consultaints that are suggesting direction, listen to them! Don't dismiss ideas, suggestions, or other people's experience because they don't necessarily line up with your own views.

"InfoMC is not for everyone"

Former Employee - Product & Ops
    Former Employee - Product & Ops

I worked at InfoMC, Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is difficult to imagine another company having a more talented, dedicated staff than at InfoMC. It may be a small company but the teams are competent and effective. With rare and short-lived exception, folks there are experts at their jobs and the work ethic and collaboration is unmatched. The depth and breadth of the knowledge in their market can't be overstated.
    InfoMC is a fun place to work... if you like a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere, if you're a self-starter, and if you enjoy working with smart, funny, caring people. The work is demanding but rewarding. Every day is different.
    One "pro" is lazy people don't stay long. In a place where everyone is the cream of the crop, if you're not contributing, you stick out like a sore thumb.
    I believe the company really wants to improve healthcare delivery through their products and their clients' successes. There are often group discussions about what more InfoMC could do to help their clients.
    I loved my time at InfoMC and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Cons

InfoMC is not for everyone. If you're not on your A game, you will have a hard time there. You need to be able to pick things up very quickly and deal with constant change. This isn't an environment for people who want to relax and ease through their day.
    They struggle with their culture. I think they confuse a supportive professional culture with socializing. They miss the mark by trying to "improve morale" with free lunches and other perks like having 2-3 hour "happy events" that burden deadlines by taking away critical resources during the day.
    They want to be a company that provides a great work-life balance but they still have a very old-fashioned mindset that can't quite embrace the remote working concept.
    There were some management ego issues that I saw but most were weeded out. I saw some good plans before I left.
    They only dipped their big toes in agile. Their development teams are as close to agile as they can get given the rest of the organization still operates like traditional SDLC. The way they handle all non-development challenges is out of date and is not agile.
    There are some employees who take on the majority of the work for the team. Teams need time to learn how to distribute the work evenly.
    When I was there, some were limping along with old equipment/software.

Advice to Management

Ignore the shiny objects. Stay focused only on what is planned.
    Strive to be an agile organization, not just develop that way. When a problem arises, - ask the team... not just the one person "in charge" of the team. No more archaic ego-stroking top-down management style.
    Stop thinking everyone needs to come into an office. If you hire the right people, it won't matter where in the world they are.
    Institute a reward program that is based on peer recognition instead of squeaky wheels or those who make themselves known to management. Folks in the trenches know exactly who does excellent work and who is difficult to work with. Management doesn't always see this.

And of course, the one that is in every review: LISTEN. your employees aren't out for "more for them." Trust that they want to work for a growing, successful company and they have lots of ideas to improve it. Tap into the talent of your teams. You have acres of diamonds in that field of yours. Your best ideas will come from within, not from an outsider. promise. :)

5. "I am glad I am not there anymore"

I worked at InfoMC, Inc full-time

Pros

No direction, no real management. Owned by Farook aka jay jay. Give me a break.

Cons

So they have free lunch on Wed.

"Waste of time"

I worked at InfoMC, Inc full-time

Pros

None, unless you like just showing up in an office and doing nothing

Cons

Complete absence of organizational structure, inability to deliver software, poor morale

"Lack of Focus - Lack of Strategy"

I worked at InfoMC, Inc full-time

Pros

Good work life balance, great parties, many talented people have been part of the team.

Cons

General lack of solid strategy, execution expertise and understanding of market need. This led to blaming the people at all levels and extremely high levels of turn over. Each new leader would shine for a while, then leave in frustration.

Advice to Management

Decide what you want to do, stick to it. When you have problems, look at yourself first. Have you provided solid leadership? Is the team clear on what is expected? Do you have systems to hold people accountable?

8. "Quickly Moving Forward"

I have been working at InfoMC, Inc full-time

Pros

One of the biggest joys of working for InfoMC is the people I work with. The culture at InfoMC is very strong and the people are very welcoming. I enjoy coming to work because I look forward to seeing my coworkers every day.

Due to the small size of the company, it is much easier to try on different hats, as they say. Job roles are flexible to some degree and you have the ability to learn new skills if you have the drive to do so. They key is that you must have the drive to succeed here. This is not a corporate environment where your path will be laid out for you. You need to set goals for yourself and communicate them to your manager so you can work toward your goals and have the appropriate assistance when needed.

The company is riding the tidal wave that is the Healthcare industry and trying to keep up with or even get ahead of some of the industry needs. With this comes opportunities for everyone here. If you can take your head out of the weeds during times of intense growth and change, it is satisfying to know that in the end, the little things you do to be a part of the big picture truly will help a population in need.

Overall, I see a constant drive for improvement from not just the employees, but more importantly, management. Nobody is perfect, but as long as you are improving, you are always moving in the right direction.

Cons

Sometimes the pace is hard to sustain. We are in a time of hyper growth and withing that comes time periods that can feel overwhelming. Those who are highly capable can take on too much responsibility if they are not careful.

We have recently had some leadership who have great vision and can identify area where we need to improve. The problem is that we need the right talent to be able to obtain a higher level in this industry.

"Balanced Review"

I have been working at InfoMC, Inc full-time

Pros

Company is in a great market with solid growth potential. Colleagues work well together across teams and the environment is friendly and loose. The pay and benefits are good and there are career advancement opportunities. The work is interesting and management allows for flexible work arrangements. Progress was made to strengthen a product that clearly had some issues.

Cons

It's a small company that needs to balance a number of factors (reality). The organization overpromised to some key clients 18-24 months ago resulting in some chaos that made life difficult for many employees. This created a high amount of turnover. Lack of a real organized training plan for employees. Tendency to focus on burning client issues vs. long term product plan (constant juggling).

Advice to Management

Continue with core market focus and do not over commit on capability. Make investments with current employees by strengthening learning and leadership programs. Reward those individuals that deserve it. Continue to make improvements to product. Strengthen Engineering and QA areas. People are you most important resources, keep them happy.

"Potential...."

I have been working at InfoMC, Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, usually offers a good work/life balance. Company is making an effort to improve on the culture, product, and processes.

Cons

Daily work life is hell. Their vision is to just plow full steam ahead without proper planning, testing, adequate staffing in the right positions. Ignores and/or sweeps under the rug blatant issues and problems.

Advice to Management

Instead of offering free lunches and wine, give the employees what they need--training, resources, skills.