Cover image for Infobip

Infobip CEO Silvio Kutic
Silvio Kutic

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Infobip and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Welcoming Place

Oct 12, 2022 - NOC Tier III Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The on-boarding process has made me feel very welcome with this integration of Infobip and Peerless.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Was a great company - before they started getting ready to go public. Now... not so much. Complete mess!!!!

Oct 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Three years ago I'd have a ton of pros to say. All of those pros slowly died over the past three years of perpetual changes, none for the better. The company has devolved to complete chaos. The only pro I can give... they're so large they are not going anywhere. But job stability is rare given the immense churn and turnover they have, constantly.

Cons

Lost all of it's soul the past year. Went from employee centric, to all about metrics. Constant changes have ruined the experience for many employees who left due to chaos, and being stuck between angry clients and a lack of support department, or lack of corporate structure. Multiple projects screwed up by Products team and upper management, then dumped on the workers to deal with (including the worst acquisition and integration ever) - literally have products that they cannot and do not support anymore, and yet have major clients still using the old stuff, causing major issues when there are any issues. - Support department is green and clueless, often guiding customers wrong, or misreading tickets completely with no oversight. - Leadership too interested in talking platitudes and to each other, than actually making changes to product or methodology. Because of this Infobip has always been behind competitors and clients alike in product maturity. Aside from core messaging, they are failing. - Minimum packages given for lay-offs (half month salary for people who worked over 4-5 years there!!!)

5 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Infobip team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

International environment with domestic thinking

Oct 27, 2022 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are able to work and learn with different types of people from different countries and nationalities

Cons

Little to no support from upper management. Attempts to find solutions to our issues were never acknowledged. Therefore, problems continued to be outstanding as months went by. Offered ESOP to North America employees just to say they were able to do it. Share price was not fair and with the way this company is functioning would never reach that strike price in the real market.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Purchased OpenMarket for it's customers and laid off all engineering staff

May 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The former OpenMarket employees that are still there.

Cons

Infobip bought OpenMarket on January 1, 2021, by July 01, they had released ~20% of the engineering staff, despite in their first meeting saying there would be a place for everyone currently at OpenMarket, that they wanted to expand the US teams, and that they were not going to do anything until they had understood OpenMarket's culture and what made us very successful. These were all lies! As of today they have laid off most all of the US based engineering staff, with the remaining being laid off in July. The reasoning for this, "The US Time Zone is too much for us to deal with" which is code for "If you aren't Croatian, you don't count here". Culturally Infobip is Toxic, with messenger rooms filled with racism, sexism, necrophilia jokes, and other memes that would make 4chan users blush, when brought to HR, this was dismissed, and hidden from view with a private room, while previous chat logs were deleted. If you get an offer from Infobip RUN!, though they will not be hiring any Engineering staff in the US, for those in Guadalajara, there are better companies hiring, Go there!

21 people found this review helpful

Employer Branding

We understand how you feel and value your point of view. We acknowledge that the changes after the acquisition process were challenging, although we have done everything possible to mitigate their impact. Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to define a site identity in the US due to time zone challenges and dependencies on EU teams where many of our core projects are being developed. After long & careful review of many options, we came to a tough decision to reduce our Engineering teams' workforce in the US. Everyone leaving the company will be treated fairly and respectfully. The severance packages have been defined by the internal policy and we will support the team members in this process. Infobip has absolutely zero tolerance and strict policies regarding discrimination, abuse, or harassment of our employees on any ground. To maintain our reputation of trust and high ethical principles, there are several options for our employees to report a concern, and one of them is the anonymous Speak Up Platform. Regarding the culture, our employees come from many backgrounds, and it is of great importance to us that all our employees feel respected and included. We have recently launched a global diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiative. We are currently undertaking a mandatory global training program for all managers and employees that will cover topics of unconscious bias, harassment & bullying, sexual harassment, and discrimination.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

No direction, no values and no ethics

Oct 7, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Apart from carrying over the OpenMarket (the company they took over) benefits, I haven't seen any pros from InfoBip itself.

Cons

InfoBip took over a very well functioning company OpenMarket, and tuned it into chaotic, no directions nothing, rudderless. They couldn't keep any of the promises they made during take over. No values, no ethics, just cares about the bottom line, lacks American spirit.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Ruined a great thing

May 5, 2022 - Senior Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generous Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedule

Cons

There is not much more to say about how Infobip's purchase of OpenMarket destroyed a once-great company. When Infobip first announced the "merger" (really, a buyout for OM's North-American customer base), they announced that there was "a place for everyone". Not only was that a complete lie in relation to job retention (bye, half of Seattle engineering!) but I'm not exactly sure how "a place for everyone" is compatible with their culture and company values. Upon merging our Slack instances, we were all exposed to hundreds of racist, sexist, ableist, anti-LGBTQ memes, including those making light of rape and necrophilia. This was in their largest public channel with over 4,000 members, and the content went back years. These posts were celebrated and added-on to by many across Infobip. When it was brought to the attention of management, rather than a direct shut-down and condemnation of the practice, there was an email that went out about respecting "other points of view", and the Slack channel was moved to a private server, so that pro-rape memes could live on in private. This is not a grown-up company. They are working toward their IPO and will do whatever it takes to get there. I for one will not be an investor.

21 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic culture

Mar 30, 2022 - Sales Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the clear leaders in the CPaaS market globally. Strong technical engineers and Product teams back in Croatia (HQ). Everyone loves in CEO - great guy who is incredibly smart and just fun to be around.

Cons

Infobip has lost a TON of people recently. Toxic senior management out of HQ has lead to bad or non-existent culture in the Sales team. The employee churn has gotten so bad that HQ has had to start moving people to the US (temporarily) to fill many roles - they simply cannot get US employees to stick around. Senior roles are seemingly not available unless you are Croatian or Italian.

27 people found this review helpful

Employer Branding

Thank you for your feedback. We are continually working to improve our strategy, team, and market share in the US and recognize that this has created some challenging situations. We are fortunate to be able to provide support throughout this transition period by utilizing the global resources we have available. If you have additional concerns, we encourage you to reach out to your Team Lead or People Operations team to discuss further.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Proud to be a Bipper!

Aug 4, 2022 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative culture, motivated & driven employees, supportive, helpful.

Cons

Being a global company, there seems to be a small disconnect /misunderstanding that not every region operates the same in terms of dealings, hiring, processes, etc.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hired by OpenMarket & when Infobip purchased - Could Not Stay

May 2, 2022 - Account Management in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are full of confidence! Their products and services were much broader than OpenMarket's, which is great.

Cons

I've been through multiple acquisitions as an employee and this one was the worst! The way employees who were let go were handled. Email communication sent to all employees in error about a sensitive matter including a department's layoffs and personal salaries/compensation information. The Infobip team overall are incredibly cocky. It made for an uncomfortable work environment.

30 people found this review helpful

Employer Branding

We are sorry to hear this. We understand the changes after the acquisitions process are not easy, and some good people are affected by the hard decisions we had to make. All the team members leaving the company will be treated fairly and respectfully. The severance packages have been defined by the internal policy and we will support the team members in this process. We wish you all the best in your future career.

11. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome place to work and advance your career!

Dec 21, 2021 - Account Executive in Jersey City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent SaaS Solutions which are huge market differentiators for Infobip/Openmarket - Huge growth expected in the years to come, especially in US market - Employees are great both in the US and internationally - Support system for sales reps is excellent, great resources for selling products and learning/training - You can stand by the products and services that you sell, they exceed the expectations of customers - The best place I've worked in my career, only left due to personal reasons - I'd recommend this company to anybody with a sales or tech background who is looking to work for an innovative company and advance their career.

Cons

- Infobip just acquired and merged with Openmarket which created some growing pains, but the benefits it has created greatly outweigh the negatives

2 people found this review helpful

Employer Branding

Thank you for the review and your advice. There is a lot more to come, so keep up the good work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 555 Reviews
</>Embed

Infobip Reviews FAQs

Infobip has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 627 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Infobip to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Infobip employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Infobip. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

84% of Infobip employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Infobip 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Infobip to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Infobip Job Seekers