Infoblox Reviews | Glassdoor

Infoblox Reviews

Updated January 18, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great environment and work life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Overall it is a great place to be that has a great culture and many areas you can advance your career (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of engagement from upper management (in 9 reviews)

• work load and no work life balance (in 4 reviews)

"Used to be good ...."

I worked at Infoblox full-time

Pros

Good working environment, fair pay, stock options and benefits.

Cons

Management turnover created a lot of employee turnover in our department. Company was bought out and went private, stock options are no more. With all of the changes, hard to recommend.

Advice to Management

Promote stability.

Aug 22, 2017 – Infoblox

Thank you for your review and feedback. While we acknowledge the change you mentioned in your cons, we see it as a positive. We expected some turnover as its normal when companies transition from... More

"G&A"

Pros

Company has good pay and pretty good benefits. Moved to unlimited PTO when became clear that buyout by Vista private equity firm meant no more RSU's or employee stock purchase plans shares. CEO has clear vision but loss of institutional knowledge from loss of long time employees is worrisome. Corporate culture better than many other companies. Product has 50% market share so still very attractive as a saleable product.

Cons

Company morale seems soaring at Tacoma, WA location, but sagging badly in Santa Clara, CA HQ which has offshored many Finance roles to India in recent months. Recent compaction of all Santa Clara employees from 2 buildings into 1 has added some energy, but added to stress too. Turnover still too high. Vista's silly online personality testing before and after hire seems a bit intrusive and big brother like. Losing some good job candidates that don't want to deal with this type of nonsense. Way too many employees looking to get out. No longer seems like a long term home, which is sad.

Advice to Management

Transparency talked about often, but not always followed through. Should offer some alternate type of financial incentives to stay longer term, since equity has been taken away. Sr. Mgmt. still has equity from Vista, but no longer a broad based plan. Should be some discretionary grants so top performers could still get recognized, or perhaps cash awards. Still need to beef up 401K match more, since other benefits have shrunk.

Aug 31, 2017 – Infoblox

Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced review. This is helpful information for future business planning and your advice to management will certainly be discussed. We stand by our products and... More

"Employee"

I worked at Infoblox full-time

Pros

Good customer base. Many good people.

Cons

Too many top priority projects all going on at the same time.

Advice to Management

Balance time working on presentations for your owners and meeting with customers.

Aug 31, 2017 – Infoblox

Thank you for feedback. We will share with the management team.

"Finance"

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

camaraderie, work and life balance

Cons

lack of stock (private), change management, employee turnover

Aug 31, 2017 – Infoblox

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We value you as an employee and hope you feel that way. While we have gone to a privately held company, there are many great benefits of being a privately... More

"Infoblox Review"

Current Employee - Sales in Nowhere, OK
    Current Employee - Sales in Nowhere, OK

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to sell product with practical use in legacy IT organizations

Cons

Laggard in technology evolution and mixed marketing messaging.

"Disappointing"

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be a great place to work. People were generally helpful and friendly.

Cons

After the buyout, a lot of people left and morale is near zero. Firing people and moving jobs to Tacoma, WA. Marketing lacks consistent vision and messaging.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring your management solely by nepotism. Just because you worked with them at blah-blah doesn't mean they're a good fit for the company.

Aug 31, 2017 – Infoblox

Although there have been some changes post acquisition, our core values have remained the same. Transparency, Collaboration and the No Jerks policy remain key to our culture. Employee referrals are... More

"No god days"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Infoblox full-time

Pros

Imagine collaborative teamwork and professionalism. Imagine functional processes and information to manage a business. Imagine excellent thought and creativity. Imagine a coherent strategy. Keep imagining. This doesn’t happen at Infoblox.

Cons

Infoblox has B and C players in leadership positions. Their dismal track record continues. The results and outlook were totally predictable.

You have been warned.

Advice to Management

Issue hazmat suits to employees to insulate them from the toxic culture.

Sep 5, 2017 – Infoblox

I don’t recall the God days, but they sound great! I would have liked to have been here during that time

Thanks for your feedback. Hopefully you brought some of your concerns to your management... More

"A bright shining star, no a dull sinking ship"

Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer

I worked at Infoblox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

An amazing startup with a go to history that any silicon valley company would be jealous of

A rich and rewarding experience through April 2012.

Cons

Moral is as about as high as being on a ship in the north Atlantic, May 31, 1911

Future prospects are just about as bright as the future on said ship... even the rodents have left.

Vista was wise to make it a leveraged buy out.

Advice to Management

Stop looking out for how best to make the parachutes in your package work out for you and start considering the careers of the people who made this company worth something to begin with.

The loss of core knowledge in last year's RIF's was STAGGERING.

Stop pigeon hole'ing ... people want to advance in their career's

Management is completely out of touch with the trenches... both in support and engineering.

Sep 5, 2017 – Infoblox

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, Infoblox does have a rich history that we are proud of. We also understand change is difficult, but all companies must change to adapt to the future. The company has... More

"Tacoma office is awesome!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Infoblox in Tacoma has been a great alternative to driving into Seattle for a job with a tech company. The culture is fun and open, all the while working on exciting projects with big, interesting data. We get A LOT done, but still have work/life balance with weekly social events and regular office visits from executives at headquarters.

Food ball, ping pong, ESPN on tv when you need to take a break, wine Wednesday social, free Friday lunch, chair massages on wellness days, and interested, challenging, and world changing projects. What else could you want?

Cons

Hiring a large amount of people and running out of office space quickly!

Advice to Management

Keep the morale high and keep telling us you appreciate what we do. It means a lot!

"Excellent growing employer in Tacoma"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Infoblox is in a huge growth mode focusing on technology for network control and cyber security. The office is a newly built out space in an industrial building with awesome architectural features. Great people and atmosphere along with an energetic environment. There are fun events where employees can mix and mingle - high level of employee engagement. Some of the key values are "no jerks", "absolute integrity", "fun", "transparency" and "respect others". Great place to work!

Cons

No cons with Infoblox.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking about employees and culture to make Infoblox even more awesome.