Infoblox Reviews in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

2.8
Infoblox President & CEO Jesper Andersen
Jesper Andersen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We get A LOT done, but still have work/life balance with weekly social events and regular office visits from executives at headquarters (in 13 reviews)

• Great people and atmosphere along with an energetic environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of engagement from upper management (in 8 reviews)

• work load and no work life balance (in 4 reviews)

"Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Infoblox employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Infoblox employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Small company mindset and always customer comes first. Encourages professional work environment, yet very friendly and open office policy where you can walk up to any executive/upper management and exchange your views freely.

A clarification or note about "sweatshop" comments : There are 300+ stake holders(fellow employees) believe in hard work and work hard towards a common goal. If you don't believe in that mission statement then probably you don't belong to Infoblox family. Work/personal life balance can't be enforced by a company policy and it is an individual that need to take care of him/herself. You can take the camel to water, but can you force it to drink?

If you still think Infoblox is sweatshop, then probably you are not a startup material and you should consider not to waste your time next time and find 10000+ employee company and probably you will be happier.

There is a game room (ping-pong table and pool table), TV room and workout place. Free coffee, free dinners and FREE SNACKS!!

I am still an employee at Infoblox after 6+ years and I am confident to say I am still HAPPY!!

Cons

Communication across the different functional teams can probably be MORE open and transparent, and seeing growth pains which is an expected phase of a successful company.

"Innovation At Its Best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Engineers are given plenty of opportunity to bring their innovative ideas into the product, such initiatives are highly valued and appreciated. The company also ensures that the talent is recognized and are being duly appreciated/recognized in different forms. The company has proven leadership and talent at all levels, and there is a strong focus on team collaboration and team chemistry. Within the teams also there is peer respect and professional courtesy, a place where you can learn and apply your product ideas.

I saw a negative comment on this board, and felt it necessary to respond, as Managers here are very supportive and mature. Managers take every step to go above and beyond to satisfy the employee requests, in all aspects. Engineering Management makes sure to encourage every individual in their career growth.

I am very glad to be part of the Winning Team.

Cons

As expected with any startup, work is demanding and indeed challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good work, and have the full confidence on the Management with their experiences.

"I love this company...the people are like family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Everyone seems to care about each other and the community also!

Cons

Certainly it is lots of work

Advice to Management

Keep focus on customers and employees

"Friendly coworkers and good work environment"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Infoblox as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This company makes innovative products, so working here means you'll actually be making something that people will benefit from. The environment here is also great (although somewhat cold in the engineering department), with bright coworkers and amazing snacks all the time. They also appreciate the engineers, with Friday happy hour right before the end of the day.

Cons

As mentioned above, it was rather cold there (perhaps as a side-effect of keeping the servers cold). The hours might be a little long (although I was an intern, so I had a fixed work schedule)

5. "Anonymous employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice place to work . Great Management team.

Cons

Career growth is limited .

"Great people to work with-all the way up the chain."

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Infoblox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot every day I work here. I like that there is an emphasis on collaborating to get things done and yet, the environment and culture is casual with folks just coming up to meet and chat in person impromptu. It's not expected you must have a scheduled meeting for every discussion. Lots of online learning tools for new employees to learn about the technology and solutions. New CEO looks promising.

Cons

Must be a self motivated employee to learn the products and contribute to the company goals via your individual role. Not a lot or any micro management as far as I can tell.

Advice to Management

Keep employees informed on company goals and status throughout each quarter, not just after each quarter ends so we can make adjustments along the way.

7. "Great company to work for"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Infoblox as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The entire Infoblox team is on a mission to change the world with their talented workforce. Get ready for your career to take off as they drive global revenues from $250MM to $1BB over the next few years.

Cons

Be ready to deal with new executive management as they transition the company from a startup mentality to a metric driven global organization.

Advice to Management

N/A

8. "Loving the changes"

Current Employee - Technical in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Technical in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

The CEO is focused on the right things and building a transparent organization that encourages taking risks and being innovative. New leadership with depth to take us to the next steps. I'm liking what I see.

Cons

Wish there was a way to shield ourselves from the ups and downs of the market.

Advice to Management

Keep brining in smart people with passion. We're on the right track.

9. "HQ Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

The company has impressed me so far. What I appreciate most is the organization and collaboration across business groups. The leadership has set the tone to mature the company and are doing so with forethought and organization that is rare in a mid-size company. The leadership team is approachable, passionate about what they do and bring the employee experience into each conversation.

The on-site perks are great! There are farmer’s markets, rent-a-bikes, café with excellent choices so you don't have to think about lunch or snacks, on-site gym with regularly scheduled trainers and the environment is top notch.

In my time here, I get the sense that employees are valued and appreciated. I get the sense that the leadership team is preparing for growth and setting us up for future success. Overall, it's been a great decision to join!

Cons

The company is evolving to a large company, so change is occurring. Even though change is hard, I see this as necessary for future success. It's a strategic time to join to help make an impact on the future!

Advice to Management

Keep improving the operations of the organization so we are poses for future growth and success!

10. "Awesome company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Infoblox (More than 5 years)

Pros

super smart people. Innovative. Fast Moving

Cons

Finance team can be difficult

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!