KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Informa
Is this your company?

Informa Intelligence

Add a Review

Informa Intelligence Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated May 31, 2018

Found 6 of over 79 reviews

3.6
Informa Intelligence CEO Patrick Martell
Patrick Martell
Pros
  • "Good work-life balance, nice office, editorial autonomy(in 12 reviews)

• "Can work from home as frequently as you need to(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Periods of longer hours for teams affected by staff turnover(in 4 reviews)

• "Red Tape - As with any major business this can sometimes be an issue(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0

Quality is Key

Apr 11, 2018 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will work alongside great individuals, who make the bad days better. Aside from the wonderful people, the atmosphere is very relaxed. Employees are allowed one work from home day every week, which is very nice. They are working on improving old websites, which will hopefully be beneficial in the future.

Cons

Where do I begin? Being that we are in the industry of Business Intelligence, you would think that our own intelligence and data would work well. This is not the case. None of the systems work 100% of the time. Old and new issues arise every single day. Every single day. From parts of websites living in a malfunction status, to the data being questionable, to inconsistency across the data and each website, there is always something it seems. Even internally, reporting systems do not match. There can be 5-7 different reports for the same thing, and not a one matches. Lastly, customers are not priority to them. They develop and create products for themselves, without any customer marketing or outreach. Then they wonder why customers complain that they cannot use our data and products. Makes no sense. Social events have been cut back tremendously since a year ago. We used to have a fun outing as a group once a month. Now, we are lucky if we even have a social event once a quarter.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

BI 6 month review

May 31, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Bright and friendly people that you can learn from and make it enjoyable to come to work - Flexible working environment that allows you to work from home. Office is still lively most of the time. - Amazing office location next to St.Paul's - Structure is not flat so there is opportunity to progress - Diversity in age, gender and ethnicity and show willingness to improve on this further. Started Women in business and will see if this leads to and forward thinking initiatives on areas such as Shared Parental leave and Maternity. - Part of a highly acquisitive FTSE 100 so it is an interesting and evolving company to be a part of - Part a global team so have got to know more about colleagues in other countries and how their working and personal lives differ. - Collaborative and helpful environment

Cons

- As part of a FTSE 100 company there can be moments where red tape can slow things down. - The leadership team can feel distant from the business.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 3.0

Wonderful Teams, Extremely Low Compensation

Apr 18, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working within Pharma Intelligence I get a chance to work with some of the most driven, knowledgeable passionate people in the industry. My team is very close, although we work across two continents and all senior level members of the team are invested in growth of junior members. The option to work from home is very convenient.

Cons

Although teams and the line managers create a positive work environment where one can grow his/her role and responsibilities, the informa management team does not invest in its people. The management team is extremely distant when it comes to proper compensation of their employees. Working in the consulting team, the idea for a successful business should be to invest in the people who carry consulting forward but instead of being rewarded with hard work promotions and merit increases come at a rate that is less than given to others as inflation adjustment. The monetary compensation of informa shows just how little senior informa management care about its employees

4 people found this review helpful

Informa Intelligence Response

BI Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We agree that we have very passionate employees who are exceptionally knowledgeable and driven who work well together regardless of where they are based around the world. We also think that the ability to work from home allows for a greater balance between work and home life.

4. 4.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Excellent work-life balance, amazing learning opportunities at Business Intelligence.

Mar 10, 2017 - Change Communications Lead in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Highly skilled and knowledgeable teams. Can work from home as frequently as you need to. Pay - reasonable.

Cons

Not the easiest location to get to. Some members of senior management are very prominent, others you wouldn't even know were there - a stronger presence would be excellent from leadership in it's totality.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Underpaid and undervalued, progression is blocked by senior management

Apr 5, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility with working schedule offered, and ability to work from home. Friendly team and direct managers who seem to care. Nice offices in central location.

Cons

Pay is much lower than the market rate. Pay within the same role varies according to budget constraints year-on-year, which makes employees feel undervalued and disengaged. Staff retention is extremely poor due to this. It seems upper management do not appreciate good staff.

5 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A important word of warning

Oct 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Informa BI is a fast-paced competitive business and you will get to work with some intelligent commercially minded individuals. The London office is very nice and most of the employees are very nice. Depending on what part of the business you are in there is quite a bit of flexibility to work from home.

Cons

It’s a hugely stressful environment. I don’t usually write reviews but I feel it my duty to let new employees know of the mental health risks that are involved with being an employee at Informa BI. The business runs on numbers and whether you do your job well or not, you must embrace a culture of risk. The nature of the business means it needs to change all the time and therefore you feel like your job is always at risk. You will feel the whip come down from your manager when business targets are looking to fall short. The way of dealing with this is instilling fear through many mediums. The business doesn’t seem to care that employees know that there are certain employees being pushed out of the business. You will hear stories of people being paid well to leave or life being made very difficult for them. While I was there there were easily 15 people I knew who signed off for stress at some point. Some of those quit. I watched whole teams being underpaid and overworked to the bone only to be made redundant. Teams seem to change all the time. Training is non-existent as they decided to scrap the L&D team when the business needed extra funds. You can expect this when the organisation needs money. Pay freezes and promotion freezes on and off. The HR team that was there when I joined as well as the recruitment team have changed so many times and at one point it seemed they had all left. Whenever I bumped into them it was obvious how overworked and stressed they were. A few of them were there one day and literally gone the next. One thing you need to live with at Informa is that salaries aren’t transparent and it appears there isn’t any salary structure. I know of huge differences between team members. The business needs to throw money at new employees to get them over from competitors however there are very good current employees in the same roles on much less. Two people in the pub on the same role had a discussion once and one was being paid almost half of the other. I remember the number being over £10,000 difference. My advice would be to push the top end of the salary if they offer you. You will likely get more money.

11 people found this review helpful

Informa Intelligence Response

BI Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We agree that Business Intelligence is a fast -paced company with a lot of change, particularly as in the last few years Informa has grown from a FTSE 250 to a FTSE 100 company. In addition, our flexible working approach is beneficial for a number of colleagues as it helps them strike the right work/life balance. We acknowledge that L&D adds value to our business and with that in mind we now have a new L&D team in place. They have designed and rolled out new training sessions and workshops, one of which actually took place today.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews