Informa Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Informa Group CEO Stephen A. Carter
Stephen A. Carter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance unlike other listed companies I've worked for (in 20 reviews)

• Can work from home as frequently as you need to (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Complete lack of transparency across the company with communication from senior management at times shocking (in 18 reviews)

• Managment are clueless, no room for career progression or budget for training within technology teams (in 15 reviews)

"If I could give it zero stars I would"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA

I worked at Informa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to work from home, which is also a con because you may see your colleagues only a few times a year.

Cons

This is the worst place I ever worked for many reasons but mostly it's because they don't know how to cultivate employees, have an effective structure or reward performers.

Advice to Management

Mentor your employees, bring them together as teams, create transparency and an environment where people enjoy working.

"Terrible company/Terrible people/Terrible pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Informa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is the only good thing.

Cons

There are some people who are writing scam reviews here. I have seen first-hand from my group, where my colleague said he has been asked to write a 'glorious review' using two different email accounts. It is pathetic that management would stoop down to such desperate levels to blatantly lie about the company. This is a terrible org all around. It has many subdivisions under it and the pay is pathetic across all divisions. They lie about the'profit sharing'...ive been with them over three years and got zero bonus and zero pay raise and i was considered as their top performer. Management is shiesty - will probably keep the bulk for themselves and pay nothing to the employees. Highly recommend to not work here. The interview process was like as if they are Goldman Sachs or KKR...when you start working you realize how pathetic the workplace is.

Advice to Management

Leave - dont act smart - the turnover is high for a reason. Respect people and pay them accordingly.

3. "Performance analyst"

I worked at Informa full-time

Pros

Easy position if you lack experience. The firm gives you access to bank statements and basic finance subjects. Other than that there is not much good to say.

Cons

All around poor experience. Low pay with a worthless bonus system. The office is full of people who could care less about their work and even less about the other people in the office.

The amount of turnover is beyond high due to the unrealistic work load given to each analyst.

Advice to Management

Completely change compensation. Increase office culture from zero to anything. Remove the management team and begin anew. To say that they are toxic for the office is an understatement

""Terrible Place- it is NOT a startup culture they claim to be""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Informa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NONE- biggest regret and poor decision to work here

Cons

-terrible management
    -no clear set goals
    -terrible culture- no one cares what you do
    -no growth in the company
    - redundant tasks

Advice to Management

- take the time to care about your colleagues FOR ONCE
    - terrible on-boarding process
    -no clear strategies or goals
    - boring place
    - don't be so short sighted & ignorant

"Toxic Environment - Uninvolved Management"

Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Work with big name companies
    Lots of opportunities to develop new skills and learn

Cons

Management is uninvolved and really just doesn't care about you
    Team morale is extremely low 70% of the time and you can really feel the drag of being at work
    Below market wages
    Sneaky and largely unattainable bonus structures
    Very little integrity within management which seeps out into the company at large which makes for a very unfulfilling work experience

Advice to Management

Your employees are watching you whether you want to see it or not

"Informa: Where we throw away innovation and time, daily!"

I worked at Informa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with tech companies. When you build a good number of relationships, jumping ship and finding meaningful work is easy.

Cons

An example task embodies much of my answer: "Self -generate and qualify 200 new leads, make 80+ cold calls, close 6 deals, and enter everything about these leads into the new version of Salesforce--which, btw, an internal consultant openly scolded management for not understanding its prior edition--within 48 hours."

Though I can't stand PC jargon, this is hands-down the most passive-aggressive work climate I've seen in real life or on TV. Couple the previous task with a superior staring at you ~40% of a 15hr day, and while making snarky remarks that everyone will hear and critique you on. Dream job, right?

To recount, we've covered unreasonable tasks. uneducated management, zero professionalism, and one more thing--you're selling slots to events that cost $$$s, albeit there are better (and free) exhibits for premier prospects. Bit of a con there...

Advice to Management

Explore a corporate vision. Build a culture founded on leadership, relationship building, and data analysis that extends beyond internal micro-managing. Take time to analyze your competition. Lose the UK bigotry--it's not appealing in educated, international cities

"Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Informa (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly cannot think of one pro while working at Informa. I did meet some very nice people though.

Cons

Terrible Leadership. Very fluid working environment. Constant layoffs. Huge big brother mentality watching every single move and call you make. Frequent changes in strategy that shows a lack of leadership and confidence. I would never work for this company again or allow anyone I know to work for them.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to get new management. Due to the high turnover and changes, I had five different bosses in the span of two years. Do a better a job.

"No Work-Life Balance"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Sarasota, FL

Pros

I find it very hard to come up with good reasons to work here.

Cons

Management expects the GL staff (all salaried) to work several hours of overtime a week. I averaged 55-60 hours a week with no extra pay & no raise! Although 11 holidays are listed as paid time off holidays, if holidays fall during the 3 day time period of close, staff is expected to work that day at the office & take another day off in the month.
    Management expects staff to be involved in external office activities taking you away from your family for even more hours. Definitely no work-life balance here.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more appreciative of all the hard work their staff puts in & needs to promote more within.

"Corporate sucks!"

I have been working at Informa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual dress. Fun staff. Good parking. Bridgette is awesome to work for. Great leader. Lori is nice too. I'm not happy here.

Cons

Pay sucks. Employees are treated like dirt. Heard old president was fired after 30 years and everything went to crap after that.

Advice to Management

Start your own company without the corporate BS!

"Management needs some work"

Former Employee - Marketer
    Former Employee - Marketer

I worked at Informa full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great people to work with and fun work in general. alot of learning opportunities

Cons

no progression and management are very closed off. It's their way or the highway.

Advice to Management

Have an open door policy